Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deadly Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Last time I went into an ancient jungle forest I had a single guide to show me where the most deadly tigers dwell. Upon entering a secluded glade we came across two of the largest male tigers I have ever seen. They were locked in a deadly dance, each striving to kill the other. Lashing and roaring, we watched the two great cats crash, claw and roll across the jungle floor. As in the old adage; 'when two tigers meet in the jungle, one will be killed and the other will be maimed' I can assure you that in this case, this is truth. One of the great beasts finally sucumbed to blood loss and made a fatal error, resulting in the opening of it's jugular by its rival. The victorious cat emerged from the confrontation, blood soaked, injured and furious. At this moment, the beast noticed us and charged. The animal headed straight at me, blood foam caking its maw, savagry overwhelming its being. In a perfect moment of clarity and unity, I locked gazes with the creature. We were as a single mind, his nature and mine mingling. My humanity to quench his fire and his ferocity to inflame my soul...At that moment, acting as one, my unshakable wisdom and the indomitable will of my counterpart, we turned on my guide and tore him to the ground. His life blood sating the lust of the tiger. Our minds parted and the tiger, licking its dripping fangs, took one last glance at me before it padded of into the jungle forest. This is the deadly wisom I learned in wombat combat, but the methods are secret so I cannot share.
    Once upon a time, a bear and a rabbit were alone in the woods. The bear looks at the rabbit and says..., aw nevermind. You've all probably heard it before...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_Man View Post
    John and Wang are walking down the street ...
    John Wang is Chinese. John Wang is also quite old. Whatever that John Wang may say, it's old Chinese saying.

When people says, "TCMA is more than just fighting."

Old Chinese saying said,

- I respect those who teaches combat and claims he teaches combat (he is honest).
    - I also respect those who teaches combat and claims he teaches health (he is humble).
    - I just don't respect those who teaches health and claims he teaches combat (he is cheating).
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-24-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    - I respect those who teaches combat and claims he teaches combat (he is honest).
    - I also respect those who teaches combat and claims he teaches health (he is humble).
    - I just don't respect those who teaches health and claims he teaches combat (he is cheating).
    We're going to need 3 separate fortune cookies for all that...

Blog Entries
    - Confucius said, "One should respect elder." Oneday he used his cane to hit on an old men's shin bone and said, "How come you are so old and still not dead yet?"

- Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-24-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

what happened to the fortune cookie spouting mouthboxer?

tamed that easy.

cupcake.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

As for the original thread..

I've read your question and I guess what I don't get is..

How is it "deadly" wisdom? A clue to someones' personality traits between 2 people? Maybe..

I just don't see the "deadly" aspect of it..

It's not like the beggar scratched one of the guys arms and infected him with Hepatitis and the man warded it off with the power of his mind..

Nor is it attending a kung fu seminar on Dim Mak..

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    what happened to the fortune cookie spouting mouthboxer?

tamed that easy.

cupcake.
    Wow. I've seen your posts and you're really quick to jump on the bandwagon to disparage others and try and belittle people's viewpoints. Just because you've accumulated a massive number of posts on this forum doesn't entitle you to randomly insult other members. Perhaps the favourite expression of yours, "mouthboxer", is more applicable to you than to the people you offend.

In short, why not try to help others instead of belittling them? You are the experienced one on this forum and have inherited deadly wisdom yourself: you should be trying to pass it onto others, not being rude to them.

Perhaps you should start following your own mantra, proudly displayed on your website, and "be of service to those in need" instead of being a troublemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Trickery View Post
    Wow. I've seen your posts and you're really quick to jump on the bandwagon to disparage others and try and belittle people's viewpoints. Just because you've accumulated a massive number of posts on this forum doesn't entitle you to randomly insult other members. Perhaps the favourite expression of yours, "mouthboxer", is more applicable to you than to the people you offend.

In short, why not try to help others instead of belittling them? You are the experienced one on this forum and have inherited deadly wisdom yourself: you should be trying to pass it onto others, not being rude to them.

Perhaps you should start following your own mantra, proudly displayed on your website, and "be of service to those in need" instead of being a troublemaker.
    I appreciate your perspective, but perhaps you haven't been here long enough to understand everything that is going on yet.

Think of it as you decided to hang out at a new pub where most of us know each other and have been hanging out together for years. Many of us have been around for 10 years or more.

Dale has reasons for his sharp attitude. Also most of us can spot an attention getting post, a marketing post, a naive post, a person who thinks he knows more than he does post, etc. It goes with hanging out at this pub for so long.

I am not being too critical of you myself because when I was new, some 12 years ago, I made the same mistake you appear to be making. I misunderstood that social atmosphere and thereby came to some incorrect conclusions. It merely comes from being too new and not knowing people or the environment yet.

Hang out awhile, watch participate and stay loose for a bit then you will understand things a bit more.

If/when Dale bites your head off for your comment, just stay cool! There are reasons for his short temper! Part of course is just his personality, but there are also objective reasons as well.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I appreciate your perspective, but perhaps you haven't been here long enough to understand everything that is going on yet.

Think of it as you decided to hang out at a new pub where most of us know each other and have been hanging out together for years. Many of us have been around for 10 years or more.

Dale has reasons for his sharp attitude. Also most of us can spot an attention getting post, a marketing post, a naive post, a person who thinks he knows more than he does post, etc. It goes with hanging out at this pub for so long.

I am not being too critical of you myself because when I was new, some 12 years ago, I made the same mistake you appear to be making. I misunderstood that social atmosphere and thereby came to some incorrect conclusions. It merely comes from being too new and not knowing people or the environment yet.

Hang out awhile, watch participate and stay loose for a bit then you will understand things a bit more.

If/when Dale bites your head off for your comment, just stay cool! There are reasons for his short temper! Part of course is just his personality, but there are also objective reasons as well.
    Noted.

Though I do still stand by my original point. I don't believe there's ever any reason to be impolite or disparaging to anyone, in any situation. This is something I feel is also inextricably linked with the honour system in the martial arts, and thus didn't expect to see it here. Especially from someone who clearly wishes to appear respectable (has a personal website in his signature, advertising himself). But there we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Trickery View Post
    Noted.

Though I do still stand by my original point. I don't believe there's ever any reason to be impolite or disparaging to anyone, in any situation. This is something I feel is also inextricably linked with the honour system in the martial arts, and thus didn't expect to see it here. Especially from someone who clearly wishes to appear respectable (has a personal website in his signature, advertising himself). But there we go.
    LOL, I appreciate your intentions. I used to feel that way too. However, some people can use a slap upside the head from time to time.

It will be interesting to see how well you adapt to this new environment, although it is much gentler around here than it used to be.

Some malcontents have been trying to civilized the place!

It's pretty telling how Dale is now too afraid to respond. I think it's about time he answers for his sins.

It's pretty telling how Dale is now too afraid to respond. I think it's about time he answers for his sins.
    You do know absolutely nobody here is afraid of you, right?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I tried to warn you! You do not know what you are talking about!

So, far you are coming off as a mouth boxer yourself!

Dale will welcome you to cross hands with him anytime you wish to visit him!

I wish I was a mouth boxer.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I wish I was a mouth boxer.
    For you it is a sweet science!