Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a true TCMA lover?

Blog Entries

Do you maintain enough alert?

If you do the following daily, you are a true TCMA lover:

- You use your head to open all your doors.
    - You stand in horse stance when going to bathroom.
    - You constantly let your right hand to fight against your left hand.
    - When you talk to your friends on the dinner table, your palm heel constantly hit on the table.
    - You always carry certain weapon 24/7.
    - You won't let any stranger to be in 2 feet distance.
    - You always shake both hands with your friend's single hand.
    - You always keep your eyes open when you sleep.
    - You won't let anybody to open or close car door for you.
    - When someone serves tea to you, you always touch your hand on his tea pot holding wrist.
    - In movie theatre, you always sit next to the exit door.
    - You will never eat in any restaurent if you don't know the cook.
    - You will never put your body part near any girl's teeth.
    - When making love, you will never let your girl to wrap her legs around your waist.

Is our generation too soft and not alert enough? What's your thought?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 01-05-2013 at 01:12 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Sounds like me when I was 16

I'm more relaxed nowadays though.

I had a friend who used to wear body armor all the time, and never took off his jacket. He carried a Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 special with high powered hand loads along with other weapons.

All the couches in his house were "lumpy" and there was a plastic bag in his toilet tank in case he needed extra firepower while taking a dump.

He built and carried an RF jammer with him. He slept on a blanket on top of a rifle locker. And he ate freeze dried hamburgers and MREs.

He kept night vision in his car, and had his lights set up so he could he could turn off his headlights and drive by infrared.

He also practiced Wing Chun and Kuk Sool Won.

Blog Entries
    When you shake hand with a stranger, he can use his upper arm to smash at your elbow joint and hurt your arm badly. He can also use his palm heel to push on your thumb and break your thumb. I always use both of my hands to shake people's single hand. Most people just think I'm extreamly "humble and polite". The truth is I want to make sure that my opponent won't play any dirty trick on me.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When you shake hand with a stranger, he can use his upper arm to smash at your elbow joint and hurt your arm badly. He can also use his palm heel to push on your thumb and break your thumb. I always use both of my hands to shake people's single hand. Most people just think I'm extreamly "humble and polite". The truth is I want to make sure that my opponent won't play any dirty trick on me.
    When I shake hands I always touch the elbow. More of a behavioral power move than a defense tho. But I do have great position if need be. switch grip, twist, pull, use other hand to lock elbow. Control them etc etc...

Also, just out of sheer habit, I always know who's around me and I rarely let anyone get too close if there isn't a good reason. I mean, you ride a packed train, it is what it is. If we are walking in an empty parking lot and you get withing ten feet of me and not passing thru, but maintaining range, I am acutely aware. I use reflections, listen, check shadows. All just habits from the good ol days when it was actually prudent. Now, it's just how I do. I sit in a restaurant, I choose to have my back to a wall and preferable face the entrance. When you see somebody taking pot shots in a crowded club or restaurant, you don't forget shit like that for awhile.
    Last edited by Syn7; 01-05-2013 at 01:28 AM.

you guys are paranoid. I shake hands then slowly close my eyes nodding my head calmly knowing my qi can be felt throughout the room
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

We had a short-timer once. Johnny I-forget-his-name. He wore a flak jacket, two helmets and armor underwear. Ashau Valley... your time's up, your time is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I’ve sent a lot of overzealous men down to their knees with that... watch the wonderful reaction/whimper you’ll get from that person.

The ‘ginger fist’ really works.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    you guys are paranoid. I shake hands then slowly close my eyes nodding my head calmly knowing my qi can be felt throughout the room
    HA, and your forcefield of an aura keeps them 3 feet back anyways. Like magnets repelling eachother.

I don't mean to be like that and I don't feel any sense of danger really. There was a time when I did have a reason, and it just kinda stuck. But I like breaking stuff down like that anyways. I'm a total people watcher. Try to figure em out. I love just being invisible in a room full of people. Fitting in just enough that I'm barely even noticed. People do funny shit.

You could read his intent and counter even if you don't already have your other hand on his.

If he means you harm, and you already are prepared to grapple, he will more likely will hit first, or at least feint before followup.

I shook hands with a very senior Praying Mantis teacher in China one time. I used two hands out of habit. He used one hand and grabbed my fingers early instead of my whole hand. I could feel that my handshake would not have control because my first hand did not have a real grip. My two hands were occupied by his one and he could have attacked first. In just 5 seconds of introduction and handshake it was clear that I should not try to attack him, even though I had no such intent. It was a good free lesson, wordless and very Praying Mantis.

Another time, I was in Chinatown and had to meet an association elder when my father passed away. When I shook hands, I could feel my own force, and I also could feel a complete emptiness of force in the elder. Very unsettling, and it made me instantly rethink the western convention of a solid handshake.

Very interesting how and when people teach lessons. Also interesting if people learn them.
    Last edited by -N-; 01-06-2013 at 03:39 AM.

- When making love, you will never let your girl to wrap her legs around your waist.
    Shouldn't matter if you "subdue" her until she has to beg you to stop. Seriously. You can read her, no?

- You will never put your body part near any girl's teeth.
    Is our generation too soft and not alert enough? What's your thought?
    Wait what?!?!?
    If I had a girl's teeth near my body part, I'd be alert and not soft at all.

IMO, there is positive, above-normal alertness, and then there is total, life-engulfing paranoia. It always pays to be aware, but when you become OCD about it, then I think it becomes an issue. Then it can take over your whole life, like an agoraphobic.

Like when you're driving, if you're a good driver, you should always be aware, but without having to be so paranoid about it that you can barely function on the road. Properly integrated, such that you take proper measures without even having to think about it.

No, I don't sit next to the exit at a movie theater (for example), but I do sit near a route that leads outside. If you sit near the exit, you'll be right next to the bottom corner of the screen and have a lousy seat. Otherwise, why go at all?

There are just certain things that I do out of habit to ensure my safety above and beyond the norm, but I'm not obsessed with it.

I also firmly believe that when you constantly think about something strongly enough, you can and do draw it to you, whether good or bad. It seems to work that way.

jimbo situational awareness is a great trait and must have when you train for anything combat type influence.

I also firmly believe that when you constantly think about something strongly enough, you can and do draw it to you, whether good or bad. It seems to work that way

this is simply law of attraction, Newtonian physics
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    jimbo situational awareness is a great trait and must have when you train for anything combat type influence.
    Agreed about that. And I also agree with many of the things YKW listed in the OP. But for some (and I'm not saying YKW or anyone else here) it can become all-consuming. Unless you're in a combat zone (and yes, some neighborhoods ARE basically combat zones), or have a very dangerous occupation, to be in a constant state of red alert can be counterproductive, health-wise. I'd say my own awareness generally hovers between yellow and orange (white being non-awareness, like most people). It can move up the 'chart' very quickly, though.

I'm only mentioning this because I knew someone who was way over-paranoid about everything.

I professionally work security, bounce tons of night clubs and body guarded for for since the 90's When I'm working I'm on point, scanning room, watching how people walk, where there hands are bulging jackets, the works, but socially i don't feel to be on guard as much, but the older you get the more you relax you become.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan