Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pudao

Guess it's like how some of the early rappers must of felt when MC Hammer hit it big...funny thing is on of the Power Rangers is a pro fighter these days....never thought of it as self loathing, your probably onto something....but I've always been aware of my loathing for the lazy fat kid in the back who never tries but just won't quit, lol

See? There you go! Can't underrate Power Rangers..

We were following the Power Ranger you speak of here - Green Power Ranger to fight MMA - although it doesn't look like anyone's bothered to update that for the last two years. I know one Power Ranger stuntperson personally. That would be Tess. 'nuf said.

Funny you should mention Hammer too. As you might know, I do some work for the music industry, and one of the most hardcore shows I've ever worked was a Hammer show. There was a huge riot, a gang war.

But more to the point, I feel ya on the loathing of that lazy kid. There's one in every group, it seems. The bottom line is martial arts ain't for everyone. However I think it's actually the loathing of those caricature 'masters' - the poseurs - that offends us most. It's all relative though. You know, given my position, I get the privilege of meeting many of the world's best masters. And I also still have my classmates, who are always trying to impress just like any classmate might. They'll show off some newly acquired technique and I have to just grin. Sure, they usually have a decent piece of it, but like I said, it's all relative.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

A Kwan Dao version

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    What WOULD work would be if it turns out that you guys have more two piece long weapons...you could then have a standard size for all of them...and the piece would then be usable for things like the Madao, Tiger Fork, Monk Spade, etc....

Just an idea.
    So we just got this new product in - a 2 Piece Stainless Steel Dragon Head Kwandao. It has the same 2 Piece screw-in assembly as the 2 Piece Pudao. Do the threads match? I'm afraid I can't tell you. Unfortunately, we're out of stock of the 2 Piece Pudao. It looks like it's from the same maker, but I can't be sure. Even if it was, the threading still might not match.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Oh never mind...

We found a 2 Piece Pudao example. The shaft diameter does not match the new Kwan Dao. They come from two completely different makers.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

do you guys laquer the handles? or make composite handles? or just wood?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Depends on the model

These have metal shafts.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Shaolin Pudao

another great video from CGTN series on the Shaolin Pudao

"色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

Nice bit of thread necromancy there Djuan!

I see that CGTN has produced a whole series of video shorts on Kung Fu recently for their YouTube channel. They've been filling up my newsfeeds and I've been thinking about posting them on appropriate threads here as more grist for the mill. Thanks for taking care of this for me, Djuan. Good looking out.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I see that CGTN has produced a whole series of video shorts on Kung Fu recently for their YouTube channel. They've been filling up my newsfeeds and I've been thinking about posting them on appropriate threads here as more grist for the mill. Thanks for taking care of this for me, Djuan. Good looking out.
    all good! there are a couple more I wanted to share and didn't find threads for! so I'm gonna find a thread general enough and put em there! some really good perspectives!
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator