Thread: Bruce Lee

Hybrid View

Bruce Lee

Good clip, he inspired many...Bil Gee is an open ended question , with unlimited answers.

http://youtu.be/depXMeGL3RU
    Last edited by k gledhill; 11-12-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Good Clip,,,Funny thing is most of the so called experts around here think Bruce sucked, lol...Perception is everything, some have it some don't

He was an actor, not a fighter. But yes, he did inspire many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    He was an actor, not a fighter. But yes, he did inspire many people.
    I agree he wasn't a professional/amateur fighter, he didn't compete in events, but he could fight. I've read around here were ppl said he couldn't.

Also, your label "actor" yes he was that, as well as many other things, you said it he inspired ppl as well, so he wasn't just an actor. All of us are more than just the sum of our parts, Bruce played many roles/parts in his life, like we all do, to put him in a box and say he was just this or that (especially when you never met him, lol..) is a error in judgement IMO.

J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYrS...feature=g-vrec another one..
    Last edited by sihing; 11-12-2012 at 02:30 PM.

In the clip you see him doing Chi Sau...You will never ever see him actually sparring.

In a demo any one can win if you go by certain rules...But in actual match..Ones gung fu could be proven by how well they fight!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    In the clip you see him doing Chi Sau...You will never ever see him actually sparring.

In a demo any one can win if you go by certain rules...But in actual match..Ones gung fu could be proven by how well they fight!
    In the one I posted there is no footage of him sparring, there is in other clips out there.

All I can say as someone that never met him, like everyone else around here, when I see him move, read about or watch other's talk about his ability, I make my own judgement about it, HE COULD FIGHT AND KICK ALL THE GUYS AROUND HERE ASSES..lol...

Since he's dead you and I will never really know how good he was, I'm not saying he was the world's best, but he could definetly fight, lol, to deny that is a fools choice

J

Quote Originally Posted by sihing View Post
    I agree he wasn't a professional/amateur fighter, he didn't compete in events, but he could fight. I've read around here were ppl said he couldn't.

Also, your label "actor" yes he was that, as well as many other things, you said it he inspired ppl as well, so he wasn't just an actor. All of us are more than just the sum of our parts, Bruce played many roles/parts in his life, like we all do, to put him in a box and say he was just this or that (especially when you never met him, lol..) is a error in judgement IMO.
    Good points.

A lot of people on forums like tossing little barbs at BL; usually what they really mean is, "I'm a better and more knowledgeable MAist than BL was." When in fact nobody can ever know. So BL wasn't a fighter because he didn't have the foresight to make videos of himself fighting to one day post in the far-flung future on u-tube? Seriously?

Obviously, BL wasn't the greatest fighter who ever lived. Who could ever claim that? It's a very big world, and I doubt he himself ever claimed such. But I'm certain he could have handled himself very well against most people.

There are tons of people out there who could tear the living crap out of most guys, and who are unknown and have never posted anything online. Many of whom have very little to no formal MA training. They are not professional fighters, but they can hurt you very badly, very quickly. To underestimate others you don't know because they're 'an actor', or whatever else they happen to be/have been, is a potentially dangerous form of delusion.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 11-14-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Good points.

A lot of people on forums like tossing little barbs at BL; usually what they really mean is, "I'm a better and more knowledgeable MAist than BL was." When in fact nobody can ever know. So BL wasn't a fighter because he didn't have the foresight to make videos of himself fighting to one day post in the far-flung future on u-tube? Seriously?

Obviously, BL wasn't the greatest fighter who ever lived. Who could ever claim that? It's a very big world, and I doubt he himself ever claimed such. But I'm certain he could have handled himself very well against most people.

There are tons of people out there who could tear the living crap out of most guys, and who are unknown and have never posted anything online. Many of whom have very little to no formal MA training. They are not professional fighters, but they can hurt you very badly, very quickly. To underestimate others you don't know because they're 'an actor', or whatever else they happen to be/have been, is a potentially dangerous form of delusion.
    Very good post Jimbo. Your right, not everyone that can fight well compete's, it is a big world and to think that everyone that can fight want's to compete or can is ridiculous IMO. Yes, to enter into the competative world of combat will definetly make you a better fighter, as now it is your profession.

Yoki, lol, your a funny guy, of course his CLAIM TO FAME is thru the movies, lol, how else does one get Fame??? Such a judgemental person based on not even meeting the man for himself. Pound for pound Bruce was up there..end of story.

J

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Good clip, he inspired many...Bil Gee is an open ended question , with unlimited answers.

http://youtu.be/depXMeGL3RU
    It is nice to see a production from his family that contains some of the Oakland footage too. He was a difinitive inspiration for a 10 year old me but I lost interest later in my martial life for other more personal reasons.

On the 'could he or couldn't he' fight note... I have met and talked with 2 of his early students, and I bet some of you here have trained with one of these at least. Both had first hand accounts of witnessing Bruce fight, and learn from the experience, which IS what fighters do isn't it??

So he kicked ass and had his handed to him too in the earlier days. But once he stepped it up a gear and really became 'kung fu crazy!' I don't think there was anyone around at the time who could even touch him, and his closest friends thought the same.

FWIW He would have also loved the internet!! Haven't any of you guys read his book 'Tao of JKD'??? Some serious ramblings in there that wouldn't be out of place in these very forums imho
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術