Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Some observations on TCMA

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post

I just let my wife (she has black belt in Chinese wrestling) to take me down by using exactly the same move few seconds ago. I had tried to drag her down when I fell. Since my right knee joint was bending sideway. I had no pulling power left.
    Kinky *******...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Kinky *******...
    I have to put myself on the receiving side to verify all possibilities before I put up my post.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    if John is willing to video the technique at realistic speed and VS a resisting opponent, ...
    I'll try to do that in my next Sunday class. It will be either student against another student or a teacher against a student. Combat speed will be possible but I just don't know it will meet the "full resisting opponent" requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    Why don't you go meet YouKnowWho in person and show us how its done.
    I love to meet people who loves "combat".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 01-23-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

I'll try to do that in my next Sunday class. It will be either student against another student or a teacher against a student. Combat speed will be possible but I just don't know it will meet the "full resisting opponent" requirement.
    I'm trying this tech tonight (and taping it), but I'm reluctant to try it anywhere near full speed. The angle of the knee and the possibility to cause injury makes me nervous about using it full out. A person's knee isn't designed to bend in that direction.

... as he fell ...

Now you are talking about a complete different scenario here. When my opponent's right knee joint is bending sideway, I'll go down with him but my body will be on his right side. I just don't see any possibility that he could pull me to his left.
    You're quote sums up my thought which is how can a person go across their hyper extended knee to get your back? It's not possible. It's not like you're going to pause at the 6-9 second mark to give them the opportunity. You're driving down against their knee that whole time.
    Last edited by MightyB; 01-23-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    shuai jiao is a competition sport....

do u even kung fu
    Bawang and me on the same side of an argument?!?!?!? It is the end bro, the end!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    I'm trying this tech tonight (and taping it), but I'm reluctant to try it anywhere near full speed. The angle of the knee and the possibility to cause injury makes me nervous about using it full out. A person's knee isn't designed to bend in that direction.
    Here we go. Setting up the spin machine already.

You're quote sums up my thought which is how can a person go across their hyper extended knee to get your back? It's not possible. It's not like you're going to pause at the 6-9 second mark to give them the opportunity. You're driving down against their knee that whole time.

Of course you're not going to pause. The opponent is going to be shucking you and getting his positioning as you are moving.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Jabs are proven to work. There are hundreds of thousands of examples of jabs working in real time situations.

There is not one single example of this technique being done in a real time environment.
    http://www.56.com/u74/v_Nzg4ODA1MzU.html

Jump ahead to the 2 minute mark.

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish View Post
    http://www.56.com/u74/v_Nzg4ODA1MzU.html

Jump ahead to the 2 minute mark.
    That wasn't a "shin bite". That was a foot sweep followed by grabbing the foot to a takedown.

Completely different principles and mechanics.
    Last edited by LaRoux; 01-23-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Sure. Whatever helps ya sleep at night.

So anyways, here's another instructional on the technique:
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ktBsXcu13hc/

The video is titled: Liu Qinghai - "biting"

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Here we go. Setting up the spin machine already.
    ho hum, post your vid, or your name. Oh wait! You're a troll with nothing to back up any of your claims, theories or thoughts.

I'd have no reservations using the tech full out on you btw. Door's always open.

From page 10 ( because LaFroix or whatever is proving this point again ):

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    ...So no, no one will ever be able to show you a successful TCMA sport fighter; simply because you will refuse to see it. Someone can show you a fighter with several years of TCMA background. Someone can show you a pro fighter who claims he comes from such and such background and calls himself traditional; and uses techniques inherent to said system...but your always going to say he's doing MT, kick boxing or boxing. Regardless of what his history is.

Apparently, if I train Kung Fu for 15 years; and a boxer holds mitts for me for a couple of sessions; then all my fight training is boxing.

And Bacon, you talk out of both sides of your mouth. You say TCMA isn't applicable to fighting; but speak about what benefits WC gives you as an overall fighter.

And that makes sense to you????

Sure. Whatever helps ya sleep at night.

So anyways, here's another instructional on the technique:
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ktBsXcu13hc/

The video is titled: Liu Qinghai - "biting"
    Again, completely different principles than the original clip that was shown here.

The principles and technique on the clip that you just showed are absolutely valid and workable- unlike the earlier clip that was posted in this thread.

From page 10 ( because LaFroix or whatever is proving this point again ):
    Please see several of my posts (the one above this being one of them) where clips were posted of techniques that I said were perfectly valid.

It's actually the opposite. All of the TCMA nutridders will claim anything is valid as long as it comes from TCMA. Doesn't seem to matter if it is complete junk and there is zero evidence of it actually being used in real time.
    Last edited by LaRoux; 01-23-2013 at 04:19 PM.

I'd have no reservations using the tech full out on you btw. Door's always open.
    Oh, Oh!!!! An internet tough guy who is going to use his too deadly to use in training technique on me. Now I'm impressed with your technique. That sure made all the difference. Now I'm convinced.
    Last edited by LaRoux; 01-23-2013 at 04:20 PM.