Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaolin Orphanage

Really though, Gene..

That's a lot of chopsticks in his rice bowl! If he wasn't a monk........... I'd expect him to go postal!

Being beholden to so many other organizations, especially in the PRC, I can only imagine that being a nightmare. I can only assume that there is much more pressure to comply with whatever the government wants, in this case (and I'm sure there's a lot more government involvement here than there would be in a different country).
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    That has not really been the case throughout history, and it's even less differentiated nowadays, I'd say. If that were true, Shaolin would surely be in a much different state today.
    No i don't mean throughout history, but about the last 10 to 15 years. And concerning organisatorical and functional questions, not in regard to the political control that you find in at least all the big temples of China.

Shaolin chicoms

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    Chicoms? You mean the Abbot plays Call of Duty??
    The term 'Chicom' predates Call of Duty
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    The term 'Chicom' predates Call of Duty
    I was being sarcastic, Gene. Way to make me look like a dummy
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

It's all about making other forum members look like dummies.

Just what do you think we're doing here exactly? If it's too much, you can always tap out.

This is you.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Just what do you think we're doing here exactly? If it's too much, you can always tap out.

This is you.

lmao, Gene. I'm gonna remember that!

In a previous post i have given a wrong number. According to the article linked in the same post, Shaolin orphenage in its 8-9 years of existence has raised alltogether 300 orphans, by now it should be about 50 orphans.

Some days ago Shaolin-temple was again active in a social way: http://www.shaolin.org.cn/templates/...ontentid=10076. Looks strange with people carrying those big signs naming the amount of the donated money and that the people seem to get the money straight into their hand, no "hongbao".