Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee

Good clip, he inspired many...Bil Gee is an open ended question , with unlimited answers.

http://youtu.be/depXMeGL3RU
    Last edited by k gledhill; 11-12-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Good Clip,,,Funny thing is most of the so called experts around here think Bruce sucked, lol...Perception is everything, some have it some don't

He was an actor, not a fighter. But yes, he did inspire many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    He was an actor, not a fighter. But yes, he did inspire many people.
    I agree he wasn't a professional/amateur fighter, he didn't compete in events, but he could fight. I've read around here were ppl said he couldn't.

Also, your label "actor" yes he was that, as well as many other things, you said it he inspired ppl as well, so he wasn't just an actor. All of us are more than just the sum of our parts, Bruce played many roles/parts in his life, like we all do, to put him in a box and say he was just this or that (especially when you never met him, lol..) is a error in judgement IMO.

J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYrS...feature=g-vrec another one..
    Last edited by sihing; 11-12-2012 at 02:30 PM.

In the clip you see him doing Chi Sau...You will never ever see him actually sparring.

In a demo any one can win if you go by certain rules...But in actual match..Ones gung fu could be proven by how well they fight!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    In the clip you see him doing Chi Sau...You will never ever see him actually sparring.

In a demo any one can win if you go by certain rules...But in actual match..Ones gung fu could be proven by how well they fight!
    In the one I posted there is no footage of him sparring, there is in other clips out there.

All I can say as someone that never met him, like everyone else around here, when I see him move, read about or watch other's talk about his ability, I make my own judgement about it, HE COULD FIGHT AND KICK ALL THE GUYS AROUND HERE ASSES..lol...

Since he's dead you and I will never really know how good he was, I'm not saying he was the world's best, but he could definetly fight, lol, to deny that is a fools choice

J

Bruce fought, WSL talks about him having early fights in HK challenges.

I do JKD, anyone who wants to see what it's about can come to LA. I always need a good training partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    I do JKD, anyone who wants to see what it's about can come to LA. I always need a good training partner.
    I'm in LA. Where do you train?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Bruce fought, WSL talks about him having early fights in HK challenges.
    Exactly Kev. Sifu Cheung also talks about the real street fights Bruce had. Plus, he fought against a boxer once.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

For being "just an actor" he sure got and still gets a lot of respect from seasoned fighters.
    Bas Rutten, Mike Tyson, The Gracies, Anderson Silva, Pac Man, the list goes on and on and on.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    For being "just an actor" he sure got and still gets a lot of respect from seasoned fighters.
    Bas Rutten, Mike Tyson, The Gracies, Anderson Silva, Pac Man, the list goes on and on and on.
    who would listen to all those scrubs?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    who would listen to all those scrubs?
    Certainly not Mr. know-it-all Master Yoshi ...

Quote Originally Posted by wtxs View Post
    Certainly not Mr. know-it-all Master Yoshi ...
    i just think he is a bit over rated..had he still been living people wouldnt refer to him as they do Elvis, or Tupac Shakur...People would have you believe this and that...Was Bruce Lee a fighter...I dont know...Alls i can say is the only evidence to him being a real fighter is all third hand information....at the end of the day you dont see him doing anything credible outside of some chi sau and inch punch demos.

But i will say he was in excellent condition!

An i love his kung fu in the movies!!!

But hey what about Jet Li is he a fighter?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

i just think he is a bit over rated..had he still been living people wouldnt refer to him as they do Elvis, or Tupac Shakur...People would have you believe this and that...Was Bruce Lee a fighter...I dont know...Alls i can say is the only evidence to him being a real fighter is all third hand information....at the end of the day you dont see him doing anything credible outside of some chi sau and inch punch demos.

But i will say he was in excellent condition!

An i love his kung fu in the movies!!!

But hey what about Jet Li is he a fighter?
    Listen mate do your Research before you start running your gums He did Sparring
    He saw himself as a Martial artist first!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVVGZEFQusM