Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vin Tsun clips 3 "the return"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    ..................i was walked outside without my consent ? I hit a "female" ? you need to put down that bong Joy.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Post deleting again?
    Some time ago in a different post on a different thread, you had called being taken outside "sumo"
    and that your old sifu asked why you did not do anything!!! So your stories can vary. I don't know what bong you use.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    That is a problem.

At BJJ training last night the head instructor, 3rd degree BB, asked me a technical question. I also quizzed a blue belt on a particular sweep he got me with.

By Kevin's logic, I must be better than the 3rd degree BB but worse than the blue belt. Grossly inaccurate in both cases.

One of the best martial artists I know personally says he ALWAYS goes to seminars and asks the most general and basic questions. You often get an interesting new angle on a subject you thought you knew back to front.

Only in TCMA is keeping secrets and hiding ignorance seen as a good thing. Genuine ignorance isn't your fault. Wilful ignorance certainly is.

Yep, spot on Andrew

That's why I've basically walked away from the whole TCMA thing, I'd hang in there for the "secret techniques" if I thought there was any. But there isn't

Give me a group of guys willing to train hard, ask questions, drop egos and work together to get results and I'll stay there.

And TCMA seems to have lost that

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    It seems you were right.
    Seems I was

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Yep, spot on Andrew

That's why I've basically walked away from the whole TCMA thing, I'd hang in there for the "secret techniques" if I thought there was any. But there isn't

Give me a group of guys willing to train hard, ask questions, drop egos and work together to get results and I'll stay there.

And TCMA seems to have lost that
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FWIW IMO-in a serious subject there can be distinctions between 3 things...

1. deliberately keeping a secret- usually not a good idea,

2. obfuscating with an air of mysticism- a bad idea

3. things becoming or being made clearer as one progresses -an understandable phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

3. things becoming or being made clearer as one progresses -an understandable phenomenon
    All 3 are a fair call joy.

I'll be honest, as I get older I think more like you , WC really has spread way to far and really was intended for the select few.

That's why this forum has such varying and entertaining opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

Yeah, fair call from a teaching perspective.

My argument is with people too proud or afraid to ask questions, those who think they have nothing more to learn, and those who judge askers of questions as ignorant, misguided, disrespectful or threatening.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I'd hang in there for the "secret techniques" if I thought there was any.
    The secret techniques are hard work, sweat, and healthy living.

And, probably, sparring/rolling/whatever with people that are better than you as often as possible.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    The secret techniques are hard work, sweat, and healthy living.

And, probably, sparring/rolling/whatever with people that are better than you as often as possible.
    Yeh, I worked the secret technique out for myself.

And not probably regarding people better than .... I'd say definitely

LMAO first he says he won’t respond to Alan because the Muppet brigade have joined the thread, then he types a detailed response to alan and all the said muppets individually (if we get a choice can I be Animal please?) and then deletes the thread right after writing the responses so people cant respond to him, how childish is this guy??

Anyway good call on the mods for undeleting it

As for the whole secrets and secrecy bit, I like Glenn left TCMA because of this and people claiming to know it all and not being confident to admit when they didn’t, the only reason I went back into TCMA was because I found a coach who (although he has over 3 decades in TCMA under a very well-known master and before that was already a sifu in hung gar and winh chun) is still happy to put on a white belt and take up training in Judo and BJJ, attend the local MMA club, and try out any seminar (TCMA< Hapanese, MMA) and gathering going to learn something new. If it wasn’t for him I would have never bothered with this stuff again

I give up, let the muppets rule...

Ving tsun 4 'yeah'

ving tsun 5 'they didnt'

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Kev,

I have undeleted the thread as it does seem a bit unfair that you delete your threads when things do not go as you would like. However, you have no problem jumping into other threads and spouting the "Gospel" of PB.

I will be happy to go through the thread later tonight, when I am home from work, and clean it up a bit, but let's not always try to take our toys and leave the sand box when things do not go as we would like.
    Guess I was right. Kev, let go the ego man.. it's really pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Besides that, I don't really see the point. To be blunt, you'll just end up getting your panties in a wad and delete this thread within a few days just like you've to most others when they don't go the way you like.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90