Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing chun vids share please take 2

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    So youve created a bridge with a boxer and now you want to push him into...... boxing range!

Genius!!!
    Sigh........our legs are just stuck to the floor and we shove them away ? Is that how you see it ? Here try again, let me help you ?

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Sigh........our legs are just stuck to the floor and we shove them away ? Is that how you see it ? Here try again, let me help you ?
    Sigh.... are we all a bit stupid for you Kev?

I think what he's saying is he will push them away, but he won't just stand there - he'll chase them down afterwards with footwork so he can hit him vs. just keeping them where they are and hitting them. Makes a LOT of sense..
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    I think what he's saying is he will push them away, but he won't just stand there - he'll chase them down afterwards with footwork so he can hit him vs. just keeping them where they are and hitting them. Makes a LOT of sense..
    Come on, its from the WSL line, so it MUST be right!

Simple ideas can be elusive....to many.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    This is the type of thing it sounds like Yoshi is describing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnHlLiYmVXA
    Exactly LFJ thats what im talking about...you right on. Its about learning how to use wc techns and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSpring View Post
    I think i know what he's talking about. My sifu eventually once told me to relax and try and occupy other centerlines while still defending the main/central line during chi sao. Of course, there could be a few reasons why he specifically said this to me, one being that I'm naturally very tense and perhaps he felt i was tightly closed up while i didn't realize it, but another additional reason he gave was that it also helps you draw your opponent/partner in. In his words, "give them a chance to come in a bit." Just to be clear, he didn't say this because my chi sao was good or anything like that, but more because allowing people to come in opened up more scenarios to deal with, which ultimately was a good thing. but thats just my opinion, and im sure its just the tip of the iceberg
    Exactly Eternal Spring. its not to say we shouldnt close our gates or tighten up during chi sau but its basically for us to learn how to deal with attacks. When i do Chi Sau with beginners i can make the circle very very very small. But then they would never touch me. My Circle is usually medium...Actually the video LFJ posted usually its around their openess or maybe a little more depending on who im doing chi sau with. Certain folks I keep the circle real small but its only few arrogant *******s i do that with. But if your circle is open you learn how to feel for incoming force and redirect it. If its too small incoming force will rarely make its way into your opening because it will clash with your bridge.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Simple ideas can be elusive....to many.
    so thats a no then on you putting up a clip of yourself doing what you are talking about against a boxer in your gym

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    I commented to agree with Chris on the theory of why we shouldn't needlessly 'push' people away once you already have them in striking range (po pai or otherwise).
    Chris was only arguing that because he didn't understand how po-pai is actually used, at least in WSLVT. No one on either side is arguing that we should needlessly push people away once we already have them in striking range.

Possible uses mentioned:

1. Using surroundings, pushing the opponent over objects, chairs, stairs, into walls, other attackers, etc. with a strong burst.
    2. In situations closer than ideal striking range, using a short burst to create space and affect balance, position, angle toward us, etc. while keeping the opponent in our striking range as we continue to attack from an advantageous position.

Where does this describe needlessly pushing people away once we have them in striking range??

you've already forgotten how you even got to the silly subject of po pai - it's once you joined the discussion. Before that only 'pushing' was mentioned - and it was only a page or two ago.

Since you've forgotten, here's how it went (I bolded the word push so you don't miss it - please pay attention):

Quote Originally Posted by chris bougeard
    "lop/lop/push videos are repeatedly put up" I love that comment!

Pushing an oponent away so you have to go through the pain of having to bridge again , such a great idea
    Wrong. That "lop/lop/push" comment came from Joy about PB chi-sau videos. It was in reference to po-pai, which both Joy and Chris misunderstood to be pushing the opponent away, allowing them to reengage.

As I tried to explain, in chi-sau drills po-pai is sometimes used to call for a reset assuming that in actual usage it would be knocking the opponent over or into something/someone, or to affect balance, posture, and angle to continue striking from an advantageous position. But in the drill, in the eyes of an uninformed onlooker it may look like pushing the opponent away for no reason. It is not that.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhalliwell View Post
    To lighten the mood here is some Advanced Chi sau take it guys it takes a deep understanding to do it as good as this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UxDp...JQRR_NNMKOzABT

Cheers Jim

ps not for beginners!! this is the Yip Chun / Yip Ching line at its best !
    Awful......

More rubbish but this time with "advanced" and "Grandmaster" inside.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhalliwell View Post
    To lighten the mood here is some Advanced Chi sau take it guys it takes a deep understanding to do it as good as this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UxDp...JQRR_NNMKOzABT

Cheers Jim

ps not for beginners!! this is the Yip Chun / Yip Ching line at its best !
    Jim, whatever your issue is with Sam Kwok you really should take it up with him rather than continuing to post videos of him here.
    As regards your parting line, in all honesty you have no idea about the Ip chun line as demonstrated by your continued belief that Sam Kwok is somehow representative of the whole lineage.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Jim, whatever your issue is with Sam Kwok you really should take it up with him rather than continuing to post videos of him here.
    As regards your parting line, in all honesty you have no idea about the Ip chun line as demonstrated by your continued belief that Sam Kwok is somehow representative of the whole lineage.

I eagerly await my education.

JIm

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Why not? It's entertaining and people should have the right to see what a "real" Grandmaster looks like!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Why not? It's entertaining and people should have the right to see what a "real" Grandmaster looks like!

lol I did i asked him to chi sau in 2002 or 2003 at liverpool in front of 10 witnesses he refused.

Jim

I chi-saoed him, I gave him a big slap straight away, he got angry and we went at it...I was not impressed that I could (seung ma ) step in with a tan sao and land a palm strike to him so easily.