Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: more on the state of kung fu in china

I'm stronger than your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaufist View Post
    I'm stronger than your mom.
    i also punch in horse stance every morning. you mad?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    you sound weak like woman.

i was saying learning cantonese is like learning ebonics. ebonics is an ancient dialect with roots to africa, but you cant use it to communicate with most americans.

guangdong has an african district called chocolate city, about 100 thousand west africans live there.
    Good looking, Weezy. I'mma look it up.

Hey, wait! Isn't that the place that had that huge scandal with all the drunk business executives and government officials going there to get their Chocolate fixes when their wives found out???
    Last edited by Faruq; 12-06-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Never heard that before. I'll have to look for some youtube videos showing that. Do they learn kung fu? And no ebonics unless there was a compelling reason to do so. That whole Black people and Chinese culture is still an enigma; no one's really explained what we have to do with Chinese culture.
    What we call racism in the USA is actually a very deeply embedded concept found throughout Chinese logic and folk religion, and forms a core of Chinese national identity. A cursory glance at how China used to conduct foreign relations before the Opium Wars will provide keen insight into this.

Many of my black friends who haven't traveled find it amazing that the world outside the US isn't some bastion of racial harmony.

By "training schools" I mean private English schools that teach professionals, students going to uni abroad, and bored housewives(). To most Chinese, it is inconceivable that a black person can speak English, and will be quick to correct you if you say you are meiguoren. You will be feizhouren. This is even in big cities. The country side is a bit more forgiving in my opinion, as anyone foreign will be met by looks of surprise and amazement.

Dealing with other foreigners, though, is really a funny thing. Gongfu attracts some crazy characters (just look at this forum). And the crazy get crazier in China. Many are looking for some kung fu fantasy were a wise master takes him in and trains them for years in the mountains. These guys have "sucker" written all over them, and suckers in China get eaten alive. The next problem is that if they ever do find their special kung fu master, they realize that real gongfu training is actually tedious, hard, and lacking booze and women. So they end up becoming slack offs and achieving nothing.
    Last edited by pazman; 12-06-2012 at 05:15 PM.

i also punch in horse stance every morning. you mad?
    My unicorn has a better accent.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    What we call racism in the USA is actually a very deeply embedded concept found throughout Chinese logic and folk religion, and forms a core of Chinese national identity. A cursory glance at how China used to conduct foreign relations before the Opium Wars will provide keen insight into this.

Many of my black friends who haven't traveled find it amazing that the world outside the US isn't some bastion of racial harmony.

By "training schools" I mean private English schools that teach professionals, students going to uni abroad, and bored housewives(). To most Chinese, it is inconceivable that a black person can speak English, and will be quick to correct you if you say you are meiguoren. You will be feiren. This is even in big cities. The country side is a bit more forgiving in my opinion, as anyone foreign will be met by looks of surprise and amazement.

Dealing with other foreigners, though, is really a funny thing. Gongfu attracts some crazy characters (just look at this forum). And the crazy get crazier in China. Many are looking for some kung fu fantasy were a wise master takes him in and trains them for years in the mountains. These guys have "sucker" written all over them, and suckers in China get eaten alive. The next problem is that if they ever do find their special kung fu master, they realize that real gongfu training is actually tedious, hard, and lacking booze and women. So they end up becoming slack offs and achieving nothing.
    That's deep, bro! That really explains a lot, and I appreciate it. Wow, I wish I had had money at some point (really any point) to travel abroad. I think it's important to see how the world outside the U.S. works (and that there is a world outside the U.S. that functions fine without having our enlightened culture and laws to guide them, lol), but with the resposibilities of the mortgage, work, etc. and no extra money to do so...well it's never gonna happen. Wow, this is the best explanation and breakdown I've seen of this. Thanks Pazman!

guangdong has an african district called chocolate city, about 100 thousand west africans live there.
    I googled it but can't find any info on it anywhere. Any links to read more about it?

What? More Unicorns?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaufist View Post
    My unicorn has a better accent.
    Unicorns are real!

In our next issue (Mar+Apr 2013), I am running an article on Chinese unicorns. Then you'll see. All of you. You'll see.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Total synchronicity.

I think not

I think it's a sign.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Whoa! CMA winning in the cage? That's bigger than unicorns.

... The next problem is that if they ever do find their special kung fu master, they realize that real gongfu training is actually tedious, hard, and lacking booze and women. ....
    Which China did you visit?

The one I live in is filled with 110 proof Chinese moonshine at lunchtime and Chinese college girls following me around like I was a movie star.

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish View Post
    Which China did you visit?

The one I live in is filled with 110 proof Chinese moonshine at lunchtime and Chinese college girls following me around like I was a movie star.
    You have found the correct gongfu.

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish View Post
    p.s.

I think you misunderstood.

When I say they all speak Mandarin, I did not mean to imply that they had switched. I meant just that most folks have learned it by now just like most folks in Germany or the Netherlands speak English. Of course it's not the language they prefer. I just mean that you can get by fine in Hong Kong nowadays with only Mandarin.
    No worries,

I did get you well in the first place, it's just that I do not share your same experience as to the quality or abilities in Mandarin of the HK people.
    Spoken out of personal experience with an average of 15 visits per year since 1997.

But again, it's wonderful how each person do perceive things and situations differently

It's all good

the difference, you see, is we never made "strange fruits", never had sex farms, never bred blacks like cattle and forced the most well endowed slave to rape the slavewomen, while castrating the other males.

most prejudiced chinese see blacks as ugly people. most prejudiced americans see blacks as subhuman animals. there is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    I googled it but can't find any info on it anywhere. Any links to read more about it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKLyZvyCbV4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YkYVduQFuc
    Last edited by bawang; 12-06-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC