Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elbow MRI results

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    in the absence of trauma, idiopathic degredation at one joint can be due to dysfunction of another joint nearby or even more distant, leading to abnormal tensional / compressional forces at the joint in question;
    That sounds kind of along the lines of what I was thinking, ie. it's somehow related to my shoulder issue/rehab.

as far as glucosamine, my question has always been as to how this supplement finds its way through ur digestive system into the offending joint in question with such specificity...my personal experience with patients taking it is that either it doesn't work, or they feel better way to quickly for it not to be placebo effect (which is an excellent method of decreasing systemic inflammation, so it's not that it's not real, it's just a different mechanism...);
    I've heard all sorts of stuff like that. I can tell you though that our last dog had arthritis, and my mom started giving her a glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM pill on the recommendation of our vet, and my mom said that there was a big improvement in her mobility. Animals don't get a placebo effect.

One more question for you:

I got a massage a few days ago and ever since I've been having tingling in my left hand throughout the day. It's mostly in my pinky and ring finger (ulnar nerve) but also occasionally in the others/thumb.

About a year ago I had some symptoms of ulnar nerve entrapment that would randomly come and go, but for the most part they went away after a few weeks of doing nerve glide exercises throughout the day and taking vitamin B. I hadn't really thought about it much since then until it started back up the other day.

Did the masseuse do something wrong or is this somehow related to my elbow? I read that arthritis in the elbow can increase your chances of having nerve issues.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    what about the vit. C? it's a major building block for collogen (sp?) right?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

do u warm up ur joints beforer training bro? u ever take anti inflammatories?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Tgy

Whats your problem man I simply told him whats worked for this other man , Magnesium and Calcium are harmless Minerals found in every day foods, Vit C is water soluble and Vinegar is used in many homeopathic remedies, it changes PH balance. There is more to this world than just PT, broaden your horizons, we all want each other to be healthy , just cause you may not know something dont try to discredit others for what they know. Or make people look stupid, that is unprofessional and not Cool at that.

Iron Fist Look up Cartilage Reconditioning and restoration by Corley and Kelsey in Austin Texas they are PT's who have worked with a # of athletes in Austin and were able to help alot with this type of thing Jeez. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    what about the vit. C? it's a major building block for collogen (sp?) right?
    Yeah man, in post 12 I replied to you and asked if I should take it at the same time as the other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    do u warm up ur joints beforer training bro? u ever take anti inflammatories?
    Yeah I warm up. I always start with a few lighter sets before I get to the work sets.

As for anti inflammatories, I don't really take NSAIDs that much cuz I have some IBS type issues. Plus, most of what I've read about NSAIDs suggest that while they eliminate pain in the short term, they prevent things from healing as well as they would have otherwise.

As for anti inflammatory food, I take fish oil, I eat spicy food a few times a week (I cut up jalepeno and serrano peppers and eat them on crackers with cheese), and I put lots of fresh garlic on stuff (fresh garlic I just cut up, not store bought garlic powder or diced garlic).

I've tried a few other "anti-inflammatory" things. Bromelain didn't make any noticeable difference and at higher doses gave me heart palpitations. Curcumin upset my stomach even at low doses, and it can have some other side effects that made me not really want to take it.

I take ginger a few times a week but that's mostly when I'm having stomach issues. I haven't noticed any anti-inflammatory effects.

I'm open to other anti-inflammatory suggestions.
    Last edited by IronFist; 12-31-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Maybe look into tumeric for anti inflammatory.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Whats your problem man I simply told him whats worked for this other man
    yes, but then you stated: "Try it can't hurt you." I asked you how u could possibly make that claim with any validity; which, of course, you can't

it's not about me broadening my horizons, it's about you improving your reading comprehension, which SUCKS - EVERY time I respond to you about something, you get it WRONG, because you just DON'T READ WHAT I WRITE; this is why I have basically no respect for you, your discipline in argument is sloppy as hell, you misconstrue what I (and others) say all the time, and you lack any semblance of critical analysis when you respond; I understand that English isn't your primary language (at least, my Lord, I HOPE it isn't), which is fine, but then I would suggest you work a little harder to get what someone writes before you draw incorrect conclusions;

and if you were actually paying attention, you'd notice that I don't critique the supplements themselves: for all we know, they may work; what i took issue with was how you recommended them with your "it's all good" attitude; I suggested he enlist the services of a professional trained in supplementation as opposed to just trying out something because someone online said it was a good idea; let me ask you, which approach seems more REASONABLE?

so "jeez" right back atcha

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    One more question for you:

I got a massage a few days ago and ever since I've been having tingling in my left hand throughout the day. It's mostly in my pinky and ring finger (ulnar nerve) but also occasionally in the others/thumb.

About a year ago I had some symptoms of ulnar nerve entrapment that would randomly come and go, but for the most part they went away after a few weeks of doing nerve glide exercises throughout the day and taking vitamin B. I hadn't really thought about it much since then until it started back up the other day.

Did the masseuse do something wrong or is this somehow related to my elbow? I read that arthritis in the elbow can increase your chances of having nerve issues.
    I have no idea; it's entirely possible that the LMT irritated something ( logically if the LMT did something u would have felt it when he did it, it's just as possible that being face down on the table irritated something in the neck / shoulder / arm (esp if you got up from the table and felt the symptoms immediately); it's equally possible that it has nothing to do with it, that maybe afterwards when u had more extensibility of ur tissues due to the work, and u did something urself that caused the irritation;

who knows? impossible to say without (again) examining u;

That sounds kind of along the lines of what I was thinking, ie. it's somehow related to my shoulder issue/rehab.
    in my personal experience this is not uncommon - again, wud hav to look at u to be able to say anything definitive;

Animals don't get a placebo effect.
    I've wondered about that for some time; don't they? animals are very sensitive to owner's mood - if the owner gives the pet a medicine that makes the owner feel better about having done so, I wouldn't discount the pet picking up on that and having a "placebo" effect occur as a result (owner happier = pet happier)...

if you are desperate for recovery i would suggest getting some hgh.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    Cartilage-producing cells can be cultured in a laboratory and placed into a hole in the cartilage. These cells then stimulate the growth of cartilage, filling the hole in some cases.
    o rly?

Wait is that the stem cell thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    Maybe look into tumeric for anti inflammatory.
    Turmeric upsets my stomach, too.

That's what they get curcumin from. I think curcumin is the active thing in turmeric.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Iron Fist Look up Cartilage Reconditioning and restoration by Corley and Kelsey in Austin Texas they are PT's who have worked with a # of athletes in Austin and were able to help alot with this type of thing Jeez. KC
    Do you have a link? When I Googled that all I got was this thread

edit - think I found it.
    Last edited by IronFist; 01-01-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Iron Fist

I may be a Nutritionist as well as PT for all you know, I wouldnt suggest something If I thought the guy was a Moron and didnt do his own research which he is. There are few if any allergic reactions to Minerals and none to Vitamin C That I have found research on . Vinegar maybe but very unlikely. I appologize but your critique of my English is rude and uncalled for. We have 2 different views of this problem and that in my opinion is a good thing. But to be overly critical is a fault in my opinion and slows learning. Any way Iron Fist look the number up of Corley and Kelsey and mention the name Doug Feick pronounced FIKE They may just tell you something over the phone that might help. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !