Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: A Question for Warrior Man???

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    When a new troll appears, they usually seem to come on twos. One who's the 'alpha' troll, and a nut rider who supports and tries to validate him or her. Either that or it's one person all along. But they join at the same time.
    That actually happened here when some of the goofballs at trollshido decided they knew better and would come over here with a crap story and try to spread it in an effort to generate traffic at their site which was dropping because....well, they don't have quality product in many respects.

silly kids with overinflated egos.

I'm all for a good joke troll, really I am. But that's usually a one off, get a laugh and move on. the consistent bone headed trolling as displayed by Warrior_man and his ilk is unproductive.

The troll defender up there is quite possibly and likely the same dang person. the very fact they are doing exactly what Scott is describing makes it a little clearer.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

In a few hours, I'll bear witness to this...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    The only thing better is 3D HD at 48fps!!
    I'll see if this is true tonight and let you know tomorrow.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    Would an honest LARPer be okay? Like say, the secretary of the North American LARP Association comes in and is like, hi guys I like to LARP so I'm interested in martial arts training in order to be able LARP better. Just forms and show routines. And so he asks questions related to his interests.

I bet even that would go over at least ok. Of course if someone actually wrote that it would probably sound like some kind of troll.
    I can see why many would think it's a joke, but if they were honest and realistic about it, sure, why not?

Blog Entries
    If you go to a

- Judo forum and suggest that they should train no-gi throw.
    - Taiji forum and suggest that TCMA is more than just health, self-cultivation, and inner peace.
    - "Internal" form and suggest that they should do partner training and sparring.
    - MMA forum and suggest that MA is more than just fighting.

you may just be treated as "troll" by default. How much freedom of speech that we have in online discussion is not very clear sometime.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-10-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    If you go to a

- Judo forum and suggest that they should train no-gi throw.
    - Taiji forum and suggest that TCMA is more than just health, sel-cultivation, and inner peace.
    - "Internal" form and suggest that they should do partner training and sparring.
    - MMA forum and suggest that MA is more than just fighting.

you may just be treated as "troll" by default. How much freedom of speech that we have in online discussion is not very clear sometime.
    You have unfettered, unrestricted freedom of speech.

If, of course, you have your own ISP and your own message board.

I'm not sure if you get this yet, but you are on a privately owned website, and the owners pay a respectable amount of money for its existence and upkeep.

You are ALLOWED to post here, granted you follow the rules of the owner(s).

Freedom of speech? Seriously? Do you not understand how this all works yet?

Gene would be well within his right to ban people for ending sentences in prepositions, and there would be no "violation of rights".
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Thumbs up

You came into an environment you don't understand to interfere in a situation you know very little about to defend someone you don't know about his poor behavior that no one approved of but a very few, then sought to criticize the powers that be for being too mean.
    This ain't your pub, your school, your BB. You are no better or worse than the rest of us. We all have to follow the rules. Even you and Warrior man.
    If you don't like it, I am sure there must be other BB available the will meet your high standards of moral superiority.
    Clearly you missed the point where WM was making fun of those with disabilities, mocking others, breaking the law by slandering someone's credentials as being fake. You also missed the part where he confessed to attacking a commuter who was too close to him, and then changed his story so that the commuter had a knife instead. You missed the part where he insulted numerous posters here, and acted as though he was better than everyone.
    Clearly, clearly you missed this...
    Or...Trolls are the worst in people. They can fully expect to be rejected because that is what they are seeking. They are generally individuals who hate themselves, seek validation and in turn develop their construct firmly that they are not worthy of regard and in the end they feel no one else is either short of celebrities they can never get close to or relate to.
    the entire world view is skewed for the troll. They are ill equipped psychologically to deal with realities and so they escape to a child like world where they can be destructive.
    there is no value to what they do. For the most part, they are sad and lonely individuals who fail to communicate with any real effect and so they play the spiral game of dislike etc.
    There is no desire to have them here and I seek to have them banned immediately upon revelation of same.
    Hopefully that quote is not too long, but I quoted 3 people, who may as well be the same person.

What goes on here makes Kung Fu and Kung Fu magazine look bad.

If this is to be considered a martial arts school that I have wandered into, then it can only finds its similarity in the fictional "Cobra Kai dojo" school of Karate Kid.

I don't even really have to explain that, as most people have seen it, and know the school was a breeding ground and encouraging place for bullys.

Their instructor, not only backed them up, but insisted that is how they be.

The people that keep saying I don't know the situation, I know they are just saying for psychological effect and empowerment, like people do on XBOX live trying to psyche out and own other gamers during play.

Doesn't work on me. Scott and the others, you can save your bull****, don't bother.

It is actually better that they do know they are full of BS, then that they actually believe the stories warrior man told.

Anyone that believes that warrior man killed a ruffian in public, and everyone cheered him on, and believed it even in the obviously archaic language way that he wrote it, are the same people that believe "Bullly Beatdown" was entirely real, and the bullys were really bullys and not bad actors.

In reality he would have been arrested. But I know there isn't a single person here that believes any of that.
    If they do, then they need to be in assisted living or something.

I had already been reading threads for weeks here, before posting, and the only thing I didn't know about when I first joined into this thread, was that warrior man had already been banned, because people knowingly made B.S issue with his harmless stories.

First they would demean and make fun of them, popcorn watchers and all, and when he replied, they would twist around what he said to mean something insulting and dangerous to the group. The whole time the associate editor is backing them up.

The use of the label Troll, is one of the most abused I have seen on the internet.

If someone doesn't fit in, they are a troll.

It goes back the the playground.

I would hear other kids say why they felt it was justified to verbally and physically abuse someone. "he is so obnoxious, he thinks he is better than us, he does it to deliberately get us mad, on and on..."

They didn't have a label for it then, but now it is troll.
    Don't take responsibility for your own reactions, blame the troll, and beat on them and kick them out.

It shows that people often don't evolve in the collective society.

Cobra kai blamed Daniel LaRusso. You could see, they wanted people to believe he was the menace.

Yes, I don't accept the world the way it is, I am not a Kung Fu martial artist, but they wouldn't accept the world the way it is.

They wouldn't accept what they were told to abide by, some abusive culture of psychological domination.

Yes, I will champion the trolls, because like the creature of myth, they are not often what is said of them by society.

Yes, I have found some other forums I will check out, but I don't have a great expectation that they will be any different.
    I had already been to Bullshido, and they are even worse.

Unfortunately the MMA mindset has moved into traditional martial arts forums, as well. But Scott is correct, this is how it is everywhere, so that is good enough reason for me, aspiring to be a martial artist, to not accept it.

But if I even read Kung Fu magazine after this, I will always have that realization that the people behind it, support Cobra kai type abuse.

And the rest sit back, eat popcorn and laugh at it.

Because that is the bases means of martial expression, why be Tai chi chuan when it is so much more fun to be competition sport.

Warrior man's posts were harmless, and everyone knows it.

I get this all the time where people insist I am in allegiance with whoever or whatever I defend.

Bullshido did the same thing, also calling me a nuthugger for defending someone they were talking **** about.

Yes, I will not post again.

Thank you for your time.

Well, you always have the option to just piss off. Just a suggestion

Refer to the sig, playbwoy!

You need thicker skin if you want to stick around. You will be abused, it's just the nature of the beast. So many personality types with so many opinions on how things should be. You will find that most threads are either a group circle jerk or an argument that may or may not be civil. If you can't handle that................. to the left, son.

Cool

Edit: Sorry; you can ignore this post - just read some more of the posts in this topic and saw that a few people actually apologised for wrongly linking me to Warrior_Man (I think it was only one guy who continued to randomly accuse me of this, which I can live with as it's a minority). Thanks!
    Last edited by Shadow_Trickery; 12-11-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Sweet lord, make sure you don't eat the last porkchop around this guy.
    That is some fine whining right there Nap.

You must be a blast at parties as you criticize your hosts. Nice misplaced moral reprimands by the way. Ego much?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I think it's funny how "nappy" here tries to put it in terms we can understand by drawing a Karate Kid analogy.

more yapping from mouthboxers.

enough already.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.