Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Journey - From Rags to Riches.

My Journey - From Rags to Riches.

Hi guys, people have been asking about my background, so here it is.

I started training in a fairly secretive style of Ninjitsu when I was about 10 years old, and after I reached the 3rd Dan in this ryuha, I decided to start training in Chinese styles. Thankfully, my master was also the inheritor of a family style from Northern China, so he taught it to me - I particularly excelled at Qing Gong, Dim Mak and Iron Shirt.

Combining the two styles I had mastered, I decided to test my skills for real. One day I saw a group of hoodlums shouting at a defenseless innocent passerby. Relying on deception methods I dispersed the group and took them out one-by-one. The trickery I'd learned through Ninjutsu allowed me to set up my Chinese strikes. After I'd destroyed all of them, I knew I was a true grandmaster.

If you have any questions, please feel free.

Before or after you watched the crane defeat the ape and escaped the burning Shaolin Temple?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_Man View Post
    Hi guys, people have been asking about my background, so here it is.

I started training in a fairly secretive style of Ninjitsu when I was about 10 years old, and after I reached the 3rd Dan in this ryuha, I decided to start training in Chinese styles. Thankfully, my master was also the inheritor of a family style from Northern China, so he taught it to me - I particularly excelled at Qing Gong, Dim Mak and Iron Shirt.

Combining the two styles I had mastered, I decided to test my skills for real. One day I saw a group of hoodlums shouting at a defenseless innocent passerby. Relying on deception methods I dispersed the group and took them out one-by-one. The trickery I'd learned through Ninjutsu allowed me to set up my Chinese strikes. After I'd destroyed all of them, I knew I was a true grandmaster.

If you have any questions, please feel free.
    ...would you mind elaborating on your style's origins? Was it really that effective in street fighting? Or was this the only time you've run into trouble?

:S

I think you might be confused Kellen... Feel free to ask me about my experiences though.

Thanks for your response Shadow. My Ninjutsu style traces back to the mountains of central Japan. My teacher has worked as a real life assassin before, so that proves his techniques are both real and deadly. As for me, that was my first run-in with ruffians, but I've been in quite a few rough situations.

One time someone challenged me to a fight. I defeated him but he then pulled a gun and tried to shoot me from me behind. I used the seven-star stepping method I'd learned from my teacher, got behind him and disarmed him. Tough times.
    Last edited by Warrior_Man; 11-23-2012 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Insufficient post

Whats the Chinese style called?

It is a secretive family style based on Emei Snake and Miao Quan.

Traditional Snake is pretty rare, I'd like to see some someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_Man View Post
    It is a secretive family style based on Emei Snake and Miao Quan.
    Had never heard of either of these styles but just looked them up and they seem to exist at least...

My teacher was taught these styles by a wandering monk known as Chin. One day Chin and my teacher sat down by a river. Chin said, "Look how the water flows freely". When my teacher looked up from the stream, Chin was gone, never to be seen again. I'll never forget this story - it emphasizes the speed and wisdom you can develop through training.

ugggh.

more silliness from mouthboxers.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

More jealousy from armchair nobodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    ugggh.

more silliness from mouthboxers.
    After seeing two or three of these threads pop up I think I'm starting to understand your pain Dale.

I've seen far better, and far more funny here...I give you a 3 out of 10 ninja stars. 2 for the attempt on the slow friday after a holiday and 1 as a default for showing up. Keep trying, you'll get funny eventually.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Cupcake mouthboxers who claim secret styles but if they tell you they have to kill you BS.....
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

This lower class of trolls and delusionals is quite bothersome
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !