Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: more on the state of kung fu in china

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    i make 10,000 a month working part time. 150 is nothing for a private lesson with a shaolin monk. you guys are jealous and ignorant nothing more, keep hating i like the attention.
    this is why you will never receive real kung fu.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

i am not asking for advice, i am trying to inform you about something you know nothing about. and even though you are clueless about it you still want to put your two cents in. that is the dictionary definition of foolishness. you guys have no idea about the economy or the state of kung fu here,in china,yet you want to give advice.

and as for real kung fu. it is statements like these that make 90% of the martial art community think kung fu is a complete joke. i like to see anyone go into a boxing gym,wrestling school,judo club or bbj school,and say you are not learning real boxing,or judo ect haha. I trained three years with the best shuai jiao coaches in the world with professional guys that live at the school and train 6 days a week and 4 hours a day. how is that for real kung fu haha.

I have a funny story about"real kung fu". back when i was in beijing training at the shuai jiao school there was a european guy that came to train a month there.i was the only foreign guy training at that school by the way and they knew by my chinese name only hu ke. so the first day i see him doing some laps,and i feel a little nervous cause i know they will match us up for a match at the end of class for their viewing amusement. so i ask him when i get a chance. have you done any shuai jiao or judo before. he answer no but[in a proud voice] i have do northern kung fu[don't remember the style] and we have throws in our style."real kung fu" . after i hear this i relax and aren't nervous about sparring him at the end of class anymore.

so the time comes and sure enough they match us up and sit around to watch and cheer. so he was about 4 inches taller then me and 5 or 6 years younger at least. well i threw him 4 times to o. by the way he didn't last 1 week at that school. guess it wasn't "real "enough for him.

Blog Entries
    I can quite understand your experience. When a praying mantis teacher in China asked me how long I could keep my students with only 3 praying mantis forms, I lose respect to that person right at that moment.

That's an interest story. When you throw someone to the east, he won't dare to fall to the west (only SC guys may understand this joke), you will smile in your dream for many nights.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-04-2012 at 01:37 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

@wiz cool c

What made me think you're only looking at commercial schools is that you said if there are "still traditional schools teaching applications in China then it's likely because they take foreign students coming from abroad to learn it and pay a lot for it".

This sort of comment sounds like its coming from someone who's experience is only with large commercial schools, or someone who just doesn't know how to look or connect with people in China. I've had plenty of experience with teachers here who have opened up about applications for little or even no fee to me.

Blog Entries
    Here is a question for wiz cool c, Have you seen or heard anybody train SC form like this in China?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAtrprsJdsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEocDhZ9x8I
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

haha i don't know about all that but here is my tacher and the school i trained at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYZ0T...7&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQcj...e-kEx1JXUs9TcA

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Here is a question for wiz cool c, Have you seen or heard anybody train SC form like this in China?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAtrprsJdsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEocDhZ9x8I
    Yes, I know these forms. They come from David Chang from Taiwan. They are called Jau Chuan (sorry for spelling) I don't have the characters.

ginosifu

YKW
    wowsy those are really bad LOL. are people actually training this way? pehaps I ned to get out more. My gosh thats horrible.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Wiz,

Have you checked out any of the schools in Foshan or Guangzhou? Do you go to Hong Kong and train often?

I am not understanding all of this logic. You trained Shuai Jiao with the best of the best kill or be killers in Beijing, but there is no kung fu in China? First few questions first please...
    Last edited by TAO YIN; 12-04-2012 at 12:13 PM.

i said this already

11-29-2012, 11:32 AM
    wiz cool c
    Registered User Join Date: Feb 2002

i am just saying in china they tend to do things one way and one way only ,and this is the state of kung fu. if there are other schools out there teaching traditional fighting still it is most likely cause they are teaching foreigners coming from abroad to learn and paying a lot for it. as i said before i have been living here for 6 years ,i have seen a lot of teachers. some do a little application occasionally.most do none. and very few if any do any sparring.[not including sanda or shuai jiao]

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    i said this already

11-29-2012, 11:32 AM
    wiz cool c
    Registered User Join Date: Feb 2002

i am just saying in china they tend to do things one way and one way only ,and this is the state of kung fu. if there are other schools out there teaching traditional fighting still it is most likely cause they are teaching foreigners coming from abroad to learn and paying a lot for it. as i said before i have been living here for 6 years ,i have seen a lot of teachers. some do a little application occasionally.most do none. and very few if any do any sparring.[not including sanda or shuai jiao]
    And my response to that was:

"This sort of comment sounds like its coming from someone who's experience is only with large commercial schools, or someone who just doesn't know how to look or connect with people in China. I've had plenty of experience with teachers here who have opened up about applications for little or even no fee to me."

It sounds to me like you don't know how to get around and find things in China or have a problem connecting with people. It's easy to at least avoid the type of thing you seem to keep running into. But you then overgeneralize "the state of kung fu" based on your own mistakes.

i was answering ta yin not you

You actually haven't answered his question at all, and you're ignoring others' observations. I think you just feel bad about your experience and want to troll on "the state of kung fu in China" and ignore any observation that might counter your experience and any suggestion that might lead you somewhere to learn what you're saying is not here.

But you're happy paying extra to learn what you should be learning in class anyway from someone who probably made up his own hypothetical apps just like you could. I don't know what you're on about with these threads, but it's the fruit of your own mistakes and voluntary ignorance, not "the state of kung fu in China".

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    You actually haven't answered his question at all, and you're ignoring others' observations. I think you just feel bad about your experience and want to troll on "the state of kung fu in China" and ignore any observation that might counter your experience and any suggestion that might lead you somewhere to learn what you're saying is not here.

But you're happy paying extra to learn what you should be learning in class anyway from someone who probably made up his own hypothetical apps just like you could. I don't know what you're on about with these threads, but it's the fruit of your own mistakes and voluntary ignorance, not "the state of kung fu in China".
    You're onto it.

ok you guys just keep living in you kung movie fantasy world, just telling you how it is in the real world here in china, from a guy who has been living here almost 7 years.