Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting P90x

Starting P90x

I tried this once a couple years back. But, it wasn't really my thing. I was more into lifting weights.

Now, though, I don't have the time with my new job to make it to the gym. Gonna give this a go and see how it works.

My new job is very physical so i've lost over 30 pounds just from the work. Down to 192 pounds. Really wanting a good way to stay in shape.

Anyone else done this?
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

r u trying to lose weight

p90 is for losing weight

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Not trying to lose weight, but it is unavoidable in my job.

The first 4 to 5 hours of my job is the equivalent to dragging a sled at the gym. I unload full tractor trailers of milk, tea etc by hand. Only get one break per shift to eat. Each shift is 8-15 hours depending on the holidays and such.

At this point i'm just looking for something to keep my balanced physically. I've been doing pushups and other bodyweight at home just to stay in decent shape. Decided I might as well do the P90x program since we have it.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

why dont u buy some dumbells or kettlebells? then you can work out at home.
    Last edited by bawang; 11-28-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Because I don't want to spend the money.

r u poar

kjkjh

Lol I am at the moment. Saving up for my daughter's dance lessons

Hey James, I've done the P90x system with my wife.
    It's great and will get you in shape.

But there is a caveat, you have to follow the layout of the course to get the desired results.

there are three tracks in the book one to burn fat, one to build muscle and one to balance those out.

there is dietary book that goes with it. It is super important to the success as well.
    It does take the guess work out of what to eat and clearly lays out diets to help you achieve what you want.

the only issue I have with things like p90x is they are short term ramp up fixes that without maintenance programs to follow up with deterioration to gains starts happening within a couple of weeks after finishing the program.

p90x is 1 hour a day, every day of basically what amounts to HIIT (high intensity interval training). one and a half hours for yoga in that program.

It takes dedication like anything else. It does work, I would only be concerned about follow up maintenance which is not provided in these programs.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Lol I am at the moment. Saving up for my daughter's dance lessons
    do you have sacks

my landlord has giant sacks of salt and fertilizer, sometimes i lift them or walk with them.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    do you have sacks

my landlord has giant sacks of salt and fertilizer, sometimes i lift them or walk with them.
    Nope. I don't even have my heavy bag anymore.

dang man that sux

deadlift ur truck

When I was in high school and buddy of mine and I worked at a bakery. We used to see how many 50# boxes of margarine we could carry around the bakery table. 5 boxes was our limit, 250#, walking about 20 feet in a circle. It was our hands that were the limiting factor,
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 11-29-2012 at 04:21 PM.

I'm looking to test my hand at suspension training over the next couple of weeks.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Ronin's first attempt!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I'm looking to test my hand at suspension training over the next couple of weeks.

That was YOU with the camera ?!?!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !