Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing chun vids share please take 2

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    enough said

Jim this makes no sense, you acknowledge the variation in ability of the individuals within the WSL line and yet generalise about the Ip Chun lineage despite only having a limited exposure to the individuals within it?

Here it is imo what I found in Wing Chun, out of the WSL line a few really good practical fighters in the Yip Chun line none with anything like these skills! and yes my limited exposure includes all the head Yip Chun UK guys. For me I could not get this system to work and therefore conclude my Wing Chun training actually started when I found the WSL system.

I don't get up as far north as Burnley very often, but will be in the North of England in the new year at some point training. I'll see if I can pop across. If not, maybe we can meet up at one of the shows or seminars planned for next year. I am always open to sharing ideas and exploring Wing Chun whatever lineage.

It would be nice to see you

Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhalliwell View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbeUCMU_Bv8

... I picked a vid from Sam as I think he maybe the senior Yip chun/Yip Ching guy in the Uk so he must be doing the system correctly then.

JIm
    I would say he is doing the system correctly according to Ip Mans sons and how 'they want him' to teach internationally. You would do good to remember that he is promoting Wing Chun in some countries that have had little or NO exposure to anything like it before and that is a mission he has taken on for and on behalf of the Ip Family... Good luck to him I say.

[From wiki

In 1978 he returned to Hong Kong in hope to find the true source of Wing Chun. Samuel Kwok was introduced to Ip Chun by Lee Sing; who at the time was joining the Ip Man Martial Arts Association. It was during a second meeting with Ip Chun that he offered to teach Samuel Kwok the Wooden Dummy techniques, realizing that he was being given a great honour he accepted. At this time, Ip Chun was only teaching part time.
    I'm only quoting this because it has incorrect information in it and so is not really agreat example of 'truth' at all...

Sam Kwok is my Sisuk, meaning he was trained by my Sigung (Lee Shing) as one of his younger generations (prior to being introduced to Ip Chun). But to say that my Sigung was 'joining' the Yip Man Martial Arts Athletic Association in 1978 is stretching the truth because he was given permission by Yip Man himself to teach Wing Chun prior to leaving HK for England in 1963. It was actually my own Sifu that Ip Chun was inducting into the Wing Chun family in 1978, by request of Lee Shing his school was named 'Jun Mo'

I believe at a similar time Uncle Kwok was given the name 'Ching Mo' but maybe one of his direct students can confirm this?
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 12-17-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Oh gawd ... another true believer.

There's a chi sao comp on in Britain soon ... why don't you Kev, Graham and the other cult members stop slagging it off and enter if you're so f***ing fantastic at it? Put your money where your mouth is, after you've taken your foot out.

Not just the MMA brigade.
    Thanks for the mention.

Blog Entries
    So are any guys who have posted on this topic going to enter the chi sao open next year?

Im a Chu Sau Lei practitioner under Alan Orr Sifu and will be taking part, will be interesting to touch hands with any forum posters.
    Last edited by chris bougeard; 12-17-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by chris bougeard View Post
    So are any guys who have posted on this topic going to enter the chi sao open next year?

Im a Chu Sau Lei practitioner under Alan Orr Sifu and will be taking part, will be interesting to touch hands with any forum posters.
    I'm not intending to but there has been more interest in the family this time round so some may enter...

Maybe you have students who will Jim?? Or maybe you will put a clip up of yourself teaching Wing Chun, as you seem to have a fixation with taking the pi$$ out of others
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

No not again for us lot anyways done that in 1999 2000 2001 2002 at euro wirrall not 100% on the dates its a while ago now we had about 4 or 5 guys enter (out of about 30 entering) and at least one or two won either firsts or seconds not bad others got disqualified. You can verify this with the organizer George Ho if required cos I cant remember.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Nice one Jim, good to hear you got involved.

So you are obviously not averse to the idea of some kind of proving ground, a good thing...

Wink Let’s give him a fair chance.

Nice one Jim, good to hear you got involved.

So you are obviously not averse to the idea of some kind of proving ground, a good thing...

I think ‘Jim’ will be posting a good clip soon; of him showing us what I’ve missed over the years in training, and I’m sure that won't cost us anything. Jim does have mad squabbles verbally and it just might be as good physically.

Take care,
    Last edited by Ali. R; 12-17-2012 at 02:57 PM.

This is gonna sound kind of stupid (and since ive acknowledged that i'd appreciate it if you all didn't remind me!), but I think at least half of the videos put up by the Kung Fu community of well known Sifus are purposely done somewhat half assed. I feel like I've seen plenty of videos of various sifus doing forms and such in ways that clearly lack details that they have expressed before when explaining the movements (so you know they knew the detail, they just didn't do it).

Also, again, may sound stupid, but I think lots of sifus who reach a certain level looks more lax when they do things because, simply put, they can do it like that while still be effective. I'm not sure if others have experienced it, but there are plenty times that I felt like my sifu was breaking all the Ving Tsun concepts, but completely dominating me w/ Ving Tsun at the same time, as if any time I did try to do anything, the Ving Tsun was there. It was kinda of like saying "See? Once you train these energies enough, you can use them anyway you want. Try and stop it if you wish." I think the students feeling the technique first hand probably know whats up.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Talking Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSpring View Post
    Also, again, may sound stupid, but I think lots of sifus who reach a certain level looks more lax when they do things because, simply put, they can do it like that while still be effective.

Man,,, this clip says it all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ravi4YtUTxo

Again; very nice post.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 12-17-2012 at 02:59 PM.

No not again for us lot anyways done that in 1999 2000 2001 2002 at euro wirrall not 100% on the dates its a while ago now we had about 4 or 5 guys enter (out of about 30 entering) and at least one or two won either firsts or seconds not bad others got disqualified. You can verify this with the organizer George Ho if required cos I cant remember.

Jim
    Fair enough. Credit for actually stepping up.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Utter rubbish

Please could you leave your posts on how I can't do any better, why don't I post a clip, that I'm a Philipp Bayer worshipper and belong to some cult and why don't I take part part in Alan Orrs pathetic Chi Sau competition to prove how good I am below please.

Thanks

Graham H

PS Oh and some more unproductive drivvel from Anerlich......

....and as for the Ip Chun lineage I'm yet to see anything better than old socks either in the UK or Hong Kong.

Please post your disapprovals below as well please