Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The yik kam slt training process

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Again, I understand his approach and I follow you; I’m not talking about his training, only about the way he stands in general, which any and everyone can see is bad posture, and I’m sure we all at sometime in our lives was told by someone in our families, never to stand or sit like that.
    Ali,

You are totally correct! I really don't know anything.

Check start 41.00 This old guy has bad posture and don't know anything too according to me based on movies acting. But wait read carefully who he is. Real life is not fantasy like mission impossible Tom cruse . Sorry , get real And not living in an Idea geometry movie cheoregraphy world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_LNf7964Pc
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-22-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Your posture should allow internal energy to flow freely, but if you have not developed internal energy, you don't have anything to flow and you will not be able to see or recognize the difference between flow or no flow.

If you are doing the lean back stance of WC you are doing external version only, which is more of beginning level WC.

Yes, until one develop the kungfu within ones body, one will not know what it is, and don't know what to look for.

Also, kungfu development comes with different levels. Not every one become Buddha over night.

Also, kungfu is not about understanding, but transformation. Until one attain it one really don't know. As in this process YouTube, I said, a worm mind can never understand how a butterfly fly.

Sure, a worm can keep complain why a butterfly in cocoon is not proper for worm, but it doesnt know it is no longer a worm but pre butterfly. And then when it break the cocoon the worm will think that is impossible according to the worm.

This snake body crane limps transformation process YouTube is to present the transformation process, how SLT and why SLT transform. sLt is not a set but a tool, however,one needs to know how to use the slt tools, otherwise one will never get transform.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-22-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Ali,

I’m sure you misunderstood me; all I’m saying is, if you’re a “messenger of health” and can teach healthy structures of many benefits, memorized from years of training.

Then why can’t you remember to stand up straight when representing your remedies of health dealing with structures?
    Last edited by Ali. R; 01-22-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    ...More importantly, I read the document Jox posted and a lot of the ideas Hendrik presented began to slot into place. For example, the saying 'Others walk the bow, I walk the string' began to take on different and very useful meanings to me once I read the document Jox posted...
    I am happy that you get insights reading YKT eBook...

Jox,

You have no medical qualifications, modern or TCMA, and people take your "advice" on health cultivation and maintenance at their peril.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    You have no medical qualifications, modern or TCMA, and people take your "advice" on health cultivation and maintenance at their peril.
    can you focus on the thread instead of jump all over to things which are not related ?

I’m sure you misunderstood me; all I’m saying is, if you’re a “messenger of health” and can teach healthy structures of many benefits, memorized from years of training.

Then why can’t you remember to stand up straight when representing your remedies of health dealing with structures?

what is the different if I am in my dead bed and telling the truth like late Gm Ipman did?

Should I look like Tom Cruse in the movie TOP GUN too before I die?

This will be the last reply I will response to you so I dont waste others bandwidth.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-22-2013 at 03:49 PM.

for those who like to see a diagram of the snake slide worm movemention in the utube.

what is the different if I am in my dead bed and telling the truth like late Gm Ipman did?

Should I look like Tom Cruse in the movie TOP GUN too before I die?

This will be the last reply I will response to you so I dont waste others bandwidth.
    What I find very ironic is that you’re a teacher of structure dealing with health, and can’t master/remember the very first structure from when you begin to stand and walk.

This is a structure that is so important and that’s guaranteed to cause chronic back pain/damage if done incorrectly. By teaching structures of health it should be something that you can actually fix.

This has nothing to do with how you look, it’s more on what you chose not to do, and something in which you chose not to do for a very long time; in which by now, you can’t help but call it cosmetic.

Shame,
    Last edited by Ali. R; 01-22-2013 at 04:32 PM.

What I find very ironic is that you’re a teacher of structure dealing with health, and can’t master/remember the very first structure from when you begin to stand and walk.

This is a structure that is so important and that’s guaranteed to cause chronic back pain/damage if done incorrectly. By teaching structures of health it should be something that you can actually fix.

This has nothing to do with how you look, it’s more on what you chose not to do, and something in which you chose not to do for a very long time; in which by now, you can’t help but call it cosmetic.

Shame,

Thanks you have a great point!

I would improve next time!

can you focus on the thread instead of jump all over to things which are not related ?
    Anerlich commented on a direct quote that you posted, so it is relevent to the thread and a great point.

And Ali is correct from what I can tell by reading his quotes - you have no proper posture and horrible stance/root, so you don't even practice qwhat you preach and should be ignored IMO.
    And this isn't just in this clip but in all of your clips, which is clear indication you don't even understand the first concept of wing chun which is self centerline.

It's really simple: No Center Line = no Wing Chun. IMO you're posting in the wrong subforum since none of this has anything to do with wing chun at this point.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

You gave health advice on the thread. I responded to your rash and foolish actions.

Blather on about any other rubbish you want, but stop being grossly irresponsible by giving incorrect, unqualified and potentially dangerous medical and lifestyle advice to the impressionable.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    If he were asking for money for imparting that advice which improved my health then yes, I would have concerns if he had no qualifications. Likewise, if he offered to do some forceful spinal realignment then yes, I would ask for his qualifications.

As for the simple exercises advised? Well, not much danger I can see there in giving them a go.

As for Ali.R, well, if you read what you wrote it sounds silly to levy your critique of Hendrik on the premise that he does not 'stand up straight' (presumably how one must stand), when talking to a camera.

I think other posters need to look at their recent posting records and reflect upon how their behavior is coming across to outside observers.
    Last edited by Paddington; 01-22-2013 at 06:28 PM.

for those who like to see a diagram of the snake slide worm movemention in the utube.
    Hendrik, those numbers represent the 7 'bows' or joints?

Thing is in English there are two ways to say the word 'bow' [bou] and the plural 'bows'. On youtube it sounds like you are using the meaning of 'to bow', as in a greeting or formal greeting gesture. The other meaning for the word 'bow' [boh] is a weapon, curved composite material or just wood with a string attached.

Yes, i know you know there are two meanings but the way you pronounce bow on youtube indicates the first meaning? I am thinking you mean to say bow as in the weapon?

I asked as I wanted to know if the phrase 'Others walk the bow, I walk the string', is referring to the 7 joints or bows on your diagram?