Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elbow MRI results

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Yeah man, in post 12 I replied to you and asked if I should take it at the same time as the other stuff
    lol, i know. i was mostly aiming to get TGY's .02 on the Vit. C aspect of soft tissue repair.

as far as when, idk. since it leaves the body fairly quickly i'd try to have a source of it w/ every meal???
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I may be a Nutritionist as well as PT for all you know, I wouldnt suggest something If I thought the guy was a Moron and didnt do his own research which he is. There are few if any allergic reactions to Minerals and none to Vitamin C That I have found research on . Vinegar maybe but very unlikely. I appologize but your critique of my English is rude and uncalled for. We have 2 different views of this problem and that in my opinion is a good thing. But to be overly critical is a fault in my opinion and slows learning.
    Hope that wasn't aimed at me (your post was titled "Iron Fist").

Any way Iron Fist look the number up of Corley and Kelsey and mention the name Doug Feick pronounced FIKE They may just tell you something over the phone that might help. KC
    Will do, thanks!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Iron Fist

I may be a Nutritionist as well as PT for all you know, I wouldnt suggest something If I thought the guy was a Moron and didnt do his own research which he is. There are few if any allergic reactions to Minerals and none to Vitamin C That I have found research on . Vinegar maybe but very unlikely. I appologize but your critique of my English is rude and uncalled for. We have 2 different views of this problem and that in my opinion is a good thing. But to be overly critical is a fault in my opinion and slows learning. Any way Iron Fist look the number up of Corley and Kelsey and mention the name Doug Feick pronounced FIKE They may just tell you something over the phone that might help. KC
    Hope that wasn't aimed at me (your post was titled "Iron Fist").
    oh no, my critique regarding your capacity for accurate written communication isn't at all salient...

Good luck with the supplements.
    Personally I have tried them all in various forms and dosages over the last few years because of my shoulder and knees issues and none have made any noticeable difference.
    I hope you can get some benefit from them.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    oh no, my critique regarding your capacity for accurate written communication isn't at all salient...
    Wait, I asked a question about something kwaichang wrote and you replied using "I"?

Either joke is on me or I'm super confused

Wait, I asked a question about something kwaichang wrote and you replied using "I"?

Either joke is on me or I'm super confused
    Taai was being sarcastic VS Lee since Lee attributed to YOU his post that was suppose to be towards Taai.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Good luck with the supplements.
    Personally I have tried them all in various forms and dosages over the last few years because of my shoulder and knees issues and none have made any noticeable difference.
    I hope you can get some benefit from them.
    your personal experience would correlate with all extant valid and reliable research regarding the issue; as I said before, patients of mine who have taken glucosamine have noted almost immediate improvement in their joint symptoms, without realizing that there's no way there could have been cartilage replacement in such a short time...

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Taai was being sarcastic VS Lee since Lee attributed to YOU his post that was suppose to be towards Taai.
    the correct by Ronin, qi blasted it is

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    your personal experience would correlate with all extant valid and reliable research regarding the issue; as I said before, patients of mine who have taken glucosamine have noted almost immediate improvement in their joint symptoms, without realizing that there's no way there could have been cartilage replacement in such a short time...

the correct by Ronin, qi blasted it is

I've read that glucosamine sulfate triggers an anti-inflammatory mechanism upon initial transport into the bursae.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

GC and MSM

I have read it works but the blood supply to cartilage is poor so the mechanism of pain relief has to be another way in the short run, in the Long run Cartilage regeneration is possible with the use of low load long duration activities. , for knees the use of a Total Gym at low levels with closed chain activities has shown to promote cartilage regeneration and growth. This is a long duration in Rx. Glucosamine more than likely promotes the expulsion of Viscous fluids of the injured / inflamed joint. Replacing thim with nutrient rich fluids. From what I have read so this promotes decreased pain and cartilage rejuvination. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

I found a collagen supplement that has supposedly been shown to regenerate cartilage, and supposedly they have before/after MRIs to show that it works

It's called "Fortigel" and contains collagen hydrolyzate. I'm trying to figure out if that's the same thing as Jello.

http://www.fortigel.com/en/fortigel/...fic-proof.html
    http://flexeze.co.uk/flexeze-fortify...-research.html
    http://www.ergo-log.com/collagensupplements.html

I saw it in some products on UK websites, but the only thing I found in the US is made by Swanson and is called "Joint Health Drink Mix with Fortigel" and is $20 for 30 servings, 10g each, so that's not a bad price if it actually works.

I had heard that cartilage cannot be regrown (without stem cells).
    Last edited by IronFist; 01-02-2013 at 07:24 PM.

I may be a Nutritionist as well as PT for all you know, I wouldnt suggest something If I thought the guy was a Moron and didnt do his own research which he is. There are few if any allergic reactions to Minerals and none to Vitamin C That I have found research on . Vinegar maybe but very unlikely. I appologize but your critique of my English is rude and uncalled for. We have 2 different views of this problem and that in my opinion is a good thing. But to be overly critical is a fault in my opinion and slows learning. Any way Iron Fist look the number up of Corley and Kelsey and mention the name Doug Feick pronounced FIKE They may just tell you something over the phone that might help. KC
    I emailed him. He suggested a prolotherapy doctor.

Anyone know anything about that? It seems to be mentioned a lot online but I can't find any info about it other than doctors offering it or people joining forums to say "holy cow it cured me when nothing else did" and never posting again.

I would like to learn more.

Prolo

a very safe modality that uses sterile Glucose laden H2O that causes a localized inflammatory response that promotes the production of cellular healing components in the area. Very effective for ligament , labral tears etc. as well as knee and tendon problems helps with stability of SI joints. There is a good one in Nashville named Johnson and a good one in Austin as well , I cant remember his name. Call them and see what they think PM me ur phone # I can talk better than I can type KC

I understand the theory, I just want to know if actually works or if it's like, you know, color light therapy or whatever (where they shine different colored light bulbs on you and it cures you).

My tendons and ligaments are fine. Does it work on cartilage? What if there isn't much cartilage left?

The place by me in Chicago can add platelet rich plasma or stem cells to the prolotherapy (increases the cost). Can regular prolotherapy regenerate cartilage or are stem cells required?

It may work there are some studies promoting the use of stem cells with it but I am still out on that one. I do know it is not Voodoo , and works. KC

Btw

There is a possibility that your capsule or tendons or ligaments are what is causing the pain , many people have artritis and have no pain, and often there are young people with arthritis that have no pain. Therefore it may not be the joint itself that is causing the pain. Just a thought. KC