Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chi Sao Vid crazy

Chi Sao Vid crazy

I enjoyed this Video...Very good. He totally controlled the other guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9IK_6wobJE

Sam Totally Controlled Sean even though Obasi is a bigger guy!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    I enjoyed this Video...Very good. He totally controlled the other guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9IK_6wobJE

Sam Totally Controlled Sean even though Obasi is a bigger guy!
    Obassi was the guy doing the controlling there.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Obassi was the guy doing the controlling there.
    ............... Sams a handchaser, been there done that, years ago when he was just a plain old master , I hit him easy, and he got the insta'hump with me he asked after he came back in range from my strike..." who is your sifu !? ", " V Kan, I said", at which he proceeded to fight me in chi-sao. until we stopped for the mess it turned into.
    If you watch SK he places his open palms on forearms making it very hard for anyone to make contact in the game, its not how it should be done, but the game has allowed anything goes to stop getting hit in chi-sao..

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    If you watch SK he places his open palms on forearms making it very hard for anyone to make contact in the game, its not how it should be done, but the game has allowed anything goes to stop getting hit in chi-sao..
    never done chi sao with SK so can't comment on his ability and will leave that to others, also not saying I agree with you re the clip, but taking your post in isolation from the clip I'd disagree with your comment re the palm on arms making it more difficult to hit. I love it when partners do this during chi sao as it makes it really easy to open gaps to the centre and even easier to slip through once the gap is open whilst at the same time reducing the danger as there is no forwarding.
    Last edited by wingchunIan; 02-13-2013 at 01:50 AM.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

SK is my sigung so chi sao'd, seminared etc with him many times over 28 years. So I repsect him loads but I respect many wing chun greats and still have my own mind. We are not clones.

Lets just say each person is different, you mind and body will make your wing chun unique.

Hands on is good for controlling lesser skilled partners and if you know the dangers you can play a good game. Its not where I want my chi sau going but am guity of playing that style now and again

Paul
    www.moifa.co.uk

Hi

In my opinion hands on arms is a sure sign your partner or person you are performing chi sau with has really no idea what they are doing. To go from forearm to forearm range to actually holding someone off with your hands shows a real lack of control of your own center! If you cant close your center and work chi sau with it shut then go back to basics and start again or you will never really understand the point of chi sau.

Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhalliwell View Post
    Hi

In my opinion hands on arms is a sure sign your partner or person you are performing chi sau with has really no idea what they are doing. To go from forearm to forearm range to actually holding someone off with your hands shows a real lack of control of your own center! If you cant close your center and work chi sau with it shut then go back to basics and start again or you will never really understand the point of chi sau.

Jim.
    Exactly, its using " hands " not elbows ; )

Yet another eye opening thread...

No point in sharing my views here as 'Uncle' Sam Kwok can, and does, speak for himself.

What is tiring is reading the same old stuff from the same old people it's no wonder this forum doesn't have the exchange and learning potential it once did
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tF-4jnNHhE

have to agree with a lot on here most of the wing chun I see is absolute useless!

Jim

Jeez don't you PB guys ever stop with the crap?

Hands on forearms makes it hard to hit? Boo! Hoo! poor Kev to have such low skills after all these years of chest pounding. Oh please Mister Wrestler grabbing my arms isn't fair! I can't hit you if you control my arms! Please let go so I can show my great chi sao skills that only work if you do what you are supposed to do. Waa! Waa! Waa!

Oh! No! Sam is violating some chi sao law invented by the PB wing chun police!

By the way where is this list of chi sao laws you all seem to claim to be in force. Only use elbows not wrists blah blah blah.

If you have skills you should be able to adapt to any style of chi sao, any fighting situation.

Complaining that someone doesn't do it the way you do it and therefore what they do is no good is childish and like the bully that would kick you ass except right now he can't because he is in his good clothes.

Enough of how great you are Kev and/or Jim and /or all the other PBers ,all the folks you hit in chi sao. Big FFing deal. Everyone gets hit sometime.

I teach out of a well known MMA school. Come visit I can put you in the ring against all manner of folks to spar with and you can actually show us these great chi sao skills. Of course pigs may fly one day too but I don't think I will be around to see that either.

To everyone else reading this I apologize for the rant but I just can't take the PBers anymore.
    Last edited by hunt1; 02-13-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhalliwell View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tF-4jnNHhE

have to agree with a lot on here most of the wing chun I see is absolute useless!

Jim
    @2:40 Haaaa! It's Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1 View Post
    Jeez don't you PB guys ever stop with the crap?

Hands on forearms makes it hard to hit? Boo! Hoo! poor Kev to have such low skills after all these years of chest pounding. Oh please Mister Wrestler grabbing my arms isn't fair! I can't hit you if you control my arms! Please let go so I can show my great chi sao skills that only work if you do what you are supposed to do. Waa! Waa! Waa!

Oh! No! Sam is violating some chi sao law invented by the PB wing chun police!

By the way where is this list of chi sao laws you all seem to claim to be in force. Only use elbows not wrists blah blah blah.

If you have skills you should be able to adapt to any style of chi sao, any fighting situation.

Complaining that someone doesn't do it the way you do it and therefore what they do is no good is childish and like the bully that would kick you ass except right now he can't because he is in his good clothes.

Enough of how great you are Kev and/or Jim and /or all the other PBers ,all the folks you hit in chi sao. Big FFing deal. Everyone gets hit sometime.

I teach out of a well known MMA school. Come visit I can put you in the ring against all manner of folks to spar with and you can actually show us these great chi sao skills. Of course pigs may fly one day too but I don't think I will be around to see that either.

To everyone else reading this I apologize for the rant but I just can't take the PBers anymore.

Hi
    Im not a bayer student by the way. Also if you feel tough because you have been to an mma gym all power to you.
    Jim

Sorry Jim not a PBers but I bet part of the WSL police dept. just the same.

Instead of posting how everyone that doesn't do it your way sux why don't you post exactly what you see them doing that you don't agree with and why?

Tough where do you get that from. teaching in a gym that has good amateurs and professional fighters both pro boxers and UFC means that what I do is tested.

If I teach how to deal with boxers my students get to spar with real boxers not the nonsense that is touted as boxing in most of the online clips you see. When we deal with grappling we actually deal with folks who can really grapple. A huge difference from the fantasy that's out there. And there in lies the difference between us.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1 View Post
    Sorry Jim not a PBers but I bet part of the WSL police dept. just the same.

Instead of posting how everyone that doesn't do it your way sux why don't you post exactly what you see them doing that you don't agree with and why?

Tough where do you get that from. teaching in a gym that has good amateurs and professional fighters both pro boxers and UFC means that what I do is tested.

If I teach how to deal with boxers my students get to spar with real boxers not the nonsense that is touted as boxing in most of the online clips you see. When we deal with grappling we actually deal with folks who can really grapple. A huge difference from the fantasy that's out there. And there in lies the difference between us.
    Hi

you have real issues with Bayer don't you?
    Get over it you may learn something from him one day!

Jim.

Why do WC roll during chi sao? I don't get what it is meant to emulate or what the purpose is. Has bugged me for sometime....