Thread: U.S. Home Foreclosure Aid...

U.S. Home Foreclosure Aid...

Anybody seen the President's HOPE program? Now I didn't even vote for Obama, I voted for Ron Paul, but some of the criticism and petitions seem petty or over the top. Someone sent me this one to sign via Facebook. Isn't this one a little small minded or kind of petty?

http://wh.gov/n4s5
    Last edited by Faruq; 12-18-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Only...24,999 to go.

Thankfully Canadian.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Sure, but anyone can start one of these petitions....not like congress would act on any of them anyway...If your backing Republicans or Democrats you have to be engaged in petty bickering over semantics because the two parties are too similar to front any real differences in ideology.

This one actually has the requisite signatures for a response.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-2016/wlfKzFkN
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

That's awesome. Nothing says more about a nation than a legit petition for a death star!

I like how the first one is still at one sig.

This whole online petition thing could get really ugly under todays laws. It is not hard to get 25,000 sigs. Some Youtube videos get that in a day.

What exactly is the response? Does it guaruntee consideration? Or does it just mean it will end up on some desy somewhere sometime and may or may not be truly examined let alone debated.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    That's awesome. Nothing says more about a nation than a legit petition for a death star!

I like how the first one is still at one sig.

This whole online petition thing could get really ugly under todays laws. It is not hard to get 25,000 sigs. Some Youtube videos get that in a day.

What exactly is the response? Does it guaruntee consideration? Or does it just mean it will end up on some desy somewhere sometime and may or may not be truly examined let alone debated.
    All it means is an aide will read it. No guarantee at all that it will ever be brought before congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    All it means is an aide will read it. No guarantee at all that it will ever be brought before congress.
    So what exactly is the point of giving a fully signed petition to a rep who doesn't wanna hear it? Do the numbers mean anything? Or is it one of those "well, then I guess he'll lose the next election" deals that I always here in the US when somebody blatantly disregards the wishes of the people?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    So what exactly is the point of giving a fully signed petition to a rep who doesn't wanna hear it? Do the numbers mean anything? Or is it one of those "well, then I guess he'll lose the next election" deals that I always here in the US when somebody blatantly disregards the wishes of the people?
    Obama had a lot of success using social media in his first election. His administration introduced the 25,000 petition deal to make us internet savvy folk feel like we can directly affect policy. But all he really guarantees is that, if you get the signatures; someone in his employ will read it. I guess the assumption is, that if it has merit, it will receive real consideration. But realistically, with the number of these things going around; and lack of mention of them, for the most part, by congress or the media...I highly doubt anything will see the light of day.

I remember early on the legalize marijuana petition got a mention from him, saying he's not in favor of legalization at this time; and of course after that it quickly got silly, with "death star" style petitions.

It would be a great thought, if the petitions were actually forced to be voted on in congress...but it's too easy to get the signatures by throwing something up on FB. Anything legit will just get buried under the nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    This one actually has the requisite signatures for a response.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-2016/wlfKzFkN
    That one shows how the people don't actually care about real issues and in their political apathy opt to joke about stupid things and make light of real problems.

Your rule of law and government are a joke? OK then.
    Kung Fu is good for you.