Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member saying hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kframe View Post
    Thanks all for the kind words. I agree that if i want to do kung fu in the future ill need to travel for it. I would go to that Wetosky place, but the stuff they teach is all fairly modern stuff. I have never heard of Jun Fan.

Im happy were i am now and will be here for the forceable future. I love the mix of things im learning. My coach encourages me to try new things from different arts. I need to get that bood on boxing, that looks like a good read.

What i dont understand is why is no one trying to revive the skills and techniques that art contained? As a striking style the BNB would be very viable for MMA and the street and what not.

SKM a fellow from Indiana! What style are you practicing?
    Jun Fan is Bruce Lees real name. it's just JKD.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Jun Fan is Bruce Lees real name. it's just JKD.
    What he said. The guy is a teacher under Guro Dan Inosanto.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Kframe View Post
    Edit to add Im sorry if this is the wrong place for a introduction, but i could not find the intro forum. Please move if it is in wrong place.

Hi, im Kframe. I frequent a few different boards and try to use the same name at all of them.

WEll i have 1 year of martial arts experiance. I started in boxing and moved on to mma. I honestly would have loved to do some kind of real Kung fu, but the only school in my area is 45mins one way, which is way to far. Ps can anyone tell me if they are legit? http://www.wetoskey.com/ It seams as if you cant just study one thing. Sadly NE indiana has little in the way of kungfu. The rest of the TMA around me is mostly mcdojo tkd and karate.

So im doing my best Bruce Lee impression and just learning as much as i can, and making everything i learn my own. I have a good coach, with a good understanding of a lot of things.

It does sadden me that i cant take part in a martial art with a long lineage and well thought out training practices. I guess i could look at it this way. Boxing is a very old martial art, and i happen to love it. I guess i could say impart of something bigger but meh i still want more.

Well i look forward to reading much here, and some discussions. It seams this is a mature place, with decent people. Much better then sherdog.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKM View Post
    Hello Kframe. I registered here just a few days ago myself. Looks like you live in the Auburn area. I live in Bloomington about three hours away from you. I agree with David. All the best in your training and life.
    Hi guys! I also just registered recently. Hope we can have some cool discussions some time!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    What he said. The guy is a teacher under Guro Dan Inosanto.
    Really, huh. I like Dan Inosanto. I am not a big Bruce Lee fan, but I would have trained with Inosanto in a heartbeat.

I trained for a little over 3 years under Marc mcfann, who is one o Inosanto's oldest instructors. It's those types of schools you really get your chops. Lots of rolling and sparring.

It's a really cool crowd become most of Inosanto's guys all go to the same instructors after him. Pak Herman Suwanda(deceased), ajarn chai, machado, Francis fong etc. good stuff.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb