Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bridging hands used to attack nerve points on the opponent's limbs

Blog Entries

Bridging hands used to attack nerve points on the opponent's limbs

What are some techniques/strategies you use in wing chun to attack Nerve centers such as ulnar nerve/artery, median nerves, brachial artery, axillary artery on the opponent's bridge, when he attacks (Breaking Bridge)?

The only nerve centers I bother with really are the brachial plexus and perineal nerve. Yeah you can target stuff in the arms but it's going to be pretty low percentage. Even against a grab there are more efficient way of breaking it.

By the time you set up the break or try to do any nerve attack you will be hit by his free arm right in the kisser!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    By the time you set up the break or try to do any nerve attack you will be hit by his free arm right in the kisser!

Whoa!!! Wait a minute... is Yoshi making good sense?
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Calm down Geezer ... just a fluke, an meathead requires tons of tenderizing before it can be pliable.

Yes...Sir..trying to use two hands against one is not what i want to do. I want to hit you so u cant hit me. If i attack an elusive nerve points it will be on your face when where i punch you at...or your neck...Not wrestling you though more like continous strikes if i gain entry.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Here we go again,

He’s not right, just like in “Chin Na” the practitioner that applied the technique is taught to always keep himself in the best position from being hit when applying and learning arm breaks or pressing nerve points.

He just made that up.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 11-13-2012 at 02:52 PM.

That is true...But personally i see Chin Na techniques as secondary...Basically i use them as a reaction to my opponent trying to trap my hands or hinder me from hitting them...When you start hitting your opponent too much he will try to slow you down by holding or grabbing your arm...Thats when Chin Na is utilize...When your grabbed in a way where you can't punch...But while i reversing your hold im more than likely kicking you at the same time...An the use of Chin Na for me is to free my hands so i can continue punching you an controlling the bridge..

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    He’s not right, just like in “Chin Na” the practitioner that applied the technique is taught to always keep himself in the best position from being hit when applying and learning arm breaks or pressing nerve points.

He just made that up.

Double Talk

You’re so misinformed and how can you truly believe your own explanations?

That is true...But personally i see Chin Na techniques as secondary...Basically i use them as a reaction to my opponent trying to trap my hands or hinder me from hitting them...When you start hitting your opponent too much he will try to slow you down by holding or grabbing your arm...Thats when Chin Na is utilize...When your grabbed in a way where you can't punch...But while i reversing your hold im more than likely kicking you at the same time...An the use of Chin Na for me is to free my hands so i can continue punching you an controlling the bridge..
    Remember you said this:

simply...fighting cant really be explained..He has to be shown...
    But yet, you’re doing a whole lot of explaining… Why are you still writing, and if you truly believe that statement you made; why are you continuing to post; Hummmmm?

It’s seems that you’re trolling for information by starting way too many threads on subjects that’s clearly obvious to everyone that you know nothing about,,, dude, you’re just selling snake oil; and you should be ashamed, because it’s a lot of people here that knows and can see right through it.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 11-15-2012 at 09:24 AM.

it took you this long to see that?? I think the same goes for half the posters here, sometimes yourself included. BTW, how's that philipino wonder kid doing that you were trainig to box a few years back? Didn't you say he was going to be pro by now and undefeatable?? You still have a bunch of unanswereed questions here on that..

Actually, Yoshi's been making more sense lately. I have my doubts that it's based on any actual experience of his own, but it's a start..
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 11-14-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    it took you this long to see that?? I think the same goes for half the posters here, sometimes yourself included…
    Show me one post on where you think I was winging it, outside of me over speaking about the drug test (forgot). And I can show you many of your post where you didn’t have a clue, because you’re his disciple of ignorance.

Let’s prove our point together and watch me snatch you clean out the frame with facts. Let’s get real, and no fighting just debate. I have no hatred towards you; so this should be real easy.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    BTW, how's that philipino wonder kid doing that you were trainig to box a few years back? Didn't you say he was going to be pro by now and undefeatable?? You still have a bunch of unanswereed questions here on that…
    First of all, stay with the subject at hand. This has nothing to do with that young man, and he’s still fighting, like you really care; you guys showed no interest in him, but only contempt; just like you’re doing at this moment, hummmm,,, I wonders why?

Every time I prove something to you, you’ll only try to debunk it without substance; why take him through this, he’s done nothing to anyone here. Let’s get real and no fighting, just debate, and show me one post on where you think I was winging it.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 11-15-2012 at 07:38 AM.

12. Once,in the heat of an "interesting" skirmish,I accidentally ( my intended target was something else) punched a boxer in the inside of his upper arm,between the bicep and tricep muscles,this rendered his arm useless for quite a few days and opened my eyes to the concept of "defanging the snake" and as a result I changed my training somewhat to be able to skillfully try the same stunt again if such an occasion to use it would arise.
    The "Old" Yang style of Taiji
    Hakka Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu

you are right...my snake oil is $19.99 per bottle...i have some great group rates as well...

How many would you like to buy..

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    You’re so misinformed and how can you truly believe your own explanations?

Remember you said this:

But yet, you’re doing a whole lot of explaining… Why are you still writing, and if you truly believe that statement you made; why are you continuing to post; Hummmmm?

It’s seems that you’re trolling for information by starting way too many threads on subjects that’s clearly obvious to everyone that you know nothing about,,, dude, you’re just selling snake oil; and you should be ashamed, because it’s a lot of people here that knows and can see right through it.

Thank you Jipanz...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    it took you this long to see that?? I think the same goes for half the posters here, sometimes yourself included. BTW, how's that philipino wonder kid doing that you were trainig to box a few years back? Didn't you say he was going to be pro by now and undefeatable?? You still have a bunch of unanswereed questions here on that..

Actually, Yoshi's been making more sense lately. I have my doubts that it's based on any actual experience of his own, but it's a start..

Really? Punch the inside of his arm? What was he doing a wild hook....I like to get you in the boxing ring to see that in action!!!

A good boxers punches will be fast, snappy and tight...Even the hooks and uppercuts will be tight and close. Not wild and wide looking... also when he throws the hooks its going to be either when he has you back up or when your covered up an just open up. If you gaurd high it will be shot to ribs. if you guard low a shot to the jaw.

But i digress...I take you were talking an actual fight with out gloves. In either case i dont see punching bicep or tricep doing considerable damage for two whole days...I can see it hurting him temporary for two seconds...but then again if his adrenaline is pumping he probably wont feel it while he is attacking...

your best bet is centerline attacks...Basically hit him in the face, throat, groin...Those are the best spots to hit...

Going for a little spot on the arm will leave you chasing his hands that are no threat to you...Unless my opponent hands are obstructing my path way or covering the centerline I dont worry about them. If he is foolish enough to have his gates open i march right in and attack his centerline...Pak Sau and Lop Sau work great to open doors...So you can hit the face.

Bridge your opponent if his guards are in your way or by intercepting his attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakua4581 View Post
    Once,in the heat of an "interesting" skirmish,I accidentally ( my intended target was something else) punched a boxer in the inside of his upper arm,between the bicep and tricep muscles,this rendered his arm useless for quite a few days and opened my eyes to the concept of "defanging the snake" and as a result I changed my training somewhat to be able to skillfully try the same stunt again if such an occasion to use it would arise.
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 11-15-2012 at 10:12 AM.