Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equipment for training:

Weapon-Maker:
    I mainly want to use the nunchucks for fun, just something to keep me busy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Let's talk more about this over email: zadamchen@yahoo.com is where you can reach me.

Oh, don't know if you would consider making these, but pads (thai pads, concentration pads) are pretty important in my book.

Z

DrunkenMonkey Guest
    I don't study Muya Thai kickboxing but one of my friends does.

Knee pads - Usually thinly padded reinforced stitched vinyl pads strapped around the knee is good, but the strap must be designed in such a way that it gives a range of motion that allows powerful thrusts of the knees. The strap also has to be tight.

For shins, no pads. Shins are prolly the hardest to condition because of the many vessels that are near the skin there. For conditioning, what my friend does is take a thick bamboo stick and rub it along his shin for about 10 minutes a day, then takes a wooden board and tap it heavily against his knee, then practice on cylinder wooden posts.

Concentration pads are usually hung on the ceiling, small targets.

Thai pads are kinda easy besides getting a hold of the vinyl and reinforcing the stitching. Concentration is harder for a few obvious reasons.

------------------
    Underaged Drunken Monkey