Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing chun vids share please take 2

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Please could you leave your posts on how I can't do any better, why don't I post a clip, that I'm a Philipp Bayer worshipper and belong to some cult and why don't I take part part in Alan Orrs pathetic Chi Sau competition to prove how good I am below please.

Thanks

Graham H

PS Oh and some more unproductive drivvel from Anerlich......
    Hey dont leave me out!

Or is my forum fu too strong for you my cultish, PB worshipping, Alan Orr avoiding, clipless wannabe

....and as for the Ip Chun lineage I'm yet to see anything better than old socks either in the UK or Hong Kong.

Please post your disapprovals below as well please
    and that's why we have an ignore button.......
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGEbUBlV9J0

power! at 1.27 are we in need of a bigger room!

you know i think maybe i should have stayed with this Yip Chun /Ching stuff after all!

Quote Originally Posted by jimhalliwell View Post

you know i think maybe i should have stayed with this Yip Chun /Ching stuff after all!
    To our thinking its all wrong and just doing it for effect rather than reason. Ooooh look at compliant student fly through the room , please.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 12-18-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    To our thinking its all wrong and just doing it for effect rather than reason. Ooooh look at compliant student fly through the room , please.
    Yes things have changed the days of behind closed doors garbage is long gone. Were in the media age now were we can Now at last scrutinize these Spurious individuals first hand. These are the very reasons why Wing chun has fallen so low by the waste side in the Martial World
    Last edited by Jansingsang; 12-18-2012 at 03:22 PM.

cant we all just join hands and go beat up some yellow bamboo chi masters?
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

...and the myth gets propagated to the eager kool aid drinkers... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QV1T3tJyIc .....1.50 ...I mean c'mon seriously

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    and that's why we have an ignore button.......
    I have been here for 5 years and haven't used this infamous 'ignore button' yet and to be honest when there is this level of silliness I just stay off the forum altogether!!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I have been here for 5 years and haven't used this infamous 'ignore button' yet and to be honest when there is this level of silliness I just stay off the forum altogether!!
    -----------------------------------------------------

I don't use the ignore button..I just ignore the forum often enough... specially when bad stuff from youtube is put up or PB cookie cutter lop/lop/push videos are repeatedly put up...or chest thumping is on.

I just can't stop thinking about the laughter around the world that would ensue if a top level wrestler would put up a video of an arm drag like this sending someone flying.

It can't bode well for WCK if people actually take that kind of stuff seriously.

Lol Maybe it was a self defence seminar and he was demonstrating that if you get a chance to run then you should

As I said in a previous post, Sam Kwok's organisation is only one organisation
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------

I don't use the ignore button..I just ignore the forum often enough... specially when bad stuff from youtube is put up or PB cookie cutter lop/lop/push videos are repeatedly put up...or chest thumping is on.
    That's a real nice post.

Please could you leave your posts on how I can't do any better, why don't I post a clip, that I'm a Philipp Bayer worshipper and belong to some cult and why don't I take part part in Alan Orrs pathetic Chi Sau competition to prove how good I am below please.

Thanks

Graham H

PS Oh and some more unproductive drivvel from Anerlich......
    Thanks for the mention. For future reference, it's spelt DRIVEL.
    Last edited by anerlich; 12-19-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Chi Sau

I have had the priviledge of meeting a very good IP Ching practioner...Who Poon Sau posistion was very closed. Its very interesting the dynamic of centerline structure when doing chi sau. If I do WC with a Yip Lineage practioner I understand this to be the standard for most and will abide by what your comfortable with...

I how ever have different variation of chi sau. For us chi sau is not about centerline. Its purely about sensitivity and developing it. We work on different elements like linkage, stealing, and controlling. Basically we don't utilize poon sau at all during chi sau...We use Jao Sao or running hands. Basically the hands are not as closed as Ip Man lineages. Its basically some what open. a little less than shoulder lenght. But not too wide and not to closed. We basically want to make it difficult to give you more of challenge to close the centerline and also give you the advantage to be able to defend your gates. In our chi sau we strike both center and gates. We use both Linear and circular attacks. If you are too closed outside or circular attacks will take more effort to defend leaving you slower to intercept or redirect outside attacks. If your too open it will be very hard and difficult to defend against a simply jab or straight right.

We reserve structure and centerline study for drills and sparring and san shou. Frankly in a fight I would never have both hands out like that in that posistion. To think even if your structure is closed your going to be able to stop strikes from landing is ridiculous in my opinion. At best you want to be cross hand or double wu sao to defend and protect the centerline.
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 12-19-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    I have had the priviledge of meeting a very good IP Ching practioner...Who Poon Sau posistion was very closed. Its very interesting the dynamic of centerline structure when doing chi sau. If I do WC with a Yip Lineage practioner I understand this to be the standard for most and will abide by what your comfortable with...

I how ever have different variation of chi sau. For us chi sau is not about centerline. Its purely about sensitivity and developing it. We work on different elements like linkage, stealing, and controlling. Basically we don't utilize poon sau at all during chi sau...We use Jao Sao or running hands. Basically the hands are not as closed as Ip Man lineages. Its basically some what open. a little less than shoulder lenght. But not too wide and not to closed. We basically want to make it difficult to give you more of challenge to close the centerline and also give you the advantage to be able to defend your gates. In our chi sau we strike both center and gates. We use both Linear and circular attacks. If you are too closed outside or circular attacks will take more effort to defend leaving you slower to intercept or redirect outside attacks. If your too open it will be very hard and difficult to defend against a simply jab or straight right.

We reserve structure and centerline study for drills and sparring and san shou. Frankly in a fight I would never have both hands out like that in that posistion. To think even if your structure is closed your going to be able to stop strikes from landing is ridiculous in my opinion. At best you want to be cross hand or double wu sao to defend and protect the centerline.
    If chi Sao in your lineage is not about the center line why chi sAo then? There are plenty of other ways to develop sensitivity.