Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: looking for a good pair of shoes. any ideas?

Onitsuka ~ Tiger, is a shoe i've really enjoyed. there are a few different models of this shoe, including mid/high tops.

Adidas rio is a shoe that, in my experience, is tough as nails, full leather, massive reinforcement.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I like the rios. They kick ass for B-Boyin' too. The toe support makes a huge difference with glides.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

i don't show up to kick some ass unless i'm wearing these

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

GOLDEN,
    its just that shoes are designed around the sport intended, lord knows you don't feel light on your feet with high top air Jordan basket ball shoes, and you dont feel the support in the ankle with low tops when your playing basket ball so for me personalty the closet thing to natural barefeet is the vibram 5 fingers, they make look funny but get them in black hardly stick out and i swear they are th most comfortable thing you have ever put on your feet.
    I wear them all summer, your feet actually feel more comfortable than they ever will because the muscles in the feet are allowed to stretch and guide you as you walk or run, trust me
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Earth Dragon

How is the breathability with those shoes?

I love my Feiyues (ok - if they were a little wider I'd love them even more) and they're cheap enough that I don't mind buying a few pairs a year.

But they don't breathe much - and my feet get very sweaty when i train. Nothing worse than pulling on a pair of damp shoes the next day to train in again. I've worked around this simply by alternating pairs - but if there's something else out there with more airflow I'd be interested to give them a try.

I think they have mesh tops, kinda like those beach shoes ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I like the rios. They kick ass for B-Boyin' too. The toe support makes a huge difference with glides.
    its nice being able to soccer punt a concrete wall with the tip of your toe if you want to also.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    GOLDEN,
    its just that shoes are designed around the sport intended, lord knows you don't feel light on your feet with high top air Jordan basket ball shoes, and you dont feel the support in the ankle with low tops when your playing basket ball so for me personalty the closet thing to natural barefeet is the vibram 5 fingers, they make look funny but get them in black hardly stick out and i swear they are th most comfortable thing you have ever put on your feet.
    I wear them all summer, your feet actually feel more comfortable than they ever will because the muscles in the feet are allowed to stretch and guide you as you walk or run, trust me
    EarthDragon,
    These things are great! I just couldn't resist buying a pair, mainly because I'm a gear junkie but also because I think your advise is sound. I haven't had them for more than a couple of days but so far I think they breath well while running and exercising and feel just like you're bear footed but with protection. You're not kidding about the comfort and I can even wiggle my toes...

I prefer barefoot for training but I now use my feiyues for oly lifting comps to keep a little more rom and its the closet to bareffot i can afford atm.
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

I would recommend to take a look here . They are selling mostly female fashion staff, but there are some nice trainers as well available on the site. Once my wife has purchased it, and she is extremely happy with the quality!
    Last edited by slink; 03-15-2019 at 02:27 PM.