Thread: In China, Women Train to Become Bodyguards for Billionaires

In China, Women Train to Become Bodyguards for Billionaires

In China, it's now young women who are training to be the "must have" mercenaries - or bodyguards - to the country's wealthiest.

There are now at least 300 billionaires and almost 1 million millionaires in China. For many of them, having women serve as their private protection - not men - is the ultimate status symbol.

http://news.yahoo.com/china-women-tr...opstories.html
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

I caught the tail end of this while channel surfing last night

You can see the whole Nightline episode where Gloria Riviera tries Chen Yougqing's program here.

Nightline 11/28: Record $579M Powerball Jackpot Drawn: Is There a Winner?
    17:08 | Aired on 11/28/12
    Powerball Jackpot Up to $579 Million, Brad Pitt, Female Bodyguards

Unfortunately, it's towards the end and you can't skip past the ads.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    You can see the whole Nightline episode where Gloria Riviera tries Chen Yougqing's program here.

Nightline 11/28: Record $579M Powerball Jackpot Drawn: Is There a Winner?
    17:08 | Aired on 11/28/12
    Powerball Jackpot Up to $579 Million, Brad Pitt, Female Bodyguards

Unfortunately, it's towards the end and you can't skip past the ads.
    Thank you Gene!
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

i will only hire them if i can do the romance with them in the rain after a big shootout wit evil thugs.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Despite the physical risk, women from across China want in. Wang Yalan is one of them. At 24 years old, she dropped out of medical school to come to Genghis.

"I feel like it is my true calling," she said. "It has more of a sense of justice."
    well, wang yalang will certainly need her martial skills when her parents find out and decide to kick her azz

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i will only hire them if i can do the romance with them in the rain after a big shootout wit evil thugs.
    Here you go.

She like guns, and looks good in leather.

ttt 4 2016!

In China, Female Bodyguards Are Considered So Important, Almost Sacred

In the United States, and most other Western Countries we are used to seeing big, tall, and muscular men as Bodyguards. But, in China it’s the complete opposite. The most popular kinds of bodyguards in China not only are female, but they are tall, skinny, beautiful, model-like females. But, boy they can kick butt! They are placed through the most intensive kinds of training, challenging both their minds, bodies, and souls. The reason female bodyguards are considered so valuable is because they work so well as undercover bodyguards. No one expects beautiful women to be strong as hell, and be able to out-do any size/type bad guy. When hired, they are hired to work under a secretary or personal assistant disguise. Little do these bad guys know that under the pretty clothes, is a total badass super hero!

All of the women in the program are put through rigorous self defense training.

They learn a multitude of grappling techniques, such as the Americana….

…triangle choke…

…armbar…

While the martial arts training can be fun, it’s also very intense.

…and rear naked choke.

The trainees always end their session exhausted, but invigorated.

Compared to the rest of their training, though, being choked out and punched is a walk in the park.

They are pushed to their limit both mentally and physically.

Even for the many women who are retired soldiers and athletes, the training activities are a huge challenge.

continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

continued from previous

However, you can become a female bodyguard regardless of your background, so long as you meet the physical requirements.

While some schools are strictly female, many others are mixed-gender… but the women keep right up with their male counterparts

In addition to being tough as nails, many of the woman who are ultimately hired as bodyguards are also tall and attractive.

No one would ever expect a pretty young woman to be able to kick their butt, but that’s exactly why these women are so in-demand

This is largely due to the fact that many female guards are ordered to disguise themselves as secretaries and personal assistant

The bodyguards are mainly hired by wealthy business executives, many of whom are women themselves.

Even if they themselves are not armed, the women know how to disarm an attacker wielding a knife or a gun.

No matter what situation they’re put in, they are trained to know exactly how to get themselves out.

Their training program isn’t the most rigorous in the world, but it’s based off of many programs from around the world.

It doesn’t matter who they’re up against— when you’re a bodyguard, you need to know how to overcome someone no matter how big

continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

continued from previous

Really, most people I know (male or female) would not be able to hold up to what they do.

While the beach may be a place for many people to relax, that’s certainly not the case here.

They need to know how to deal with all types of terrain and natural elements.

After all, there’s no guarantee when or where your client might be attacked.

Each training location comes with new challenges that must be overcome to graduate from the school.

They are shown no mercy.

They are not treated like ladies, but like warriors.

And just like warriors, they endure every test and hardship with strength and perseverance.

They know that the pain is only temporary…

…but that the honor of being chosen to protect someone’s life lasts forever.

Share, and show your friends with who NOT to mess with!
    That was a lot of cut&pasting, but worth it, yes?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    That was a lot of cut&pasting, but worth it, yes?
    Name:  JU9Foey.jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  63.6 KB

They would look good in a K-Pop music video

From last year...

...but still relevant here. This is the article that accompanies -N-'s post above.

Meet the Women Who Guard China’s Millionaires
    By Joshua Frank January 12, 2015

Li Wenjing, a 24-year-old full-time bodyguard, demonstrates wushu (Chinese martial arts) at a five-star resort run by her employer on the outskirts of Beijing. All photos by the author

Wearing a form-fitting black leather jacket with studded shoulders, leather pants, and two-inch-high platform boots, Li Wenjing looked more like a B-movie assassin than an undercover bodyguard. The 24-year-old former kickboxing champion was patrolling her home base, a five-star resort run by her employer in the eastern suburbs of Beijing. As I approached her, bathrobe-clad patrons shuffled from their rooms to the sauna, and a muzak rendition of Simon & Garfunkel's "Sounds of Silence" echoed on loop through the marble lobby.
    "When I'm with my client at home, I can dress a little more casual," she remarked of her cyberpunk get-up, her hair pulled into a high ponytail. "Out at galas or other functions, I dress more feminine. I present myself as a secretary so no one realizes I'm a bodyguard."
    After I met Li I found myself looking through photos of the all-female Amazonian Guards of flamboyant Libyan despot Muammar Gaddafi. The group served as the late leader's protectors as well as his captive harem and garnered attention worldwide. In China today, newspaper spreads and click-bait blog posts featuring images of bikini-clad local bodyguards-in-training have caused a similar reaction.
    But it isn't the sex factor that's made female bodyguards so popular. With more than 2 million millionaires in China—the second-highest concentration of millionaires behind the US—new-moneyed entrepreneurs, actors, and other members of the elite have begun to seek out private bodyguard services since private security firms became legalized in 2010. Valued as secret weapons, female bodyguards are regarded as innocuous protectors who can disguise themselves as assistants or dance partners. Even more so, wealthy female clients prize these defenders for their ability to keep close by at all hours of the day without provoking salacious rumors.
    Ms. Guo, who hosts an antique-collecting show on China Central Television, shares this sentiment. She employs bodyguards from Yunhai Elite Security, a training center in Beijing, on a part-time basis. "A bodyguard is indispensable—even more so than a makeup artist or assistant," she said. In the condo complex where Guo lives in Beijing's northern suburbs, vacant storefronts still await occupants, but the mock-up signage for a "Jamay Choo" footwear boutique and "Y-Eleven" convenience store attest to the property developer's Westernized aspirations. "This is the best time in China's history, but it's also the worst time," Guo told me. "I want to believe that every person is beautiful and good, but I'm not that naive."
    In response to the rising demand, a young crop of female bodyguards, many barely out of college, have flocked to training schools like Yunhai to perfect their fighting skills and etiquette. They're enticed by high salaries and the opportunity to establish a future removed from the instability of martial arts competitions and the tedium of underpaid office work.
    Li, the bodyguard, first came to Yunhai in 2010 as a veteran martial arts competitor looking for a way to put her college-level fight training to use. "I wanted to achieve my full potential," she told me. "If I were just a regular white-collar worker, I'd have no platform for that. And the money turned out to be good." After completing her training, Li started working for Yunhai, which also serves as a private security firm catering to wealthy Chinese and visiting dignitaries. Today, she makes about 40,000 yuan ($6,500) a month, an enviable wage roughly ten times the average monthly urban salary in China.

Ma Zeng, a student at Yunhai Elite Security, practices disarming a would-be attacker.

The Yunhai training school is a small compound not far from the Beijing airport. When I visited, I was greeted by Xin Yang, the school's president and a former Chinese military martial arts instructor, who'd agreed to give me a tour. With 20-odd fresh-faced students, three of them girls, living in dorms on site, it reminded me of a high school retreat. The padded training area was flanked by computer-generated images of G.I. Joe characters and buxom video-game heroines. Stacks of Chinese cabbage were drying outside in the cold air, to be turned into traditional northeastern-style pickles served as a condiment at mealtime.
    Students at Yunhai apply to the school and must be selected to join the bodyguard program. They're responsible for paying for room and board, but the instruction comes for free. Regular training consists of an early-morning three-mile run followed by punching drills, kickboxing, and wushu sparring. In the afternoon, trainees practice drills such as how to safely lead a client into and out of a car.
    The group goes through instruction together, though there's a wide range of skill levels. For this reason, the duration of the training program varies from student to student. Many have only recently arrived at Yunhai and will continue practicing for one year.
    On the day that I visited Yunhai, trainees were being taught how to subdue and immobilize attackers armed with everything from prop daggers to AK-47 assault rifles. An instructor, Lu Qingxin, demonstrated the necessary technique to take control of a cleaver-wielding aggressor and force him to slit his own throat.
    Later, the sparring area partially cleared of mats, I watched two of the school's female trainees teeter in three-inch heels as Ding Jia, an etiquette teacher, instructed them in how to maintain a poised, upright posture. "Learning to walk like this is a necessary part of the job," reasoned Ma Zeng, a 20-year-old, rail-thin, rosy-cheeked trainee who used to work in a textile factory. "It's about showing basic respect to the client."
    Violent crime is comparatively rare in China, in part because access to guns is so difficult. "In Chinese law, no person is allowed to carry weapons, especially not bodyguards," Xin told me. "Without weapons, you need to have good kung fu, observational skills, defense techniques, and fast reaction times in the face of danger."
    But some Yunhai bodyguards do carry one weapon, a "self-defense pen" designed by Xin himself. Made out of black aluminum with a sculpted point at one end, the tool is a glorified shank and looks like it could easily puncture vital organs. "It's also a massager!" Xin enthused, prodding the end of the pen into a stress-release pressure point on my hand to demonstrate.
    As training continued, I watched Ma practice unrelenting punches on a male teammate, releasing a terse shout with each blow as her adversary struggled to keep his padded hands up. The days are long, the training exhausting, and I asked Ma why anyone would choose this as a career. "I feel very proud when I can protect my client and make her feel safe, because it's a demonstration of my abilities," she told me. "It means my sweat, my effort, was not in vain."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Shu Xin

She looks a little like Shu Qi. Ironic given this.

'She's absolutely gorgeous!' Chinese soldier is hailed as the 'prettiest bodyguard' after being spotted working at G20 summit

The female bodyguard at this year's G20 summit has been popular online
    She has since been dubbed 'prettiest bodyguard' on social media
    Shu Xin works as a soldier for the People's Liberation Army
    She has also been included in a top 10 ranking of most beautiful soldiers

By SOPHIE WILLIAMS FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 06:50 EST, 7 September 2016 | UPDATED: 07:30 EST, 7 September 2016

A soldier working during the G20 summit in China has been hailed as the 'prettiest bodyguard' on China's social media sites.

As the world leaders met to discuss important issues in Hangzhou, China's social media was more focused on a bodyguard that had caught a lot of people's attention.

The woman has been identified as Shu Xin from southern China's Guiyang city, reports the People's Daily Online.

Stunning: Shu Xin is a soldier in the People's Liberation Army and is said to be in her 20s

'Gorgeous': Shu Xin has been labelled the 'prettiest bodygurard' on China's social media. She was allegedly guarding the car used by Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi in the picture

Internet users have identified the woman in the pictures as a female soldier from the People's Liberation Army.

She is reported to be born in the 90s but no other information has been revealed.

Shu shot to fame after a picture of her working at the summit was released by Xinahua News Agency in an article called 'Who is the most powerful bodyguard for leaders at G20'.

In the picture, Shu was allegedly guarding outside the car used by Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi.

In 2013, she was named one of the 10 most beautiful People's Liberation Army soldiers.

Chinese media says that she loves to sing and dance in her spare time and once won second prize in the Yancheng singing contest.

Beauty: In 2013, Shu was also named the 'most beautiful' People's Liberation Army soldier

People have been discussing the woman's looks on China's social media site Weibo

People have been discussing the woman's looks on China's social media site Weibo.

One user wrote: 'She's absolutely gorgeous! She looks great even without makeup.'

While another commented: 'Marry her. She will make sure you get home safely at night.'

And one user said: 'Can she fight? Guess she is there just to maintain order.'

Gorgeous: Shu Xin was working as a bodyguard at the G20 summit when she was spotted

It was revealed in Chinese media that she enjoys singing and came second in a contest
    Here's an Asian Crush facebook vid (soilders...srsly?)
    https://www.facebook.com/asiancrush....4995318190000/
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I could use 2 or 3 of them.

Slightly OT

I dunno, man. She looks kinda skinny. I think I could take her.

This swimsuit model-slash-security guard could kick your ass
    By Christian Gollayan November 5, 2017 | 8:11am

Brian Zak | Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for SWIMMIAMI

Growing up in Cincinnati, Iyonna Fairbanks knew she wanted to pose in front of the camera from a young age. She looked up to ’90s supermodels like Naomi Campbell and Cindy Crawford.

“I love [modeling], and I’m so passionate about it,” Fairbanks, 25, tells The Post.

Now she’s one step closer to her dream, after being named an open-casting-call finalist for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. But her life hasn’t always been so glamorous — she still has a 9-to-5 job as a security guard at a chemical plant in her hometown.

“It’s so weird because at my job, people aren’t into this type of stuff — they don’t really treat me any different at work,” Fairbanks says.

But now, Fairbanks, who’s also a red belt in tae kwon do, is ready to take on the modeling world on her own terms.

“I’ve submitted a few times for other modeling contests, but it seemed like they’re out of my league,” she says. “With more mainstream modeling — they like petite, tall and skinny with long hair — and that’s not me . . . [Sports Illustrated] is embracing diversity like no other, and I want to be a part of it.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips