Thread: Starting P90x

Hybrid View

Starting P90x

I tried this once a couple years back. But, it wasn't really my thing. I was more into lifting weights.

Now, though, I don't have the time with my new job to make it to the gym. Gonna give this a go and see how it works.

My new job is very physical so i've lost over 30 pounds just from the work. Down to 192 pounds. Really wanting a good way to stay in shape.

Anyone else done this?
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

r u trying to lose weight

p90 is for losing weight

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Not trying to lose weight, but it is unavoidable in my job.

The first 4 to 5 hours of my job is the equivalent to dragging a sled at the gym. I unload full tractor trailers of milk, tea etc by hand. Only get one break per shift to eat. Each shift is 8-15 hours depending on the holidays and such.

At this point i'm just looking for something to keep my balanced physically. I've been doing pushups and other bodyweight at home just to stay in decent shape. Decided I might as well do the P90x program since we have it.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

why dont u buy some dumbells or kettlebells? then you can work out at home.
    Last edited by bawang; 11-28-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Because I don't want to spend the money.

r u poar

kjkjh

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Because I don't want to spend the money.
    Then use something else. Find a rock, throw in a few doubled up pillowcases. Whateversclever. There really is NO excuse. You can always find something heavy to use. Improvise man! Get elastics, they are only like 2 bucks each.

Don't tell me you have nothing heavy at your disposal. Got kids? Throw them around.
    Last edited by Syn7; 11-30-2012 at 04:45 PM.