Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: aye, here there be Dragons...

CLOUDS! I mean, um, DRAGONS! Over China and Tibet.

All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Interesting pictures.

I think that it may be rice fields or gardens stacked up on the hillside or ladder fields "Ti Tian".

The construction of the railroad polluted the Lha Sa river. It is now unsafe to drink.

The Epoch journal is a neutral paper. It recently carried a series of anti CCP editorials. It has Chinese medicine, history, Buddhist sections, too.

Dragon was manmade or created by adding appendages to a snake.

But it captivates people for so long.

Last edited by SPJ; 08-15-2005 at 07:57 PM.

I always figured the imagery for dragons was multiple.

Deer, horse, serpent, bird etc etc all amalgamated into a single creature.

Not too mention that it is pretty likely that long ago someone found a fossil of a dinosaur and said "what the heck is this???!"

ést voila La Dragon!

I'm sure the earlier civs had all kinds of stories to go with any dino bones they found from east to west north to south. They are pretty much everywhere.

the gobi desert has some of the richest fossil beds on the planet. All along the silk road the tales spread from ancient times.

anyway, those are neat pics, but probably they are terraced fields, or some other natural formation of the mountain, etc etc.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

interesting picture and cool story. either way its a fun read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

The dragon myths probably started as people began to dig up dinosaur bones.

Thats exactly what the dragons want you to believe.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I think man is older than we think, and exosted as Dino's were dying out
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

It seems to me the epoch times is a front for falun gong, every other printing they have an article on falun gong.
    Bryan Davis

Yes. That, too. Fa Lung gong.

I feel sad. I am a bird lover. I have canary and cookatiels.

Parrots are too loud for me.

I love birds, too.

I ate at Popeye's Chicken twice last week.
    Crippled Avenger

Why we only have KFC here in so Cal?

No Popeye's there? Well, I've heard the batter is less spicy the ****her you go from N.O. Anyway, you do have Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, so there is that.

Wow, you can't defeat the naughty-word killer anymore! Even when the word isn't naughty!
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 08-15-2005 at 09:23 PM.
    Crippled Avenger

All I have is BDC and Dicos.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

aye, here there be Dragons...

has anyone seen dragons? I know this is more of the mystical taoism, or even san-gung,,but has anyone seen dragons? I know people who say that they are most definately real,,spiritual entities, yet real nonetheless. I have seen what appeared to be spiraling forms in the sky, but are these my own delusions, or phosphene visions, or floaters, or simply remnants of that last pink Floyd concert's cheap acid? What are your experiences? Iwill not judge you, as my imagination has played so many tricks on me that at this time, Ido not know whether I am a butterfly dreaming I am TenTigers, or vice versa.