Thread: Meet up anyone between CT -> RI to Boston??

Blog Entries

Meet up anyone between CT -> RI to Boston??

WOW no takers on my earlier query... so I figured since i'm driving through RI to get to Boston:

Anybody up for a meeting of the minds anywhere between southeastern CT, through RI and or near Boston?

Anybody's door open?

I'm coming up [I-95] on Friday February 15th, I was originally planing on arriving into the Cambridge area around Noon. But i'll totally be flexible if anyone between CT to Boston Mass wanted to get together??

- I'll be in Boston overnight for a Kung fu brothers Birthday. I figured I might try to arrange some sort of MEET UP of any guys who wanna get together and do some push hands.

Time wise:
    On Friday 2/15 i'll have from about Noon - 6pm
    ...then i'm spending a nite at my brothers place in Cambridge

On Saturday I got from Morning till about 2 or 3pm max then I gotta haul out back to Conn.

The only problem is this... Its winter and it's in February, so my query is to find out if anyone has or knows of a suitable place for a meet up.

I'll go outside if someone knows of a spot that's free from wind and rain protected. But I was thinking just in case its BUTT COLD, I would ask if anyone knew of a good spot. You know, a school or a gym or even a local Church Hall. If it's a matter of money...I wouldn't mind contributing $15 or $20 if I had to, just for the sake of the group.

Let's get something going, I don't get up there too often and i'm itching to touch hands with some new blood.

No no, I meant exchange in push hands in a friendly manner.

Just kidding guys, it's all good. But seriously if someone wants to do it please respond.

Otherwise i'll end up going to Boston, walking around and piggin' out at every PHO or noodle place I can find.

Good times,
    "O"
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

If you find yourself in the great white north give me a shout. (Not that Toronto is that far north...)
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Blog Entries
    Dude, right on...thanks for posting.

Actually I was trying to plan a family trip to Niagra Falls and also to visit a Hung Ga buddy in Toronto. Perhaps to set up an applications seminar or workshop.

As usual, I normally try to connect with as many martial artists as I can. I'll give you a shout out for sure.

I was wondering if you knew anything about Ian Sinclair? I tried to get a hold of him cause at least he does some application stuff and seems as if he can push. But alas, I kinda cold messaged him outta the blue... and he never responded. Either that or it went into his spam. Hahaha. Too bad.

If i'm not doing some sort of Hung Style, I try to push with as many skilled people as possible when I travel. It's more productive that way you know?

Hey David Jamieson's from Toronto as well. I'll have to bug him.

Cool, finally someone. "O"
    Last edited by Subitai; 01-21-2013 at 11:11 PM.

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Close enough anyway.
    I'm up in Markham.

Drop a pm when you're about and I'll shoot you the co-ordinates and such.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yeah, same here.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Hey, don't go thinking you all can have all the fun. I'm in the GTa and wouldn't mind meeting up if i can work it out.

Blog Entries
    Dude Brule... Right on man,

One question though and please UN- stupid me alittle, but what or where is GTa?

Is that down here somewhere along my travel route....or is that an abbreviation for Greater Toronto area?

Dang...that must be it right? Dag nabbit!

I know Chinese New Year is technically Feb 10th...but I assume nobody's available because I know there are still allot of Lion Dance's and other stuff going on during the weekend of 16th and 17th.

GTA = Greater Toronto Area. Should have clarified for the non-Canadian lol!!

I don't belong to any schools anymore, unfortunatley, so my Chinese New Year isn't tied up.