Thread: Homeopathic Medicine

Homeopathic Medicine

Any of you guys try the homeopathic medicines on the market, thought with the flu season coming up we'd get onto this topic a little.

oscillococcinum is the big product that is used for the flu.

Many people react well to homeopathic remedies and others do not.

Homeopathic remedies are diluted substances.

Watch out for strong mints in toothpaste and coffee as they neutralize the remedies taken.

I offer herbs for colds and flu as well that are not diluted.

Gan Mao Ling is for colds and Yin Qiao is used for the flu.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Just picked up some oscil yesterday from Vitamin Shoppe. Never used it today and just figured I'd get stocked and ready. Also heard sambucol/elderberry extract works well.

My recommendation, a flu vaccine shot. Flu is a virus. Homeopathic medicine will help with symptoms but will not work against the virus. Best to avoid it all together simply by getting the flu shot.
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    oscillococcinum is the big product that is used for the flu.

Many people react well to homeopathic remedies and others do not.

Homeopathic remedies are diluted substances.

Watch out for strong mints in toothpaste and coffee as they neutralize the remedies taken.

I offer herbs for colds and flu as well that are not diluted.

Gan Mao Ling is for colds and Yin Qiao is used for the flu.
    I didn't see any on your site. Flu shots are nice but I don't like all the additives used in them, also they have a product I believe it's dolavaxil, it contains the yearly predicted flu virus.

I will add them when I get back from training with my teacher in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    My recommendation, a flu vaccine shot. Flu is a virus. Homeopathic medicine will help with symptoms but will not work against the virus. Best to avoid it all together simply by getting the flu shot.
    Mercury, and other chemicals that have nothing to with health are used in them.

Best to avoid them as they really do not prevent the flu as studies have shown.

That Mr. Dugas is a smart fellow . I didn't know about the toothpaste Dale, but thank you! As long as I keep a "beginners mind" and keep my mind open I learn from others all the time!

I'm not a homeopathic expert..but I did get my undergrad in nutrition from a school of Naturoathic medicine out west.

I once had a viral infection which was manifesting as a chronic cough for over a month. Had no health insurance, but the N.D.s took a blood test and some other tests and told me I more than likely had a viral infection.

Their suggestion was to inhale some vaports from the herb "thyme"(in some simmering water) and take some herbs such as Oregon Grape and others whose names escape me at the moment.

The d-mn cough was gone in less than 2 days!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Mercury, and other chemicals that have nothing to with health are used in them.

Best to avoid them as they really do not prevent the flu as studies have shown.
    I am not shocked, but rather taken back a bit by this remark. Do you realize how many people die from the flu each year. I can tell you that I have had it a few times and the first one came very close to killing me. It did kill some 75,000 others at that time. It does actually give you immunity to flu for a year or so, and if most of those people, including myself, had taken the vaccine we would not have gotten it. To recommend avoiding the vaccine is in my opinion sort of irresponsible. Like a lot of other things, the vaccine is going to have lots of things in it that have no real meaning as far as the flu is concerned, but it is necessary in order to maintain the contents that do work. Once the virus strikes, you have no choices but to allow it to run it's course and hope for the best. Homeopathic medicine can indeed reduce the symptoms for flu or colds, but not in all cases. Some people are only sick for a few days with flu, others get glimpses of the grim reaper. Some get a real good look at him.
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I am not shocked, but rather taken back a bit by this remark. Do you realize how many people die from the flu each year. I can tell you that I have had it a few times and the first one came very close to killing me. It did kill some 75,000 others at that time. It does actually give you immunity to flu for a year or so, and if most of those people, including myself, had taken the vaccine we would not have gotten it. To recommend avoiding the vaccine is in my opinion sort of irresponsible. Like a lot of other things, the vaccine is going to have lots of things in it that have no real meaning as far as the flu is concerned, but it is necessary in order to maintain the contents that do work. Once the virus strikes, you have no choices but to allow it to run it's course and hope for the best. Homeopathic medicine can indeed reduce the symptoms for flu or colds, but not in all cases. Some people are only sick for a few days with flu, others get glimpses of the grim reaper. Some get a real good look at him.
    It all depends on your immune system, eating well and exercise also help keep you pretty immune. That's why vaccinations aren't mandatory.