Thread: Is it possible?

Is it possible?

I figured he'd have to fight at least one or two more times, but apparently Silva's camp is throwing Cung Le's name out there for the next title fight.

Hey, if Brock Lesnar deserved his first title shot; and Chale Sonnen deserves to fight Jones for the title; then Cung definitely should be the next guy to take on Silva.

I sure hope so.

http://www.fightday.com/mma/2013/01/...-it-craziness/

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I figured he'd have to fight at least one or two more times, but apparently Silva's camp is throwing Cung Le's name out there for the next title fight.

Hey, if Brock Lesnar deserved his first title shot; and Chale Sonnen deserves to fight Jones for the title; then Cung definitely should be the next guy to take on Silva.

I sure hope so.

http://www.fightday.com/mma/2013/01/...-it-craziness/
    Brock didnt deserve his shot but thats marketing for you,

chale was a number 1 contender at a lighter weight and pretty much destroyed the whole division before losing to anderson, i am struggling to remember a single top 10 fighter cung le has beat apart from rich, and where franklin was a top 10 when he last fought is debatable

If he fights him cung will get r^ped badly

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Brock didnt deserve his shot but thats marketing for you,

chale was a number 1 contender at a lighter weight and pretty much destroyed the whole division before losing to anderson, i am struggling to remember a single top 10 fighter cung le has beat apart from rich, and where franklin was a top 10 when he last fought is debatable

If he fights him cung will get r^ped badly
    I think Chale should at least win his next fight at LHW before he gets to fight Jones. I know the odds are heavily in favor of Silva; and that's an understatement. But Cung ain't getting any younger and I'd really like to see him get a shot at Silva, I figured he'd need to win a couple more, but they do some strange things in these title fights at the UFC.

Still, anythings possible, if Cung did pull off a miracle, it'd probably be the biggest UFC upset yet.

If it even happens.

I think Chale should at least win his next fight at LHW before he gets to fight Jones. I know the odds are heavily in favor of Silva; and that's an understatement. But Cung ain't getting any younger and I'd really like to see him get a shot at Silva, I figured he'd need to win a couple more, but they do some strange things in these title fights at the UFC.

Still, anythings possible, if Cung did pull off a miracle, it'd probably be the biggest UFC upset yet.

If it even happens.
    if they are looking to expand big time in asia they will make this fight happen

Cung simply came to MMA at the end of his fighting career, if he was in his late 20s early 30s and had really dedicated himself to ground work it would be a different fight, but he has other priorities like films etc

if they are looking to expand big time in asia they will make this fight happen

Cung simply came to MMA at the end of his fighting career, if he was in his late 20s early 30s and had really dedicated himself to ground work it would be a different fight, but he has other priorities like films etc
    Exactly, he came in late, which is too bad; and I agree they think Cung is good for the Asia market, probably rightly so. I'll admit I'm biased. He's my favorite fighter, but you got to admit he's exciting and fun to watch.

Exactly, he came in late, which is too bad; and I agree they think Cung is good for the Asia market, probably rightly so. I'll admit I'm biased. He's my favorite fighter, but you got to admit he's exciting and fun to watch.
    my favourites jose aldo only guy i have ever seen use a double flying knee to knock his opponent out lol

Cung is exciting and in his hey day in sanda he was great, in MMA they have looked after him (in both strikeforce and the UFC) with the kind of opponents they have given him which is why this fight would be feeding him to the sharks, but it would mean big money for the UFC in asia

my favourites jose aldo only guy i have ever seen use a double flying knee to knock his opponent out lol

Cung is exciting and in his hey day in sanda he was great, in MMA they have looked after him (in both strikeforce and the UFC) with the kind of opponents they have given him which is why this fight would be feeding him to the sharks, but it would mean big money for the UFC in asia
    Yeah I wouldn't expect anything...but I'm an optimist and a dreamer...spinning heel KO...retire on top of the world and make Kung Fu movies 'til your 50.