Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl'z Got Skillz

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    yes - she seems to be particularly adept at blocking with her face...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    yes - she seems to be particularly adept at blocking with her face...
    And you would do better?

I thought she did an awsome job. Her opponent had a much greater reach advantage, she did a good job closing the gap to lands her strikes . It seemed he was only half trying, and his foot work wasnt very good. I would give her the fight she landed more cleaner strikes.

She had clean single attacks. No combinations. No power. Ok only for point sparring and playing tag.

Really annoying bounce habit, run like girl circling, and wierd gangnam style footwork. Really typical for female point fighters.

She should give up on her low kicks. Lots of noise but totally ineffective.

Lucky that guy wasn't very good and was holding back as well.

9 minute video. Ugh. I kept watching because I thought it was going to get better. Reminds me of when I accidentally watched a whole Van Damme thinking the same thing.

It was irresponsible to put two people with that significant a size and reach differential into a fight together and call it "real".

Notwithstanding relative skill levels he had enough power to knock her down with a lazily executed defensive technique. He also had about a foot in reach on her. I sympathize for both - that was not a matchup with any possible winner.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    It was irresponsible to put two people with that significant a size and reach differential into a fight together and call it "real".

Notwithstanding relative skill levels he had enough power to knock her down with a lazily executed defensive technique. He also had about a foot in reach on her. I sympathize for both - that was not a matchup with any possible winner.
    Agreed, there was a point (sorry, just kind of skimmed it) when she got close and he just kind of grabbed onto her gi and moved her around some. In a real fight, he would have blasted her and thrown her hard onto the ground.

Now, if by "real" they mean an unscripted sparring match, then yes this was "real".
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

idk i didnt watch much past the first couple camera angle switches, skimmed forward a few times.... just looked way too staged to me especially with those angle switches... you know with the half assing, the tekken pants and the over all feel of the video... i know it says 'real fight' under the video, but i dont believe it for a second. half assed sparring at best. and yes, i would do better, and no im not going to put up a video for you and yes you can believe what ever you want and no i dont care in the slightest.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Really annoying bounce habit, run like girl circling,
    She was lucky that her opponent was not good in "foot sweep" and "foot scoop". Bouncing up and down and move in a cirlcle was not very smart. Your opponenct can catch your timing when your feet landed and crossed.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

She did exactly what she needed to do against a bigger, stronger opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Bouncing up and down and move in a cirlcle was not very smart.
    Moving in a circular manner is one of the best things a smaller, faster person can do against a larger, stronger opponent.

The ignorance in this thread is enlightening.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Moving in a circular manner is one of the best things a smaller, faster person can do against a larger, stronger opponent.

The ignorance in this thread is enlightening.
    Moving in circle with legs crossing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcuN1QKwVFg
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-06-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Moving in circle with legs crossing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcuN1QKwVFg
    That's a bunch of people who really don't know what they are doing.

That's a far cry from what the girl was doing.

That chick had great footwork, timing, and awareness of distance.

I challenge anyone here to post a video of themselves going at the same contact level she did against someone 50 lbs heavier and show even half of the skills she showed.

As far as the bouncing and leg crossing, notice when she did that and when she did not do that. She did it when it was appropriate and did not do that when it would have given her opponent an opening to capitalize.

The ignorance in this thread is amazing.