Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A question about speed/power

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    you answered what you would do, and i answered what i would answer. contemplate on the tree of woe.
    But honestly what i would do is walk on by. That's what any person trying to get through the rain would do. Thanks for the information on bil jee though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ero View Post
    My Sifu said my qi was strong so he would train me. He's teaching me a technique im not allowed to speak specifics on, but it makes you invulnerable. He learned it from a guy ordained from the Dali lama.
    How can you be sure it will truly make you invulnerable? The only way to be certain he is not lying to you is to stab him in the heart when he's not expecting it. If the blade of the knife breaks, your sifu has truly mastered invincibility and is qualified to teach you. If he dies, he was a charlatan and unworthy of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    How can you be sure it will truly make you invulnerable? The only way to be certain he is not lying to you is to stab him in the heart when he's not expecting it. If the blade of the knife breaks, your sifu has truly mastered invincibility and is qualified to teach you. If he dies, he was a charlatan and unworthy of your time.
    If he was lying to me i wouldn't be here asking questions. I'm not some nieve kid. I've seen proof with my own eyes. You can still be cut, just they arent gashes. There's science behind it too. Just dont want to reveal that to everybody.

I'm curious as to what Cobra Kai Iron Body train consists of. Are you at liberty to discuss that?

I'm curious as to what Cobra Kai Iron Body train consists of. Are you at liberty to discuss that?
    Yeah. There is this stuff my sifu gives me to rub all over my body and arms. Then i have a 12 inch iron rod that i gently tap across the outside and inside of my arm i do this all over my body until all is very tender. Then while at home everyday i must raise a 25 bag of sand with my hand in different motions on a slanted desk. I had the desk he gave me the 25 pound bag and a handwritten pamphlet by him on how to train my hands. I do it religiously, i can honestly say my hands feel tougher as i can. And for 30 minutes a day i put my hand in sand and grab as hard as i can, pull out. Pit hand in sand grab as hard as i can pull out. Repeat over and over for full 30 minutes. This was actually a thing bruce lee did.

Edit : My sifu also has been training me for free. If it weren't for him i'd probably be in jail right now.

Iron body/leg/palm ect. all works. There's nothing mystical about it. It's simply conditioning exercises. A lot of it can be replicated with modern training equipment, the old way is just usually cooler and more hardcore.

...the Chinese preferred multiple downward elbow strikes.
    That is Muay Thai!! Didn't you watch Ong Bak?

Cut umbrella in half give him half with stick, walk away.
    If you are unable to cut the stick in half as well you are not ready to learn!

I'm not some nieve kid.
    Yes you are! That you cannot see that you are naive, demonstrates that you are naive!

Yeah. There is this stuff my sifu gives me to rub all over my body and arms.
    That is called Olive Oil. You are to rub all over your body while he is films you from hiding. Then he posts it on his ghey website!

My sifu also has been training me for free. If it weren't for him i'd probably be in jail right now.
    You are already in jail, you just don't know it yet!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 01-02-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    That is Muay Thai!! Didn't you watch Ong Bak?
    Yes, I did. It was awesome. A baby elephant got thrown.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    ahhh, i remember when i used to work in an office and had too much time on my hands...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

cobra kai kung fu

Cobra Kai Kung Fu

COBRA KAI KUNG FU

COBRA KAI KUNG FU
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I thought someone from of this community might have some helpful input into my actual question. It seems as though this isn't the case for this question.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    hahahahahahaha
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I thought someone from of this community might have some helpful input into my actual question. It seems as though this isn't the case for this question.
    Your basic question was how do I keep my speed but make my punches stronger.

Add resistance.

If your not hitting a heavy bag then start hitting one. If it's easy then hit a heavier bag. Do pushups, lift weights, pull on those rubber stretch-exercise bands, go up to your neck in water and practice punching there. If your training speed, developing a stronger punch shouldn't slow you down. Unless of course your current punch is weak with poor technique, in which case you need to go back to scratch and rework it properly.

Work the mechanics of the punch. Don't throw the punch faster than you can while keeping good form. That's counter productive. Punch as fast as you can with perfect technique. Then make it faster. (Maintaining good technique.) Work it.

I will not do more harm than good, I will not do more harm than good, I will not do more harm than good, I will not....

If you hadn't lied in your first post people here would probably take you more seriously. In fact, most of us here think you are either a troll, or immature to the point of near psychosis.

You do NOT workout 10 hours a day. Even if you could maintain the proper mental focus for that kind of training program, at age 17, which you clearly cannot, you could not eat enough, drink enough, or rest enough for those workouts to be meaningfully beneficial.

You are either lying, then, or your workouts are so poor you are wasting most of that time.

If you are training at a facility that calls itself Cobra Kai, you are either lying or you are exceedingly stupid to be training at a facility that markets itself after A$$holes from a 30 year old fantasy movie!

If you are in anyway sincere you have greater needs than to learn how to punch with speed and power while being the strongest man in the world!

You require some serious maturity. Apparently you suffer from poor parenting and mentoring. So find an adult that will not indulge you in your fantasy life and encourage to educate yourself and to grow up.

Being the strongest and fastest fighter, human being, in the world will not give you what you are looking for, it didn't help Mike Tyson and it won't help you to become a complete human being that no longer feels insecure and inadequate. Power does not give you self-esteem, and character or maturity. In fact, power in the hands of someone with your level of maturity will get you either in jail or killed.

That is, assuming you are sincere and not a blooming troll, of course.