Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iron hand training

a 100 pound midget.

looks like you finally found your path to real kung fu after 5 years of searching

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Hey at least he's looking and 5' 4" isn't all that short

raipizo that guy is my teacher's shaolin brother,not my teacher.but i think the fact thatt he is 5 foot 4 and 100 pounds and can break a stone with a knife hand strike lends credit to the power of real kung fu. i can't imagine the biggest badest guy in any prison breaking a stone in half by chopping it.

Yeah I knew that but still. Just because your small doesn't make you any less skillful. What style do you train?

nowdays i am doing shaolin and shaolin hard qi gong two teachers two schools, on teaches me forms solo drills little bit of fighting other is teaching the hard qi gong and fighting, two very different teachers with very different approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Do any of you use the cauldron anymore? Or is it all about sand bags and more modern gear?

Anyone start off slapping water?
    I haven't slapped water in yeeeeeaaaarrrrrrs, but I think that the sand bag is way more of an effective tool than the water. And less messy/time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Do any of you use the cauldron anymore? Or is it all about sand bags and more modern gear?

Anyone start off slapping water?
    I use a bucket of sand for grip training. I don't do the thrusting. Just insert and grip. It is one of the things that helped me close the Captains of Crush gripper #2 for 3 reps straight out of the package.

I have practiced makiwara off and on for years. It's a carry over from my shorin ryu days. All things in moderation and using your brain and you shouldn't have any problems.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Shaolin Iron Palm

"色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator