Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Style vs Crane Style - a true story

Eagle Style vs Crane Style - a true story

Because this got deleted IMMEDIATELY and for no reason, I would like to share it again. This is not an ancient fable, but rather a real event of something that happened to my master.

One day, my master was training in the Eagle Style - particularly working on our family Ditang Quan. A rival from the Zonge Quan school came over with a band of ruffians with ever intention of disturbing my master's practice, and brandished a flashy document to show how qualified he was. "Eagle boy, show us what you've got!" My master continued his form without listening. "Oi, buffoon, you're rubbish compared to us". Again, my master with his characteristic calm went on with his practice. This annoyed the leader of the pack, who jumped forward and threw a crane palm towards my master's face.

Manipulating his wrist to expose a gap, my master threw a strike to the heart meridian under the armpit before smashing him into the others. As it happened, he was simply following the form!

The hoodlums bowed down, humbled by the experience, and begged for forgiveness. My master simply replied, "No need to beg, you have learned that many documents aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Be humble and train hard my brethren"

really? This is what you bring? Don't YOU ever get tired of spending your time writing horribly written, horribly thought out, horrible stories? We all know this is utter b.s.

Just stop, you aren't even partially decent. You are wholly pathetic....

Quit making up crap stories and flooding the wrong section with false, bad, tales that no one likes.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

"Hoodlums"? seriously?
    "Ruffians"?
    This is time for a Jim Kelly moment:
    "You're right out of a comic book".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

More masturbatory fantasy from Warrior Man.

That rush you felt when you clicked "submit" does not excuse the fact that you're basically jizzing in public.
    傻瓜

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_Man View Post
    Because this got deleted IMMEDIATELY and for no reason, I would like to share it again. This is not an ancient fable, but rather a real event of something that happened to my master.

One day, my master was training in the Eagle Style - particularly working on our family Ditang Quan. A rival from the Zonge Quan school came over with a band of ruffians with ever intention of disturbing my master's practice, and brandished a flashy document to show how qualified he was. "Eagle boy, show us what you've got!" My master continued his form without listening. "Oi, buffoon, you're rubbish compared to us". Again, my master with his characteristic calm went on with his practice. This annoyed the leader of the pack, who jumped forward and threw a crane palm towards my master's face.

Manipulating his wrist to expose a gap, my master threw a strike to the heart meridian under the armpit before smashing him into the others. As it happened, he was simply following the form!

The hoodlums bowed down, humbled by the experience, and begged for forgiveness. My master simply replied, "No need to beg, you have learned that many documents aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Be humble and train hard my brethren"
    Putting the obvious question of legitimacy aside, this is actually fairly interesting.

Blog Entries
    Sometime when someone starts a thread. I don't know that thread is "for discussion" or is just for "I say and you listen".

A: This is how I do ...
    B: I prefer to do this way ...
    A: I'm not asking your opinion. If you shut up, I won't assume you are mute.
    B: ...
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-03-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Trickery View Post
    Putting the obvious question of legitimacy aside, this is actually fairly interesting.
    No, it is not. Stop talking to your self.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    The animal style seems to get puopular in BJJ.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: The Animals Drill - YouTube
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The animal style seems to get puopular in BJJ.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: The Animals Drill - YouTube

Those are good conditioning.

He puts them together at the end. You realise somehow this sequence will get passed down and in 1000 years only that sequence will be left and people will think thats what BJJ was. And there will be a forum arguing the benefits of practicing the animals over actual grappling. And people will be really annoyed if anyone does the scorpion walk even slightly differently.

Of matters "Crane"

Warrior Man,

A couple of simple easy to answer questions:

1/. Waht in the Blue Hell is "Zonge Quan"
    2/. please describe the "Crane Palm" Was it related to Zhao yang?

3/. This is the big one .............. Exactly who in the Blue Hell is you Master??? What is his name, where does he live and what is his style or styles?

None of these should be terribly hard for you to answer simply, clearly and directly so please don't write copious amounts back-peddling ... just answer these 3 very easy and very simply questions. Thank you!

I await your clear and concise answers

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

a foolish dog bark at a flying bird

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Seriously?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene, No not seriously. Just having a little fun like the others on this forum so why single me out when so many others are saying similar things if not worse??? No offence meant ... just some fun is all.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Warrior Man,

A couple of simple easy to answer questions:

1/. Waht in the Blue Hell is "Zonge Quan"
    2/. please describe the "Crane Palm" Was it related to Zhao yang?

3/. This is the big one .............. Exactly who in the Blue Hell is you Master??? What is his name, where does he live and what is his style or styles?

None of these should be terribly hard for you to answer simply, clearly and directly so please don't write copious amounts back-peddling ... just answer these 3 very easy and very simply questions. Thank you!

1. Zhonge Quan is Jumping Crane style.
    2. The Crane Palm is a strike from the aforementioned style.
    3. I've mentioned this on the other thread. He's called Master Li, lives in China and is skilled in a number of styles.

Sorted.

Warrior_Man Wrote: Today 10:24 AM

1. Zhonge Quan is Jumping Crane style.
    2. The Crane Palm is a strike from the aforementioned style.
    3. I've mentioned this on the other thread. He's called Master Li, lives in China and is skilled in a number of styles.

Sorted.
    "Sorted" ... Well actually no.

1/. There is no such style as "Zhonge Quan" in relation to White Crane as far as I am aware ... for someone who strongly claims to be a Chinese speaker the above mistake should be glaringly, no, resoundingly obvious. "Zhonge" ... Can you please share the hanzi for this???

縱鶴拳 Zhong hè quán = Shaking Crane or Vertical Crane Fist.

2/. Their are a great many "palms" in traditional White Crane as an art. Which are you referring to here?

3/. Master "Li" who ... his full name, Where in China and what is his main style (s)???

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

"Sorted" ... Well actually no.

1/. There is no such style as "Zhonge Quan" in relation to White Crane as far as I am aware ... for someone who strongly claims to be a Chinese speaker the above mistake should be glaringly, no, resoundingly obvious. "Zhonge" ... Can you please share the hanzi for this???

縱鶴拳 Zhong hè quán = Shaking Crane or Vertical Crane Fist.

2/. Their are a great many "palms" in traditional White Crane as an art. Which are you referring to here?

3/. Master "Li" who ... his full name, Where in China and what is his main style (s)???
    1. http://www.shaolinwolf.com/maguideindex/crane.htm it appears you are wrong

2. Why are you interested in specifically which type of palm strike was used? It was a person who trained in a crane style and attacked with his palm - is that really so hard to understand?

3. I will ask Master Li if he wishes for his personal information to be leaked to strangers on this forum.