Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fake choy lee fut

Well rumor has it one Fab Fi' Freddie might make a special appearance at the Chicago Internation martial arts seminar over at Prentiss' place (www.rhodesfusionfitness.com). Now it's only a rumor at this point, and it could be his double as well, because the name on the e-mail read Freddie Li, not Freddy Lee; but I think the appearance could be a very entertaining addition to the lineup!

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    AS A TRADITIONALIST I HAVE TO ADMIT THIS BOTHERS ME. SO MANY PEOPLE LEGITIMATELY LEARNS THE CHOY LEE FUT STYLE AND HERE IS FREDDIE DOING SOMETHING HE IS CALLING CHOY LEE FUT. I FEEL SAD FOR HIS STUDENTS BECAUSE LIKE SIN THE FROM SHAOLIN DO, HE IS LYING TO THEM ABOUT THIS BEING CHOY LEE FUT. EVERYTHING IS WRONG......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCMR-53lWpo

That happens in every style, if you own the name
    , then you could sue them, otherwise that's the way it is in most country's that have laws.

Most styles are just a likeness to original style, not much more, most have lost the original essence anyway, just look at a style as a loose description of a set of movements to develope body coordination , not application ability.

Blog Entries
    there always has to be one nut in the bunch.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Well I don't think he has any clips of himself breaking any bricks or anything on the youey. I wonder why he hasn't availed himself of that avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    Yes, because CLF strategy is just to throw one punch and then let the opponent dance around your arm and throw punches.

And also, good luck trying to control the oblique angle against CLF. That's where the system shines because of the long arm techniques.

Seems like a better Wing Chun strategy would be to work inside and jam the shoulder before a CLF fighter could get the Sao Choi off.

E