Thread: Elitemaster2015 thinks he's better than Cung Le

Elitemaster2015 thinks he's better than Cung Le

I encountered a strange Youtuber who recently commented on a video about Cung Le. His username was Elitemaster2015. Elitemaster2015 firmly believes that Cung Le is not the best fighter in the world. He believes in this so strongly that he offered to fight Cung Le himself if he received an invitation. He also boasted about being in better shape than Cung Le and said that he would personally train him to prove that he's not in the best shape he could be in. I responded to him on the video pointing out that Cung Le is 40 years old and admits that he eats junk food during vacations after his breaks and that in recent years he is only a part-time fighter who doesn't train like he used to. I told him if he wanted to challenge Cung Le to a fight or offer his training services he should do so.

Elitemaster2015 also said that Chuck Norris trained much harder than Cung Le and was a better Martial Artist because of this. I made the following response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WacWJKVGI9U

Quote Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay
    No, I don't think that's possible. Chuck Norris competed in semi-contact Karate tournaments. Cung Le has competed in everything from full-contact Karate to San Shou to Mixed Martial Arts which is a much harder level of contact than any professional fighting Norris did. If you've seen Norris in his prime Cung was also in better shape than him at the same age. Watch some of my Cung le videos. Cung trains like a maniac especially when he was younger.
    Shortly after I made that comment Elitemaster2015 sent me an angry PM. I tried to respond to his PM but he blocked me. So I decided to check out his channel. He made a video where he ranted about how Cung Le was not on the level of great Martial Artists like Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris and complained about haters disrespecting the up and coming generation of Martial Artists like him. On his channel he had several videos of himself training which included practicing forms and doing the one inch punch on the Body Opponent Bag (which he claimed he could use to kill someone in a real fight if he had to defend himself).

Among the arguments he made against Cung Le is that Cung hadn't won any titles in Kung Fu forms competition like he had and that Cung only fought for himself in sports like Mixed Martial Arts. He said that Cung was only skillful within his domain where fighting is restricted by rules. I registered another account and asked him why he was so obsessed with being a better Martial Artist than Cung Le.

He sent the following reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Elitemaster2015
    my reasons i dont need to explain to you but i well say hes not the best in the worldbest in the world means beating all the shaolin fighters like me . and all the tkd fighters and all the kunfu fighters in the world . your a fool if you belive hes the best in the world , thats part of it incase you cry why ?
    When I looked at his Youtube Channel again I noticed that it was gone and none of his comments on any video are viewable either. So I guess he deleted his account. If he ever shows up again I want to reply to his last comment to me.

First of all I don't think Cung Le is the best fighter in the world. But he is a great fighter and he has proven it by testing himself in competition. Cung doesn't need to beat every Traditional Martial Artist in the world to prove he is the best but he's way ahead of you in terms of life accomplishment as a Martial Artist and a fighter. And he's recognized as such. Cung Le is a world class athlete and truly elite Martial Artist.

Elitemaster2015, if you ever read this I want to say that you have a lot of growing up to do before you can rightfully proclaim yourself to be a great Martial Artist. Great Martial Artists don't go on the internet and brag about how good they are, they simply prove how good they are through demonstrations of their ability. If you think you are better than Cung Le then go challenge him to a fight.

Don't talk about it do it.

As far as accomplishments are concerned this is what you are up against:

Awards

• 2008 Strikeforce MMA Middleweight Champion
      San Jose, CA
    • 2003 ISKA Light Heavyweight K-1 Super Fight Sanshou Champion
      Las Vegas, NV
    • 2001 Light Heavyweight IKF World Sanshou Champion
      San Jose, CA
    • 2000 North American Light Heavyweight Champion
      San Jose, CA
    • 2000 Super fight Light Heavyweight K-1 Champion
      Las Vegas, NV
    • 1999 Light Heavyweight Art of War World Sanshou Champion
      China vs. USA Honolulu, HI
    • 1999 ISKA Light Heavyweight Sanshou Champion
      Strike Force ESPN2 Championships
      San Jose, CA
    • 1998 ISKA Light Cruzerweight Chinese Boxing Champion
      Strike Force ESPN2 Championships
      San Jose, CA
    • 1998 Draka Champion
      Draka Championships
      Los Angeles, CA
    • 1998 USA Shidokan Champion
    • 1998 Shidokan Team USA Championships
      Chicago IL
    • 1997 USA Team Captain, Bronze Medalist
    • 1997 World Martial Arts Championships
      Rome, Italy
    • 1997 National Sanshou Champion
      1997 National Sanshou Championships
      Baltimore, MD
    • 1997 Main Event Champion
      United World Wushu/Kung-Fu Championships
      Orlando, FL
    • 1997 1st Place Belt Champion
      Int'l Chinese Martial Arts Championships
      San Francisco, CA
    • 1997 Semi-Finalist
      1997 Shidokan Team USA Championships
      Chicago, IL
    • 1996 National & International Sanshou Champion
      National/Int'l Sanshou Championships
      San Francisco, CA
    • 1996 National Sanshou Open Champion
      United States Open Full-Contact Sanshou
      New Orleans, LA
    • 1996 Continuous Sparring World Champion
      USA International World Championships
      Las Vegas, NV
    • 1996 Grand Champion
      1996 Martial Arts Extravaganza
      Phoenix, AZ
    • 1996 Sanshou Champion
      USA International World Championships
      Las Vegas, CA
    • 1995 Sanshou Bronze Medalist
      World Wushu Kung-Fu Championships
      Baltimore, MD
    • 1995 Sanshou National Champion
      U.S. National Sanshou Championships
      Orlando, FL
    • 1995 Open Title Sanshou Champion
      United States Open Sanshou Championships
      Mobile, AL
    • 1995 U.S. Sanshou Team Captain
      United States Open Sanshou Team Champ.
      Dallas, TX
    • 1994 Open Title Sanshou Champion
      United States Open Sanshou Championships
      Mobile, AL
    • 1994 National Sanshou Champion
      United States National Sanshou Championships
      Orlando, FL
    • 1994 Grand Champion
      Ho Tet Tae Kwon Do Tournament
      San Jose, CA
    • 1993 Overall Grand Champion
      Martial Arts Star Search
      Oakland, CA
    • 1992 All American - 4th Place
      Espior National Greco-Roman Wrestling
      Gainsville, FL
    • 1992 State Wrestling Champion
      State Espior Free-Style And Greco Roman
      Santa Cruz, CA
    • 1990-1991 Team Captain & State Champion
      All American Wrestling, West Valley College
      San Jose, CA
    • 1989 National Wrestling Champion
      Triple Crown AAU Sambo, Greco-Roman
      Billings, MT

Here's a Kung Fu master who has accomplished more than you in forms competition who lost to Cung Le in a professional fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laeghrc6ibE

I doubt Elitemaster2015 will read this but if he does I invite him to comment and update the world on his progress as a Martial Artist. As for fighting Cung Le if he wants to do that that's his business. That's the only way he's ever going to prove that he's a better fighter. But realistically why would a professional fighter waste time with some guy talking smack on Youtube when they fight the recognized best fighters in the world within the sport they compete in?

"I don't train to beat anyone I just train to better myself." - Cung Le
    Last edited by MysticNinjaJay; 01-25-2013 at 08:20 PM.

I think you're both insane. Seriously.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I think you're both insane. Seriously.
    Thank you for your feedback.