Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Kung Fu against this

Your Kung Fu against this

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

That was ****ed up.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

well the first step is to get that footage, the next step is to invesitgate to find out who attacked you, the third step is revenge.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Haaaa! Well said, Lucas, like a true Kung Fu man!

Honestly, it's not about "Your Kung Fu against this". My Walther PPK wouldn't stand a chance against such a blindsiding.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

You know, I only got sucker punched once *knock on wood* and that lesson is with me to this day.
    I never go around a corner to close, I am always on guard when people are around me or behind me, always have my chin tucked in, it's rather disturbing now that I think of it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Kung fu doesn't include walking around with an iPod plugged into your ears, does it?

Someone ran up behind Brendan Lai who spun around with a groin kick. He pulled it at the last instant, but it was enough to stop the guy.

Someone sneaked up behind Lau Fat Man when he was getting a haircut. LFM broke the guy's wrist when he felt the person touch his hair.

I've actually had that happen to me where a guy full on blind sides me.

But I'm not a 90 pound girl and at the time it wasn't that great of a shot really.

I don't think anything but conditioning and reaction time would have anything to do with not being too badly effected by that.

But then I didn't shrug up or duck the shot I took and it just rang my bell a bit. Didn't knock me down, or out or anything.

I don't think anyone trains in anything that would give them anything against that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

my kung fu would be against that ghetto scum bag mother f'er POS that woudl hit a woman. THIS is what I train for....... to do permant damage to people on the planet like this.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Poison is the best way.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Poison is the best way.
    blowdarts or in the cocktail?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I would prefer to introduce the poison through touch or ingestion for sure. Less evidence. I'm a pretty methodical person, so learning routine and finding the best opportunity would be my way. I mean if I were to ever do that kind of thing, which I wouldn't of course.

Curare resin drop on the inside of a sharpened fingernail.

You're welcome.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Nothing like a good sucker punch

I've sucker punched people and been sucker punched. It sucks. But it's a bit like being struck by lightening or having a grand piano dropped on you. It's not something you can really prepare for. You just have to be alert, and a little lucky.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You know, I only got sucker punched once *knock on wood* and that lesson is with me to this day.
    I never go around a corner to close, I am always on guard when people are around me or behind me, always have my chin tucked in, it's rather disturbing now that I think of it.
    I'm like that too. I guess it was paranoia at one point. Now it's just habit. I automatically sit with my back to the wall when I go out to eat, view of the door. I don't even think about it, it's just natural now. I am always using reflections and peripheral vision. I will always know whats behind me without being obvious about it. Don't cut corners etc....

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I don't think anyone trains in anything that would give them anything against that.
    She had all the reflections in the world to work with. She could have been aware, she just wasn't. Most people aren't very aware of what's going on around them. Unless she was wearing headphones, she should have heard it soon enough to get a peek at what's behind her without actually turning around. I do it all the time without even thinking about it.