Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating bitter in China

Lucas FTW

That was worth some random pig images.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I still laugh at this one.

Super cute though.

Pesticide is bitter

China: Pesticide Not Sauce Added to Lunch; 1 Dead
    BEIJING April 25, 2013 (AP)

China's state news agency says one person died and 20 others were sickened after a chef mistakenly added pesticide instead of a sauce as he was making lunch.

Xinhua News Agency said in a brief dispatch Thursday that the chef was among those who fell ill after eating the lunch at a construction site in northern China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. The others who were sickened were migrant workers. Two people were in critical condition.

Xinhua quoted the police as saying it was a crime of negligence. There was no mention of whether the chef had been charged.

The report gave no other details.
    Stupid chef.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Stupid chef.
    In Canada, he would be charged with criminal negligence causing death.
    It's akin to manslaughter.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    In Canada, he would be charged with criminal negligence causing death.
    It's akin to manslaughter.
    Negligence causing... is technically manslaughter. In the CCC anyways. Dunno bout south of the 49th.

There are a handful of charges he could be charged with if it was here. Dunno bout China, but I have to believe they have at least some laws covering this.

The real reason for Kung Fu

It gives 100 million men something to do.
    Sexual Mathematics: How Many Men in China will Die Virgins?
    about an hour ago by Master Blaster

Ready to have some fun with numbers? Yeah, we thought as much!

Japan’s News Post Seven recently ran an article claiming that, based on various sets of statistics, 100 million men in China will go through their entire lives without having sex. Let’s go through it and see if they deserve a Nobel Prize or a kick in the pants.

The theory is based on a report from Renmin University published in 2007 titled “Modern Chinese Youth Population Status Report”, which says 50 percent of Chinese men between the ages of 15 to 35 are unmarried. In addition, of approximately 360 million men under the age of 35 in China, half are determined to be “unable to marry.”

So this leaves 180 million Chinese men unable to get hitched, but of course that doesn’t remove their ability to get laid (although it probably does say something about their chances). For this, News Post Seven referred to Shutaro Nakata, author of Chugokujin No Toriatsukai Setsumeisho (The Chinese People Manual).

He states that these “unable to marry” men also don’t have lovers and that they rely on masturbation or the sex industry to satisfy their libidos. Although it’s illegal, Nakata says there is an underground sex industry to be found in China. For example, in Shanghai one could get a call girl for just 600 yuan (US$97) or visit a brothel that operates under the front of a sauna, paying 650 yuan to have a special, grown-up good time.

However, the article also claims that according to the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) in 2009, 59 percent of Chinese workers had a disposable income of less than $5,000 a year. This would mean that for a man of such low income to make use of the aforementioned services even once, it would require about a quarter of their monthly spending money.

Based on the financial burden of using the sex industry in China, New Post Seven concludes that about half of these lusty, unmarried men would not make use of them. As a result the site claims that around 100 million men would go through life without having sex.

I’d give them an A for effort, but they lose marks for not showing their work. I was unable to find the original 2007 report from Renmin University — mostly through trouble finding the title in Chinese — and I couldn’t find the exact data mentioned by JETRO on their website, but they did mention several statistics similar to it. In addition the site seems to take some rather large leaps such as suggesting that over half of these terminally virgin men wouldn’t take the financial hit of visiting a hooker at least once. They seem to discount the concept of casual sex throughout the thought process as well.

Overall, I’d give them a D+ and ask that they get their parents to sign this article and return it to me.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Everyone should have at least one piece of ass before the kick the bucket. It should be one of the commandments.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Everyone should have at least one piece of ass before the kick the bucket. It should be one of the commandments.
    Thou shalt not kick the bucket before ye has at least one piece of ass. Yup, it's kinda catchy.

First colored water...

...now, the blob.
    Oozing up From Below, Mysterious Marshmallow-like Substance Covers Nanjing Street
    6 hours ago by John Stuart Translations

Ever wonder what happened to the remains of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man when Venkman and the rest of the gang destroyed it by “crossing their streams” in Ghostbusters? Well, it appears they may have fallen through a crack in a New York City sidewalk only to emerge 29 years later all the way over to China!

On the evening of May 12, a large amount of an as of yet unidentified marshmallow-like substance was found oozing up out of the ground at an intersection in the Pukou district of Nanjing, China. Reportedly not the best smelling foamy matter in the world (in line with our Stay Puft rotting remains theory!), local residents believe it’s the result of recent large-scale road construction.

Pictures of the mess uploaded to China’s popular microblog website, Weibo, sparked a large amount of interest, and were later picked up and reported on by major Chinese media outlets. Comments on Chinese websites include, “It’s like a pancake,” “It’s Magic!” and “Looks like some kind of alien.”

Police and firefighters who arrived on the scene are said to currently be in the process of cleaning up the billowy froth. It’s reported that some are saying problems such as this one, which have recently started to plague China’s roads, are the result of corner cutting and shoddy workmanship brought about by efforts aimed at reducing labor costs and expenses.

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man leftovers, however, cannot be completely ruled out.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

If all this nasty stuff isn't enough to make people mad enough to storm the lines... I don't know what is. This is just slow death by poison. No different than a violent act when you get right down to it. I would rather just get shot in the head than get some crazy sickness from my tap water.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    If all this nasty stuff isn't enough to make people mad enough to storm the lines... I don't know what is. This is just slow death by poison. No different than a violent act when you get right down to it. I would rather just get shot in the head than get some crazy sickness from my tap water.
    they can just colonize vancouver.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    they can just colonize vancouver.
    Well underway, my friend.

The blob and now this.....What's the world coming to?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-duck-deflates

Air spill!

yeah ok, dumb joke.