Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing chun vids share please take 2

I now know the taste of victory
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Some videos of wing chun to share via this link.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jimkungfu

Based not too far from me. It is not my class, though I think I have had chi sau sessions with some that attend it. Others on these boards are far more qualified than I to pass comment on the 'standard' of the wing chun presented.

Hi Paddington,

Where are you from? I live and train in Burnley (with one of Jims students).

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by Treznor View Post
    Hi Paddington,

Where are you from? I live and train in Burnley (with one of Jims students).

Mat
    I live in Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I live in Bradford.

Hi Mate

I will be doing a workshop in Bradford at some point, so why not come along?
    even better your only 45 mins away from me give me a call and we can train together and in a friendly way you can see the way we do things here.My number is below and i look forward to meeting you mate.

Jim halliwell
    07912 872 821.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhalliwell View Post
    Hi Mate

I will be doing a workshop in Bradford at some point, so why not come along?
    even better your only 45 mins away from me give me a call and we can train together and in a friendly way you can see the way we do things here.My number is below and i look forward to meeting you mate.

Jim halliwell
    07912 872 821.
    Oh good....another potential WSLVT conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Oh good....another potential WSLVT conversion
    Make sure you stock him up with plenty og PB clips to inundate us with once he is a true disciple

You both did make me laugh there.

Jim, where are you hosting your seminar in Bradford and when?

Do you remember a lad called Pedro? Used to teach at a place called 'Kickers Black Belt Academy' (Tony Devine, judo and mma, was the only person worth seeing there IMO) in Bradford many moons ago; he trained down the Ip Chun lineage and then took on WSL's interpretation of Wing Chun and then trained down that line, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Make sure you stock him up with plenty og PB clips to inundate us with once he is a true disciple
    No need. he may want to go and see for himself like I did and unlike you did Glen you boner!

And now for the heresy; I am not a big fan of PB.

You both did make me laugh there.

Jim, where are you hosting your seminar in Bradford and when?

Do you remember a lad called Pedro? Used to teach at a place called 'Kickers Black Belt Academy' (Tony Devine, judo and mma, was the only person worth seeing there IMO) in Bradford many moons ago; he trained down the Ip Chun lineage and then took on WSL's interpretation of Wing Chun and then trained down that line, I think.

Hi

Yes I remember him his training background I think he was an instructor for Colin ward (maybe). he visited my school, you can ask him what he thought and how he did yourself (or you can call me). The seminar will be in a couple of months I teach a small private group that travel to me for lessons from there, your welcome to attend but you know where i am if you want to visit for a couple of hours sooner with me foc of course.

Jim.

And now for the heresy; I am not a big fan of PB.
    Based on what? Video footage? Have you met him or trained with any students? I doubt it as the distance in skill, thinking and overall Ving Tsun knowledge between him and your lineage is from where I'm standing to faint light that can be seen from a space telescope of the youngest formed star after the Big Bang. As you are an advocate of Kau Sau its better that you are not a fan

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Based on what? Video footage? Have you met him or trained with any students? I doubt it as the distance in skill, thinking and overall Ving Tsun knowledge between him and your lineage is from where I'm standing to faint light that can be seen from a space telescope of the youngest formed star after the Big Bang. As you are an advocate of Kau Sau its better that you are not a fan
    Based on a few things really; articles, footage, seminars I've watched etc. More importantly, often I gauge what a Sifu is like by looking at the behavior of his or her students and the standard of their wing chun, conceptually and practically.

As for who I have trained with and who they have learnt from, tbh most of the stuff you are talking about, at least our interpretations, is not really known by you guys. With regards to a lot of the themes you talk about, you would find we do discuss them and share some commonality with you.

Jim, I have not seen Pedro in an age and yes, he did teach for Sifu Ward at the time. I thought you did some training with Sifu Ward too at some point?
    Last edited by Paddington; 01-25-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Based on a few things really; articles, footage, seminars I've watched etc. More importantly, often I gauge what a Sifu is like by looking at the behavior of his or her students and the standard of their wing chun, conceptually and practically.

As for who I have trained with and who they have learnt from, tbh most of the stuff you are talking about, at least our interpretations, is not really known by you guys. With regards to a lot of the themes you talk about, you would find we do discuss them and share some commonality with you.

Jim, I have not seen Pedro in an age and yes, he did teach for Sifu Ward at the time. I thought you did some training with Sifu Ward too at some point?
    Hi

No never trained with sifu ward at all little point after I found the wsl system. Are you going to visit me or not you would be welcome! We can type all day lets train!

Jim.
    Last edited by jimhalliwell; 01-25-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhalliwell View Post
    Hi

No never trained with sifu ward at all little point after I found the wsl system. Are you going to visit me or not you would be welcome! We can type all day lets train!

Jim.
    Yet decide if I want to have a roll with you or not. I am not short on training partners right now, and that is training partners from different schools of wing chun as well as grapplers and mixed martial artists.

No offense Jim but from what I gather it is quite a highly charged, masculine, aggressive place you run with an emphasis on 'being able to fight'?