Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flu pandemic 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Ill pass on anything that contains mercury and other crap that is not worth putting in your body.
    They make mercury (thimerosal) free flu shots. You usually have to call around to a couple pharmacies until you find one that has them, though.

But yeah, agreed on the avoiding mercury part.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    It's been weird. Started with a migrane. Migrane went away. Felt fine for a day. On to Sore throat progressing for about three days of runny nose and general exhaustion. one day of feeling fine. Sneezing and coughing for two days. One day of very dry sinuses and eyes. One day feeling fine. Back to general exhaustion today.
    Oh man that sucks. Drink tea!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    It's been weird. Started with a migrane. Migrane went away. Felt fine for a day. On to Sore throat progressing for about three days of runny nose and general exhaustion. one day of feeling fine. Sneezing and coughing for two days. One day of very dry sinuses and eyes. One day feeling fine. Back to general exhaustion today.
    I had something similar a few months ago.

Headache one morning that lasted for most of the day. By the evning I was having chills, body aches, eye aches, pain in the sides of my lower back, and I spent the evening wrapped up in blankets on the couch wearing a winter hat with a space heater and still shivering. Movement made everything worse.

The next day I was feeling 90% back to normal. I had minor symptoms for a few days until one night it all came back again, fever, headache that got worse anytime I moved and pulsed with my heartbeat, chills.

This repeated a few times over like 12 days. I'd feel 90% better for a few days and them the flu symptoms and fever would come back for like 24 hours.

As soon as the first symptoms appeared I began treating it with Sambucol, hydrogen peroxide in the ears, lots of garlic in everything, soup, tea with honey, and fruit smoothies with vitamins in them.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    I had something similar a few months ago.

Headache one morning that lasted for most of the day. By the evning I was having chills, body aches, eye aches, pain in the sides of my lower back, and I spent the evening wrapped up in blankets on the couch wearing a winter hat with a space heater and still shivering. Movement made everything worse.

The next day I was feeling 90% back to normal. I had minor symptoms for a few days until one night it all came back again, fever, headache that got worse anytime I moved and pulsed with my heartbeat, chills.

This repeated a few times over like 12 days. I'd feel 90% better for a few days and them the flu symptoms and fever would come back for like 24 hours.

As soon as the first symptoms appeared I began treating it with Sambucol, hydrogen peroxide in the ears, lots of garlic in everything, soup, tea with honey, and fruit smoothies with vitamins in them.
    Off topic but, happy birthday ironfist

I haven't had a flu shot since elementary school. I haven't had the flu since elementary school. I'm not saying the shots cause flu, because I know they don't, but I guess I've been either lucky or just have a good immune system. I live a pretty rugged lifestyle. I'm always in contact with various bacteria. I just wash my hands a lot, stay relatively clean and eat as best I can. Seems to have done the trick so far. Also, I avoid sick people. Outside of those close to me, I only touch people or let them touch me when I have no choice, and I always wash after. I'm not a germaphobe, but I always keep these things in mind. As far as I'm concerned, sickness is the largest threat to mankind as a whole and is mos def the largest threat to us in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    Off topic but, happy birthday ironfist
    Thanks!

Ugghh for X's sake...

Single dose injection flu vaccines do not contain thiomerosal. The nasal spray version does not contain thiomerosal. Since like 2000, children's doses of any form have not contained thiomerosal.

On a more complex level, there's a difference between mercury and "mercury derived." I realize not everyone is a chemist, but really there's plenty on the net to read up on. And for the record, you probably have more mercury in your diet if you eat fish, than you are freaking over from the flu shot.

The mercury that has linked to damage is methylmercury (the kind found in fish). Thiomerosal breaks down to ethyl-Hg. I'm not going to say thiomerosal is safe (although I believe it is pretty safe for the normal person, in the minimal molar concentration found in vaccines) but it is shown that ethyl-Hg is less toxic and breaks down faster than methyl-Hg. And you know what, that doesn't even matter if you just get the spray or ask for a single dose injection!