Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Food Nastiness

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    I don't think a person should be labeled a health nut just because they use common sense when eating. I applaud you sir!

It's to bad about what happened to Fukushima. I ran across a study the other day that showed a pretty scary model of the radiation plume heading for North America. It appears that the plume is not dispersing in the ocean as much as they would have liked and so it may be more concentrated than expected when it hits the coast. That along with the crap loaded into the Gulf of Mexico and I can understand you not wanting to eat seafood.

Forgive me for saying "you should" but if you want to continue to eat clean seafood then you really should consider a small home aquaponics system. If you have any room on a balcony or porch or in the yard then you can set up a small 250 gallon system which would supply you with all the fish and leafy green veggies you could eat. If you raise tilapia then you can grow up to one fish per gallon, though I'd only recommend about 50 - 100 fish for that size tank. Also, you can set up another small tank to grow duck weed or spirulina which would give you all the fish food you need.
    Cool suggestion! Thanks! Though I rarely ate seafood as it is, though I do like it.

Something also not talked about much is the concept of clouds that form off of the Pacific...the water that becomes the storm clouds. This, of course, makes it a global problem not limited to Japan/the Pacific/west coasts of U.S., Canada, etc. It's really disconcerting that something so small (the Fukushima plants) relative to the planet could likely/potentially create such wide-reaching destruction. I have heard it's much worse than even Chernobyl. Pretty much makes liars out of all those 'experts' who used to say how much cleaner and safer nuclear power is.

Back to eating meat, I do still eat poultry. I used to love beef and pork when I gave them up, but haven't miss them at all.

Should I change the title of this thread to "Fast Food Nastiness"?

This one is for bawang.
    UPDATE 2-KFC parent Yum warns of delay in China sales recovery
    Tue Oct 8, 2013 7:25pm EDT
    By Lisa Baertlein

Oct 8 (Reuters) - KFC parent Yum Brands Inc on Tuesday warned that it will take longer than expected for its China restaurant sales to rebound, delaying a recovery in the market that accounts for more than half of the company's overall operating profit.

Shares fell 7.5 percent as investors digested the news, which came after months of Yum executives reassuring investors that China restaurant sales would return to growth in the fourth quarter.

Yum's sales at established restaurants in China have taken a beating since last December when a social-media fueled food safety scare over chemical residues in chicken from some of its suppliers pummeled sales. That was followed by a bird flu outbreak that destroyed many diners' appetite for poultry.

The Louisville, Kentucky-based company operates more restaurants in China than any other U.S. brand and said it remains confident in its business in the world's fastest-growing major economy.

"KFC is unquestionably the category leader in China and we remain confident sales will fully recover," Chief Executive David Novak said in a statement.

MIDDLE CLASS AUSTERITY?

Yum attributed its China woes to the December scare, but some analysts suggest that its problems are of a different nature. They say China's middle-income diners - who flock to KFC - have cut their spending due to government austerity measures.

KFC also faces stronger competition from local eateries and the company may have opened too many fried chicken restaurants in China, those analysts said.

"We are seeing a slowing consumer spending environment in China," Edward Jones analyst Jack Russo told Reuters. Yum will "have to continue to run the restaurants really well and get messaging out there that consumers will be fine coming into the restaurants."

Yum's China same-restaurant sales fell 11 percent in the third quarter.

Those sales then dropped a steeper-than-expected 11 percent in September, which is the first month of the China division's fourth quarter that wraps up at year-end.

Yum will launch "an aggressive marketing campaign to fully restore consumer trust in the brand," spokesman Jonathan Blum told Reuters. He said trust in the KFC brand has improved in China since last December, but that it wasn't yet fully restored.

Thus far, Yum has culled all but its highest-quality suppliers. It also is planning a slew of menu items to drive more sales to KFC restaurants, which account for roughly 4,500 of the company's more than 6,000 restaurants in China.

Blum said Yum executives will elaborate on its new marketing plans on a conference call on Wednesday morning. He declined to give a new forecast for a restaurant sales turnaround in China.

Yum's third-quarter net income tumbled to $152 million, or 33 cents per share, from $471 million, or $1 per share, a year earlier. During the latest quarter, Yum had higher taxes and booked a charge related to its Little Sheep restaurants in China.

Excluding items, Yum earned 85 cents a share for the third quarter - missing analysts' call for a profit of 93 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

Based on the disappointing sales results from China, and a higher than expected full-year tax rate, Yum now expects an earnings per share decline for 2013 in the high-single to low-double-digit percentage range. It previously had expected a mid-single-digit percentage decline in full-year earnings per share. Both estimates exclude special items.

Shares in Yum fell $5.37 to $66.30 in extended trading.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Should I change the title of this thread to "Fast Food Nastiness"?
    We've gone way beyond BK anyway so I've got no problem with that. Make it so captain!

In some cases, chicken nuggets are only 50% meat; the other 50% is fat, nerves, blood vessels, and intestines. In other cases, only 40% lean meat, the rest being fat, nerves and bone(!)...basically a mixture of various chicken parts.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 10-11-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Greetings,

Jimbo:

I understand where you are coming from. I have stopped eating whiting fish since the BP oil spill. I could kick myself for not buying Hawaiian sea salt when I had the chance. I am really afraid to mess with the stuff now.

Japan may become a patsy in the Global warming paradigm. For a very long time. scientists from all over have been mum about the atomic bomb testings and the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings as key factors in the global warming we have been experiencing. The blame would cost the U.S. to much $$$.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    In some cases, chicken nuggets are only 50% meat; the other 50% is fat, nerves, blood vessels, and intestines. In other cases, only 40% lean meat, the rest being fat, nerves and bone(!)...basically a mixture of various chicken parts.
    Here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FeB79ynDa0&feature=plcp
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

Jimbo:

I understand where you are coming from. I have stopped eating whiting fish since the BP oil spill. I could kick myself for not buying Hawaiian sea salt when I had the chance. I am really afraid to mess with the stuff now.

Japan may become a patsy in the Global warming paradigm. For a very long time. scientists from all over have been mum about the atomic bomb testings and the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings as key factors in the global warming we have been experiencing. The blame would cost the U.S. to much $$$.

mickey
    You think Nuclear testing/use contributes more to GW than commercial industry? I haven't really looked into it, but that seems a bit much considering the sheer volume of one compared to the other. I was under the impression that it had an overall net cooling effect. Any legit peer reviewed docs on that I can look at? I ask for that because I'm not really interested in some writers opinion on the subject, I would rather just read the paper.

I think they have been "mum" because they've done the math. But by all means, if I'm wrong about that, show me some data. What info that has crossed my path suggests otherwise.

Greetings Syn7,

Yes, the testings do lower the temperature; yet, it is the planet that is restoring the balance, hence the warming. I would not expect to find data for that. I admit that there are other factors that contribute as well.

mickey

I personally don't think nuclear testing has contributed to climate change. I believe climate change is cyclical and though there are a lot of people and industry on earth we probably haven't contributed much to the process. With that said I do think we should reduce pollution and various emissions as much as possible because that just makes sense.

Now on to the nuclear testing. There have been 2053 nuclear explosions on earth between 1945 and 1998. Below is a time lapse map of every nuclear explosion since 1945. Instead of contributing to climate change maybe all these tests have contributed more to the high cancer rates we find ourselves dealing with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

Yah. I saw that vid a few years ago.
    Here are some graphs:

I like them better. The video is good for the whole emotional response thing, but the graphs provide you with a lil more context. I dunno bout globally, but they mos def cause(would that be the right word?) cancer in areas where "very bad things" happened. But that's a topic better suited for SoCo. I really don't know very much about cancer, so I'm not willing to speculate. If you look at both graphs together, you see a pretty clear picture as to what and when. It's not like it's been spread out over that whole time. And that matters, especially when talking about global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Yes, the testings do lower the temperature; yet, it is the planet that is restoring the balance, hence the warming. I would not expect to find data for that. I admit that there are other factors that contribute as well.
    Cool. Like what? And how? If there is no data, then what do you base any of this on? Know what I mean? Let's assume that the regeneration does cause heat(is there any data to suggest that toxic environments and/or areas with high concentration of radiation cause a non negligible temp. change over long periods of time? Like multiple decades?). Is that enough to offset the cooling? Again, w/o any data, how would you know? It's also worth noting that we don't really know if nuclear winter would be better or worse than models predict. It's not just the dust created by the explosions themselves, but also the aftermath. A lot of assumptions there. Reasonable, but assumptions just the same. I haven't seen any data to suggest that any nuclear explosion has ever had a non negligible cooling effect. As far as I know it's just an untested theory at this point. So I wouldn't go as far as saying that the testing have lowered temps. in any meaningful long term way. Just like I wouldn't go the other way and say it contributes to warming.

What I do know is that there is tons of data to show us what IS causing(at least in large part) man made global warming. TONS. Like overwhelming TONS. So if what you say is a factor at all, I don't think it's a moderate or major cause.
    Last edited by Syn7; 10-11-2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: spelling :o

I like the graphs. They definitely add a little more context as far as who and when. And, you're totally right about SoCal being the authority around here on cancers so maybe he'll weigh in on why cancer rates are so high.

What I do know is that there is tons of data to show us what IS causing(at least in large part) man made global warming. TONS. Like overwhelming TONS. So if what you say is a factor at all, I don't think it's a moderate or major cause.
    This statement gave me a little pause. I was under the impression that in the last 15 years we have either cooled or at least not warmed up at all so how is this explained in the man is causing global warming evidence? From what I've read the earth is basically going through hot and cold fluctuations which naturally happens at the beginning and end of the warming phases between ice ages. Since we are at the end of a warming phase then it makes sense that we would be warming then cooling then warming...etc until the ice age starts up again. I'm not saying I'm right, just that this is my understanding of what's happening.

Black Ninja Burger Please

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/10/1...icks-you-back/

Burger King Japan unveils a black ninja burger that licks you back
    Michelle Lynn Dinh

Burger King is bringing on the bizarre burgers once again with their new “Kuro Ninja,” a burger with a black bun and long, thick strip of bacon protruding out of one side. We’re not sure if ninjas ever stuck their tongues out at their enemies, but if they did and they were somehow magically transformed into a burger, this is what they’d look like.

The Kuro Ninja, or Black Ninja, is Burger King Japan’s newest sandwich. It has a pitch black bun colored with bamboo charcoal (nothing new), but this time, a huge slab of “King’s Bacon” juts out from the sides, making it look as if your delicious burger has sprouted a pink tongue. What’s more, that tongue is supposed to be that of a ninja…something like this:Screen Shot 2013-10-11 at 12.54.16 AM

The burger also comes with “wide-size” hash browns, onions, lettuce, mayonnaise, and a blackish brown Chaliapin sauce. The Kuro Ninja will be on sale starting October 25 for 680 yen (US$6.93). Customers who purchase a medium or large size set meal will receive Kuro Ninja character logo stickers!

Aren’t they cute?

Set your tongue on this friendly little raspberry-blowing burger while you can starting at the end of October. Like all gimicky Burger King entrees, this one will be gone faster than a ninja can stick out his tongue.

I guess I no longer care what meat is in Burger King's burgers. I want myself a BLACK NINJA BURGER

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    I like the graphs. They definitely add a little more context as far as who and when. And, you're totally right about SoCal being the authority around here on cancers so maybe he'll weigh in on why cancer rates are so high.

This statement gave me a little pause. I was under the impression that in the last 15 years we have either cooled or at least not warmed up at all so how is this explained in the man is causing global warming evidence? From what I've read the earth is basically going through hot and cold fluctuations which naturally happens at the beginning and end of the warming phases between ice ages. Since we are at the end of a warming phase then it makes sense that we would be warming then cooling then warming...etc until the ice age starts up again. I'm not saying I'm right, just that this is my understanding of what's happening.
    We are warming naturally. But it's a really long process. A ton of data is available with a google search. Stay away from opinionated pieces, layman interpretations etc. Just look at the many many MANY peer reviewed papers that are floating around. When you find one, look up the author, learn what you can so you get an idea of where they're coming from, who vetted it etc. Look at temps. over the last hundred years in northern areas that aren't very populated, if at all. If you can find a graph, even better. Source it, find out how it came to be and if you're satisfied with it's authenticity(cause there is a ton of misinformation out there) then look at the trends. Go learn about the rate at which the ice caps are melting. There are some pretty sweet pictures out there. Lot's of before and after deals. There is a lot to find, so you shouldn't have much trouble. Try from stay away from papers published by anyone with any sort of political agenda. So basically fuck think tanks! There is a lot of bullshit on the left and the right of this. That isn't to say the answer is in the middle, I'm just sayin, there are some crazy left wingers out there who are just as retarded as their counterparts to the right. If you find anything good, post it up.

It seems like we are too much people and we live too much years.

They are taking risks to reduce half the population.

It's an illuminati eugenic conspiracy. That's why Obamacare is forcing everyone to get chips in their arms!