Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: more on the state of kung fu in china

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Cool videos.

Your history is off, though.

China engaged in all sorts of slavery, castration, comfort women, etc.. The difference is that Americans claim that the USA is "land of the free"...the standard is set higher when they say that ****.
    we didnt sail across the ocean to catch other people to be slaves. systematically, methodically, destroying their culture, history, language, and knowledge of self. not only seeing them as animals, but also teaching them so they themselves believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Wow, a brother can't date Cantonese women in China nowadays? Wooooow. It's like that for a brotha still? Wow. Pazman, real talk-you've really enlightened me this week. But its okay for a White guy to date them? I'm speechless. Even in the countryside?....
    he doesnt know what hes talking about. guangdong people are the most open and accepting of black people, because they meet real black people.

of course if you go to a remote village and try to deflower virgins it will be different. i am assuming you dont have mental retardation.

china is not a paradise, but it doesnt have centuries of racial hierarchy. people are ignorant, but theres no hidden subconscious master-slave dynamics going on.

The difference is that Americans claim that the USA is "land of the free"...the standard is set higher when they say that ****.
    jordan davis got shot just 2 weeks ago. before that trayvon martin. aiyana jones.
    Last edited by bawang; 12-07-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Surely you know why there are fewer women than men, right?
    Yes, but that is irrelevant to the conversation. What is, simply is regardless of why it is.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    we never rounded up little boys on a farm and raped them...
    Hey man, where did that happen?? That wasn't in Roots, bro!
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Hey man, where did that happen?? That wasn't in Roots, bro!
    in some historical documents about catching slaves.

my point is you are black man in america, and pazman is trying to warn you about the dangers of racism. thats pretty sad.

we didnt sail across the ocean to catch other people to be slaves.
    You are right. China was never a maritime power. They either captured or bought slaves from neighboring countries or demanded them from countries as tribute.

its different when desperate chinese parents sell their daughter out of poverty. its another thing to gather entire villages of people, chain them up, and pack them like sardines, row upon row.

systematically, methodically, destroying their culture, history, language, and knowledge of self. not only seeing them as animals, but also teaching them so they themselves believe it.

and NO, chinese never rounded up little boys in a farm and rape them. then when they hit puberty castrate the ones with smaller penuse, and force the larger ones to rape their own women, because larger genitals indicate higher fertility and healthier offpsring in cattle raising. this has never been done before in the history of humankind.
    Actually, the Chinese military did castrate the boys of defeated minorities and dispersed the people of defeated nations. Don't get your jimmies in a rustle, though, it was pretty common in the ancient times in the West, too. Slave breeding happened back in ancient times as well.

Bawang, this seems like a sensitive topic for you. What does this have to do with racism in China these days?

in some historical documents about catching slaves.

my point is you are black man in america, and pazman is trying to warn you about the dangers of racism. thats pretty sad.
    Yeah, pretty ironic. Hunh, Weezy? lol But Pazman did put it all back into proper perspective in his last message though...
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Bawang, this seems like a sensitive topic for you. What does this have to do with racism in China these days?
    im not sensitive to it. im just giving you graphic reminders of your own past when you call other countries racist when its over the top and totally uncalled for. im educating you.

Yeah, pretty ironic. Hunh, Weezy? lol But Pazman did put it all back into proper perspective in his last message though...
    no man. hes making things up and distorting things to downplay the topic of racism. the "they did it too" argument.

ming dynasty castrated 300 sons of mongol officers and sent them to the palace to be eunuchs. hes comparing that to americans enslaving millions of africans for 400 years.

tang emperor asked korea for some concubines and corrupt officials in korea kidnapped some village women and caused controversy in the palace. hes comparing that to systematic raping of black women during slavery.
    Last edited by bawang; 12-07-2012 at 07:40 PM.

im not sensitive to it. im just giving you graphic reminders of your own past when you call other countries racist.
    Well, not my past, but feel free to keep generalizing.

You are deflecting, btw.

no man. hes making things up and distorting things to downplay the topic of racism. ming dynasty castrated 300 sons of mongol officers and sent them to the palace to be eunuchs. hes comparing that to americans enslaving millions of africans for 400 years.
    He asked if Chocolate People were welcomed in China. I told him there was racism, and that there might be problems with getting hired. That's just being honest. That's not a grudge against China. It used to be that way, too, when I lived in Japan, but the situation is much different now. I am also completely willing to admit that my perception is clouded by living in Wuhan.

I in no way compared an incident of 1600 child sons of Miao rebels being castrated to American slavery. YOU said it didn't exist in China. Racism in China has exactly nothing to do with slavery anywhere.

I in no way compared an incident of 1600 child sons of Miao rebels being castrated to American slavery. YOU said it didn't exist in China. Racism in China has exactly nothing to do with slavery anywhere.
    i said cattle style breeding of slaves where castration is an important part of regulation was not practiced anywhere else in the entire world.

He asked if Chocolate People were welcomed in China. I told him there was racism, and that there might be problems with getting hired. That's just being honest. That's not a grudge against China. It used to be that way, too, when I lived in Japan, but the situation is much different now. I am also completely willing to admit that my perception is clouded by living in Wuhan.
    being prejudiced is different from systematic oppression. this is hard for you to understand.

when i was a boy, kids would try to drown me for fun. thats worlds apart from ignorant chinese not hiring black english teachers because they thought america only has white people.

i said cattle style breeding of slaves where castration is an important part of regulation was not practiced anywhere else in the entire world.
    Not at the time, you are correct. I don't see how this relates to racism in China, though.

Not at the time, you are correct. I don't see how this relates to racism in China, though.
    because racism is institutionalized systematic oppression of an entire people.

Blog Entries
    Sometime people treat you bad because you are different. Sometime people treat you good also because you are different. It depends on whether you can use it toward your advantage or not.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

because racism is institutionalized systematic oppression of an entire people.
    How can you claim people of color cannot be racist? There are countless examples of systematic oppression by people of color. Also, color has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of examples of people of the same color oppressing, enslaving or committing genocide on peoples of another tribe, culture, village, race or whatever...even though they look the same.

The Africans rounded up other African tribes to sell them to the Americas. There's been a whole lot of messed up crap all over the world...it's not just white and black. Does it really matter which race did the most despicable thing out of all the horrible things that have been done?

I see you retracted that..fair enough...

yeah man, i want to keep it semi serious.

im saying prejudice a black man faces in china is basically nothing, because it doesnt bring up memories of hurt and humiliation and domination to your entire people. you need to understand a racist act is symbolic.

whereas any kind of prejudice is very serious to white ex pats, because most of them never experienced it in america or europe. even the smallest act can be shocking. and most of them take it way out of proportion.

pazman was saying on page 9 american racism is the same as chinese prejudice. thats just rediculous. we are nowhere on the same level as america. also its disrespectful to warn a black man about racism when he lives in racism.
    Last edited by bawang; 12-07-2012 at 08:27 PM.