Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wing chun's internal benefits

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Was that the only treatment he undertook?
    I dont know but there was a news article that he did SLT and it helped. I tried to find the article but couldnt.

On people with disabilities.

Will power plays it's role in adjustments.

Paul Lam was a student of Leung Sheung and was one of the earlier wing chun migrants to the UK.
    He had polio as a a kid but compensated and developed his arms and arm motions quite well
    and did very well against the best known student of a wing chun pioneer in the UK.

A wing chun person who became very famous in the movies supposedly had one foot slightly shorter than the other.

No one is perfect. Matter of degrees including will power.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
    I dont know but there was a news article that he did SLT and it helped. I tried to find the article but couldnt.
    I don't doubt that it probably did help, though more for the reasons that WC cultivates a healthy lifestyle and determination than any qigong magic.

Leaving aside the limited value of anecdotal evidence as scientific proof, any assertion that WC practice healed TST's cancer begs the question of why the WC practice didn't prevent the cancer in the first place.

I have a female training partner who is a breast cancer survivor, and trained and continues to train WC and BJJ both sides of the disease. She credits training with giving her strength and determination to succeed with her treatment.

All that aside, anyone ignoring the best medicine has to offer and going down a qigong-only path to cure something as serious as cancer is IMO a fool.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

tsui sheung tin is known as the "king of siu nim tao". he lays out plain and simple instruction for proper practice and building up the "unconscious force". even if it only brings presence of mind and true relaxation, relaxation aids the immune function.

Quote Originally Posted by groovenugget View Post
    tsui sheung tin is known as the "king of siu nim tao". he lays out plain and simple instruction for proper practice and building up the "unconscious force". even if it only brings presence of mind and true relaxation, relaxation aids the immune function.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I do not think that there is any special or unique magic in TST's slt. Some martial arts properly practiced together with other life style changing things can help some people with some health problems.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
    GM Tsui Seung Tin used sil lim tao form to fight his cancer. The fist 3 wu sau & fook saus should take 45 minutes to do this & is a chi gong exercise as well as a wing chun disilpine.
    TST doesnt spend 45 minutes on that section of the SLT, or indeed the whole thing

absolutely, proper practice is the key. imo i would say there is nothing magical about internal practice-and true masters of "ima" would agree

Quote Originally Posted by groovenugget View Post
    But, he combines that with a proper structure achieved through YGKM