Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 27 shot dead in Conneticut school

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    No, it's about unrealistic unsustainable expectations! These are not inherent to human nature.
    cancerous growth is not inherent to human nature, but its vital for the survival and prosperity of america in its current state.

i know people talk about surviving zombie apocalypse. they would not survive another great depression.

Sure we can. We do it all the time. For All The Above. The bigger question is....

do we have the right to profile citizens that show no criminality in their actions? Should we map all babies genomes and correct them early? Is that a good or bad thing? Does this open up more doors to bad situations or close them? Should we take children away from parents that don't follow the cookie cutter mold? Would they be better off with or without them and how do we decide? Where do we draw the line? Or do we handle it on a case by case level?
    we shouldnt, but it will happen. at least in china. its the only way for PRC to maintain stability. to take obedience to the next level, beyond social engineering and pschological warfare, to the biological and genetic level.
    Last edited by bawang; 12-14-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

As UnPC as eugenics are, there are very valid points that support it's use and necessity. Studies are starting to show that on average humans are getting dumber.

But in isolated cases, some are smarter than ever. It's just the sheer amount of sheep bring down the averages below what we have observed in the past.

Sure we can. We do it all the time. For All The Above. The bigger question is....

do we have the right to profile citizens that show no criminality in their actions? Should we map all babies genomes and correct them early? Is that a good or bad thing? Does this open up more doors to bad situations or close them? Should we take children away from parents that don't follow the cookie cutter mold? Would they be better off with or without them and how do we decide? Where do we draw the line? Or do we handle it on a case by case level?

None of this is easy.
    We shouldn't do any of these things unless the situation is extreme (life threatening birth defect, abusive parents etc. etc.) So there will always be people who we can't mould. And from them we will get some spectacular ones, and some despicable ones. It will still be unavoidable and we will have nasty people.

Free will implies evil. YOu can't have free will without evil. Its an old argument. So unless we take away free will of our citizens we will always have the evil element.

It is worth it to keep the free will right? So perhaps we need to think of containment as opposed to cure in this case.

Well I'm doing my part. I only breed with smart good looking women!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    We shouldn't do any of these things unless the situation is extreme (life threatening birth defect, abusive parents etc. etc.) So there will always be people who we can't mould. And from them we will get some spectacular ones, and some despicable ones. It will still be unavoidable and we will have nasty people.

Free will implies evil. YOu can't have free will without evil. Its an old argument. So unless we take away free will of our citizens we will always have the evil element.

It is worth it to keep the free will right? So perhaps we need to think of containment as opposed to cure in this case.
    What is the diff between 100% restrained free will and a simple lack of free will? One makes you an automaton and the other makes you go insane!

The information age is polarizing the world. I see two ends. One is war and death, the other is wisdom and understanding. I think simple restriction will lead to the former. But the latter is achievable. Never 100%, of course. But more than good enough.

Most people are who they were raised to be. Maybe we should start there huh. Truly bad people are not the problem. It's selfish greedy people. People who have been taught to take more than they give. Even when they preach and rationalize to show they do give when infact they are just lying to themselves and everyone else. Like Christians, for example. Not all, but most.

psychopathy is caused by faulty gene aka "the warrior gene" causing decreased ocular lobe activity in the brain, leading to lack of empathy, fear and remorse.

the harsh old world laws were an early form of eugenics.
    i breed with strong, powerful women who can produce a race of super warriors witht the strength of 10 ronnie colemans.
    Last edited by bawang; 12-14-2012 at 06:42 PM.

What is the diff between 100% restrained free will and a simple lack of free will? One makes you an automaton and the other makes you go insane!
    THere is a difference. YOu will go insane and you will rebel and the cycle will start again. But all the while you will revel in your conscious decisions.

When you don't have it at all you are just a robot... maybe you are not even conscious at all.

I mean, even when restrained at least you can dream freely. But with no free will you won't even have that becasue it changes the way you think.

I am more moral and less picky, I breed with good smart looking women.

THere is a difference. YOu will go insane and you will rebel and the cycle will start again. But all the while you will revel in your conscious decisions.

When you don't have it at all you are just a robot... maybe you are not even conscious at all.

I mean, even when restrained at least you can dream freely. But with no free will you won't even have that becasue it changes the way you think.
    choice is an illusions. humans have varying degrees of impulse control.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    choice is an illusions. humans have varying degrees of impulse control.
    Jury is still out on that one. All decisions exist as a probability wave. But why not call that wave 'free will'.

I am more moral and less picky, I breed with good smart looking women.
    Clever.

I don't really care how smart somebody looks.

Blog Entries
    I'm also a CT resident...

I've had a sick feeling in my stomach all day. As a father of 2...you start to ask yourself, "what terror must have been playing through the childrens' minds"?

I keep rolling this massacre over and over in my mind... the pain doesn't go away.

As someone else said, if it can happen in sleepy ol' CT, you feel like it could happen anywhere.

I wanted to take the wife and kids to the movies tomorrow... sux that now I even how doubts about going to a movie theater.

New school uniforms mabe... kevlar vests.

I feel sad and like I have to puke, this friggin' sux. I can't even put myself in "Those Parents Shoes".

D A M N Friggin' H I M
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

I saw a Virgin Air commercial, a short one. The CEO of that company, is in a plane, and of course, hovering over his layout first class seat, while flying in space...

Hey man what are you doing today? Ah, nothing much, going to take a flight to space. Check out the sites...

There is no way to change individuals without changing society too. Taking guns away simply tells crazy fuukks to plow over kindergarteners at crosswalks and bus stops. Banning cars won't help, because then that just tells crazy fuukks to work hard to become lunch ladys and poison the whole school.

The only way to fix this is from the top enforcing some impossible utopia.

In any case, can we please keep putting more people out of work, stop trading and bartering with other nations, raise taxes, build more universities rather than have any kind of on the job training, idolize the bling, forget family values, remember that gay is the new cool, that being stupid is the new cool. And that we are best. Divide and conquer, please.

http://ktla.com/2012/12/14/former-fb...ting-suspects/

The above is an interesting short news interview with a former FBI agent who was a first responder at a school shooting and who has interviewed killers from workplace/school shootings and similar. One thing he says is that people who do these kinds of deeds have been preparing for a long time and that there actually are a lot of signs. He describes it by saying they "leak a trail of breadcrumbs" even if they're trying to hide it, and gives some examples of things to look out for.

It isn't that people ignore the signs, it's that they don't recognize the signs. They are there, but if you don't know what to look for, you may not notice. You may see a change, but you probably won't link it to the end result until hindsight kicks in. The average public is pretty ignorant about these kinds of signs. Also without proper perspective and a real understanding of these signs, the average guy will most likely misdiagnose and/or misinterpret the signals.

Also if you take two guys with the same mental defect and #1 lives a normal happy life and #2 goes on a spree, you can really see what happened when you compare their experiences. Having some of these defects does NOT automatically mean you are prone to violence. On the other end of that spectrum, if #1 and #2 are sociopaths and #1 kills a ton of kids, that does not mean #2 will. So an initial diagnosis means very little without context and behavioral observations over time.

It's tough to call these things unless the right people are watching the right person for the right length of time. Short of forcing everyone to get a psych degree, I'm not sure how we deal with that without causing a panic and having everyone pointing fingers at innocent people.

Random acts of violence like this may very well just be a fact of life. IMO illegal weapons and street murders are far more important. In most of those cases the social issues are what caused the criminality and not some mental defect or anti social tendencies. We should tackle something we can actually fix that does more damage. Then maybe after we solve that, we can come revisit this issue.