Thread: Xinyi vs. Lan Shou Men

Smile Xinyi vs. Lan Shou Men

Hi everyone,

I found these two options near me:

Xinyi (Hsing-I)
    - Lineage: Sifu George Xu and Sifu Qian Zhao Hong.

Lan Shou Men

I intend on going for a trial lesson both places but would like some basic info regarding differences between the styles - and about effectiveness, learning curve etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Said; 11-13-2012 at 03:31 AM.

style means nothing only the teacher. ask to cross hands try to hit him use some force when resisitng se how easliy you are beaten, feel his power, and make sure he can convey the art to others.

In the end any stlye is only as good as its taught.

when students come into my school and are interested in training i touch hands right away, joint lock them throw them, put them on the mat etcetc to let them know you are not learning forms from a PJ wearer, so common in the shopping mall schools TCMA have been know to resemble.
    I have a school down the street where they dont lern to fight, nor do application. they have over 50 students.. LOL
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    style means nothing only the teacher. ask to cross hands try to hit him use some force when resisitng se how easliy you are beaten, feel his power, and make sure he can convey the art to others.

In the end any stlye is only as good as its taught.

when students come into my school and are interested in training i touch hands right away, joint lock them throw them, put them on the mat etcetc to let them know you are not learning forms from a PJ wearer, so common in the shopping mall schools TCMA have been know to resemble.
    I have a school down the street where they dont lern to fight, nor do application. they have over 50 students.. LOL
    Thanks for the advice!

anytime I have 31 years of learning so I am more than willing to give back and share my experience. good luck with your path, the improtant thing is staying on it consistantly.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    anytime I have 31 years of learning so I am more than willing to give back and share my experience. good luck with your path, the improtant thing is staying on it consistantly.
    Thanks again.