Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing chun vids share please take 2

Quote Originally Posted by jimhalliwell View Post
    Hi

We could go on like this all day your opinion my opinion etc. I'll say again imo there is not a Yip Chun student alive that would stand up to bayer in chi sau and your kidding yourself if you think Sam Kwok would!
    And you wonder why the MMA brigade laugh at WC when you throw out statements like that.

I'll say again imo there is not a Yip Chun student alive that would stand up to bayer in chi sau and your kidding yourself if you think Sam Kwok would!
    Oh gawd ... another true believer.

There's a chi sao comp on in Britain soon ... why don't you Kev, Graham and the other cult members stop slagging it off and enter if you're so f***ing fantastic at it? Put your money where your mouth is, after you've taken your foot out.

And you wonder why the MMA brigade laugh at WC when you throw out statements like that.
    Not just the MMA brigade.
    Last edited by anerlich; 12-15-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Oh gawd ... another true believer.
    I was hoping Jim wasnt one of the WSLPB zealots.... guess i was wrong

There's a chi sao comp on in Britain soon ... why don't you Kev, Graham and the other cult members stop slagging it off and enter if you're so f***ing fantastic at it? Put your money where your mouth is, after you've taken your foot out.
    Well thats the obvious thing to do if you truly believe your own rantings.... wont happen though

Not just the MMA brigade.
    Whats that old saying, take a number

[QUOTE=wingchunIan;1202235]lol you might want to do some more research Jim[/QUOTE

From wiki

In 1978 he returned to Hong Kong in hope to find the true source of Wing Chun. Samuel Kwok was introduced to Ip Chun by Lee Sing; who at the time was joining the Ip Man Martial Arts Association. It was during a second meeting with Ip Chun that he offered to teach Samuel Kwok the Wooden Dummy techniques, realizing that he was being given a great honour he accepted. At this time, Ip Chun was only teaching part time.

For the next few years Samuel Kwok had private tuition from Ip Chun, and after gaining Master level in Wing Chun, he opened his first school in Hong Kong. It was not long before his students began making a name for themselves at tournaments and demonstrations in the colony.

When returning to the UK in 1981, he was appointed chairman and senior overseas representative of the Ip Chun Martial Art Association by Grandmaster Ip Chun.

Also a link to sam kwoks website and family tree

http://www.kwokwingchun.com/about-wi...&-family-tree/

Ian,

I know Sam and Yip Chun have divorced (and i have been told why) but im pretty sure his wing chun skills have not got any worse (god forbid) than when he was with Yip Chun so Ian can you tell me is this footwork a true representative of the Yip Chun / Yip Ching system or one or the other ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbeUCMU_Bv8

or are the reps of Yip Chun in the uk distancing themselves from Sam? Now im only mentioning Sam because i think the original thread was a video of him performing Chi sau with Yip ching.

Regard to me being WSLVT crazy or whatever I have said it before there are only a couple of people that I respect in this system too Barry Lee and P Bayer (+some students of) and I'll say again this is only my opinion that's all just based on my years of learning Ving tsun just like you have an opinion too, for me the WSLVT system is far superior in practicality than the Yip Chun system.

Now i have left my number if you want to discuss or come and train for free and we can in a real friendly way compare discuss the differences then we all may learn something (again 07912872821)

Cheers

Jim.
    Last edited by jimhalliwell; 12-16-2012 at 07:30 AM.

[QUOTE=anerlich;1202255]Oh gawd ... another true believer.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    I agree, I laugh too at the idea of chi sao fighting. Not many know how to connect the dots and use vt in free fighting. Chi sao is a different thing to everyone, but step back and fight and its pretty easy to cut through the c r a p.

If one could keep the same form when fighting as playing ‘chi sao’, and that’s a big 'IF' you know how to play chi sao effectively, especially when someone is trying to knock your head off bare knuckled, and by not just playing “pat-ti-cake” (little girls game) when under pressure.

But, really it don’t make a big deference on how hard you can hit, just on how well you could neutralize the oncoming attacks.

As you convert those ideas (chi sao) into fighting, just stay in the pocket without a bunch of unnecessary movements, and all you have to do is ring his bell one good time, and he will come to you with bridge contact; especially if he doesn’t have any good fighting sense.

Take care,
    Last edited by Ali. R; 12-16-2012 at 05:24 PM.

this is only my opinion
    Yep. Though if you'd enter the competition, you'd have something more.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

I laugh too at the idea of chi sao fighting.
    So we should laugh at the vids of Phill Bayer you put up?

Not many know how to connect the dots and use vt in free fighting.
    Still fewer claim to know and actually can produce any evidence to back up their assertions.

From wiki
    enough said

I know Sam and Yip Chun have divorced (and i have been told why) but im pretty sure his wing chun skills have not got any worse (god forbid) than when he was with Yip Chun so Ian can you tell me is this footwork a true representative of the Yip Chun / Yip Ching system or one or the other ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbeUCMU_Bv8
    As I do not, nor have I ever trained with Sam Kwok or within his organisation I obviously can't comment on what he is doing in the video clip. I do not know the context of the clip or what he was trying to convey. Generally in response to someone attacking in the fashion shown in the clip I and those I have trained with would choose to either stand our ground and evade the blow using turning (or what some refer to as shifting) or move forward with angling to intercept and neutralize the incoming threat. However as said I cannot comment on what was being shown in the video.
    or are the reps of Yip Chun in the uk distancing themselves from Sam? Now im only mentioning Sam because i think the original thread was a video of him performing Chi sau with Yip ching.
    Jim, I think you may have entirely the wrong idea about the way that sigung Ip Chun's lineage is represented in the UK. There are at least five or six organisations within the UK that have links to sigung Ip Chun outside of Sam Kwok's organisation. None of them have any link to Sam Kwok and they all operate as seperate entities with their own chief instructors.

Regard to me being WSLVT crazy or whatever I have said it before there are only a couple of people that I respect in this system too Barry Lee and P Bayer (+some students of) and I'll say again this is only my opinion that's all just based on my years of learning Ving tsun just like you have an opinion too, for me the WSLVT system is far superior in practicality than the Yip Chun system.
    Jim this makes no sense, you acknowledge the variation in ability of the individuals within the WSL line and yet generalise about the Ip Chun lineage despite only having a limited exposure to the individuals within it?

Now i have left my number if you want to discuss or come and train for free and we can in a real friendly way compare discuss the differences then we all may learn something (again 07912872821)
    I don't get up as far north as Burnley very often, but will be in the North of England in the new year at some point training. I'll see if I can pop across. If not, maybe we can meet up at one of the shows or seminars planned for next year. I am always open to sharing ideas and exploring Wing Chun whatever lineage.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    enough said

As I do not, nor have I ever trained with Sam Kwok or within his organisation I obviously can't comment on what he is doing in the video clip. I do not know the context of the clip or what he was trying to convey. Generally in response to someone attacking in the fashion shown in the clip I and those I have trained with would choose to either stand our ground and evade the blow using turning (or what some refer to as shifting) or move forward with angling to intercept and neutralize the incoming threat. However as said I cannot comment on what was being shown in the video.
    Jim, I think you may have entirely the wrong idea about the way that sigung Ip Chun's lineage is represented in the UK. There are at least five or six organisations within the UK that have links to sigung Ip Chun outside of Sam Kwok's organisation. None of them have any link to Sam Kwok and they all operate as seperate entities with their own chief instructors.

Jim this makes no sense, you acknowledge the variation in ability of the individuals within the WSL line and yet generalise about the Ip Chun lineage despite only having a limited exposure to the individuals within it?

I don't get up as far north as Burnley very often, but will be in the North of England in the new year at some point training. I'll see if I can pop across. If not, maybe we can meet up at one of the shows or seminars planned for next year. I am always open to sharing ideas and exploring Wing Chun whatever lineage.
    I know what he is trying to do in the clip, but its obvious hes hasnt quite " mastered " it yet .

Holger at work... http://youtu.be/KGy1oiblgqo

Well produced clip, http://youtu.be/Lzz47a5089E