Thread: Django Unchained

Threaded View

Django Unchained

I liked this movie a lot.

First off, it isn't related at all to the original Django movie(s); it is only related due to the lead character's (Jamie Foxx) name only. Tarantino also borrowed tracks from old spaghetti westerns, including the original Django theme by Luis Bacalov, the Day of Anger theme by Riz Ortolani, and other work by Ennio Morricone, etc. He does this a lot in his movies, and I must say that QT has good musical tastes.

I won't go into a full review, but only say that I rate a movie by how engrossed I became in it, and the percentage or bored time to interested time. I can't say that I was bored at any point in the film, but YMMV. As with all of QT's works, the big features are the long stretches of dialogue with the occasional sudden violence.

All the actors did excellent work. Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DeCaprio, etc. Even the original Django, Franco Nero, makes a very brief guest appearance. But IMO, the actor who stole the show was Samual L. Jackson.

I don't necessarily like all of Tarantino's films, but this is one of those that I definitely put into the excellent category.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 12-30-2012 at 11:19 AM.