Thread: Hot Jow/Cold Jow/Shy Cow/Bold Cow...

Hot Jow/Cold Jow/Shy Cow/Bold Cow...

Anyone know why they call hot jows "hot jows" and cold jows "cold jows"? I bought a hot one of of everything wing chun, but it didn't heat up my hands or anything. Was I supposed to heat the jow? Or do the terms hot and cold just have to do with Chinese medicinal principles? What's the dealy, yo?
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

It all depends on how its used. You can heat your hands in hot water and the apply jow and it will be hot.

You can also keep cold jows in the fridge and use them for cooling when hot acute swollen injuries happen.

Also depends on the maker. Some of the traditional formulas are not for public sale as they are poisonous.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Love your new signature, Dale (and I feel sorry for the poor sap that challenges you).

Yeah, I'm talking 8 Immortals and Imperial Fire I got off everything Wing Chun. Plus, I was recommended to use hot jows and bone pills to treat a nagging injury from several years back by a well respected Sifu. I neglected however to ask him what he meant by "hot jow" or why they call them "hot jows".