Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Food Nastiness

That almost deserves its own thread...

"Dumb **** we did as teenagers" Glad to hear that you lived and learned, Syn7.

Now who else here might be be able to get to do the Tiger Balm challenge? Maybe one of the nooBs?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

You realize you're asking for gonad videos on a forum full of crazy people, right bro?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    "Dumb **** we did as teenagers" Glad to hear that you lived and learned, Syn7.

Now who else here might be be able to get to do the Tiger Balm challenge? Maybe one of the nooBs?
    I'm not exactly sure what the Tiger Balm challenge is but I suspect I inadvertently tried it. About 2 years ago I fell wrong from a back lock and badly strained my groin muscle. I thought a little Tiger Balm might help and it did for about 10 minutes and then it traveled with my sweat to regions where you don't want it to travel to and wow did it burn. I couldn't get to the shower fast enough. Lessons learned I suppose.

You know it, bro

Quote Originally Posted by Punch.HeadButt View Post
    You realize you're asking for gonad videos on a forum full of crazy people, right bro?
    Just the thought of several forum members here taking on the Tiger Balm Challenge makes me smile. And yes, I have several specific members in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    and wow did it burn.
    I think almost everyone makes that mistake once in their training. It's getting someone to do it intentionally that I find amusing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

LOL! Gene you're a bit of a sadist but I like it.

My sifu warned me but I said nah man I got this, I'm wearing compression shorts so no worries it won't travel there.

The moral here is ALWAYS listen to your sifu!

Just the thought of several forum members here taking on the Tiger Balm Challenge makes me smile. And yes, I have several specific members in mind.
    Both creepy and sinister. You, sir, are an inspiration.

Closest I ever came to such a circumstance is going to the restroom after splashing liberal amounts of Tabasco sauce on pizza slices....

...shoulda washed my hands first

Quote Originally Posted by Punch.HeadButt View Post
    Both creepy and sinister. You, sir, are an inspiration.

Closest I ever came to such a circumstance is going to the restroom after splashing liberal amounts of Tabasco sauce on pizza slices....

...shoulda washed my hands first
    This brings to light, "the devils challenge".

also known as the tabasco / anus combo.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I googled 'devil's challenge' and came up with a triathalon...

...not the horribly sick, twisted idea of DJ's.

Meanwhile, to get us back OT, check this out (and we Americans thought horse meat was bad):
    Customer at Shenyang McDonald’s Accidentally Served Detergent, Seriously Ill
    6 hours ago by Philip Kendall

According to a Yahoo! Japan News report, a woman in Shenyang, China, is seriously ill after drinking detergent from a cup left on the counter, believing it to be cola.

The incident, which occurred on January 16, has left the as-yet unnamed woman with erosive gastritis and currently still receiving medical attention.

The woman’s boyfriend, identified by sources simply as “Mr. Liu”, is believed to have picked up the cup along with the hamburger he ordered from the counter and given it to his girlfriend. After drinking some of the soap-filled liquid, the women complained of a burning sensation in her throat and stomach pains. She was quickly taken to hospital where it became clear that she had ingested detergent.

Mr. Liu is believed to have later returned to the restaurant seeking answers. The member of staff responsible confirmed that they had – against store policy – left a detergent-filled cup on the counter.

No word yet as to why the woman didn’t immediately notice that she was drinking detergent rather than sweet, sugary coca-cola the moment it touched her lips.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

It's a given that fast-food burgers are going to contain the worst quality rancid garbage they can sweep off the slaughterhouse floor.

Same goes for tacos or any other mystery meat products sold at the lowest possible prices.

The economics of the industry guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Eating raw beef could get you a nice chubby tapeworm to carry around in your guts.

yup yup.
    Isn't that a good slimming tip?

McD's has the answers:
    http://yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca/

example:
    HOw is it that your burgers don't rot?

Answer:
    Hi Laura. This is a great question. The short answer is that our burgers do rot under the right conditions, but we can see why there's some confusion out there. To clear things up, we reached out to one of Canada's foremost food scientists, Dr. Keith Warriner. He's the Program Director at the University of Guelph's Department of Food Science and Quality Assurance. Here’s what he had to say:

“There have been a lot of online videos and photos touting the fact that when left out for an extended period of time, a McDonald’s hamburger does not rot and that this is because they are laden with chemicals. The reality is that McDonald’s hamburgers, french fries and chicken are like all foods, and do rot if kept under certain conditions.

Essentially, the microbes that cause rotting are a lot like ourselves, in that they need water, nutrients, warmth and time to grow. If we take one or more of these elements away, then microbes cannot grow or spoil food.

In the example of a McDonald’s hamburger, the patty loses water in the form of steam during the cooking process. The bun, of course, is made out of bread. Toasting it reduces the amount of moisture. This means that after preparation, the hamburger is fairly dry. When left out open in the room, there is further water loss as the humidity within most buildings is around 40%. So in the absence of moisture or high humidity, the hamburger simply dries out, rather than rot.

With moisture loss, we take away an element required by microbes to grow and cause spoilage. So to spoil a McDonald’s hamburger, we simply need to prevent the moisture loss. This can be done through wrapping it in cling film to prevent moisture from escaping, or storing it within a high humidity environment, such as a bathroom (notice black mould on your bathroom windows but not in your bedroom). If you try doing the same experiment with a homemade burger with similar moisture content as a McDonald’s hamburger and under similar conditions, you’ll probably get the same results.”

We hope this answers your question, Laura.
    Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 02-06-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Fridge, who needs it!!!

Gonna leave all my leftovers on the counter from now on, yeah !!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...not the horribly sick, twisted idea of DJ's.

Meanwhile, to get us back OT, check this out (and we Americans thought horse meat was bad):

According to a Yahoo! Japan News report, a woman in Shenyang, China, is seriously ill after drinking detergent from a cup left on the counter, believing it to be cola.

The incident, which occurred on January 16, has left the as-yet unnamed woman with erosive gastritis and currently still receiving medical attention.

The woman’s boyfriend, identified by sources simply as “Mr. Liu”, is believed to have picked up the cup along with the hamburger he ordered from the counter and given it to his girlfriend. After drinking some of the soap-filled liquid, the women complained of a burning sensation in her throat and stomach pains. She was quickly taken to hospital where it became clear that she had ingested detergent.

Mr. Liu is believed to have later returned to the restaurant seeking answers. The member of staff responsible confirmed that they had – against store policy – left a detergent-filled cup on the counter.

No word yet as to why the woman didn’t immediately notice that she was drinking detergent rather than sweet, sugary coca-cola the moment it touched her lips.
    Natural selection at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    It's a given that fast-food burgers are going to contain the worst quality rancid garbage they can sweep off the slaughterhouse floor.

Same goes for tacos or any other mystery meat products sold at the lowest possible prices.

The economics of the industry guarantee it.
    It's not just meat. Even the buns are poison.